How to activate by default the filter Availability (as InStock) when a size is selected ?

GillesB
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there, 

I'm managing a baby apparel website (Shopify 2.0 / Theme Prestige 5.3) selling 900+ different products with many different sizes (Our full product list is available here: https://www.pepites.co/collections/tous-les-articles ).

As soon as a size is selected in my filters list (Under TAILLES in the left-hand column), I would like to display only the items that I have inStock for this size, therefore I would like the filter InStock (Displayed as Disponibilité at the very bottom of the left-hand column) to be selected by default. 
As off today a visitor will have to click on "En Stock" (ie Available, InStock) to activate this filter but I would really like to avoid the need for this click since I only want my visitors to see the products I can sell them.

But.... for a user having filtered 2 different sizes (for instance 6 months & 9 months) and should a product being out of stock for one of these 2 sizes only, the product should still be displayed. 

Do you guys know if there is any app available in the store to sort this out, any piece of code out there that I could easily copy/paste (my developments skills are pretty limited unfortunately) or should I hire a Liquid developer for this job ?

Many thanks in advance for your precious help, 

Gilles

Replies 8 (8)

Typostores
Shopify Partner
68 7 8

Hello,

I'm not sure understand your question, so if you have time, pls contact with me, and i'll ask you something, and give you recommend, incase if I can do it, I'll do it for you. because i'm developer shopify.

thank you.

banned
GillesB
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks a lot @Typostores for your reply.

To clarify my point, please see the attachement here below:

On a Collection page, when a visitor click/select/filter products on a SIZE in the Yellow box (let's say 6 MONTHS & 9 MONTHS - see the 2 yellow arrows -, "6 mois" and "9 mois" in the image attached), I would like the availability filter (in the pink box, as "Disponibilité" in French) to be AUTOMATICALLY activated to display only IN STOCK products (ie "En stock" in French, the pink arrow) to list/display ONLY products I can sell.

Should 2 values be selected (6 MONTHS & 9 MONTHS for instance) and if a body (or any other clothes) is OUT OF STOCK in size 6 MONTHS but still available in size 9 MONTHS, I would like this product still to be displayed.

Hope it helps,

Gilles 

Availability.png

Nancy_Drake
Shopify Partner
185 10 21

Hi @GillesB 

The AI Search & Product Filter includes a feature that automatically hides unavailable items upon selecting a filter. This guarantees that only pertinent filter options are displayed, removing the necessity for users to toggle the 'In stock' filter manually. You can try this app on an unpublished theme to see if it meets your requirements.

filter-1.png

AI Search & Product Filter | SB - Check out our Shopify search and filter app to drive more sales

A-Bos
Tourist
3 0 1

I have the same question, is there a solution yet? I use the Dawn theme.

Anderson10
Excursionist
29 0 8

@GillesB @A-Bos - I was searching for ages to solve this and now have found a solution with the free app Camouflage (https://apps.shopify.com/camouflage). What this does is set the Availability filter as 'in-stock' by default so when a user clicks on a size it will only display items with this size in stock - not a whole list of products which are out of stock on that size. It means I no longer need to delete all variants for out-of-stock items, and then re add them again if I have a return.  

A-Bos
Tourist
3 0 1

This seems to work, very very happy!!!!! 

Fildec
Tourist
11 0 2

THIS!!!!

It's an advanced app feature, but it does precisely that. It toggles the Availability Filter on automatically!
So glad I finally found a solution to this.

Jonezell
Visitor
3 0 0

We were searching everywhere for this and finally found the Camouflage app which has this feature on the free plan:

https://apps.shopify.com/camouflage