How to complain about a vendor?

Hatman63
Visitor
2 0 7

Is there any way for a customer to report a vendor to Shopify for not delivering product & poor CS?

Replies 98 (98)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Hatman63

Julie, here from Shopify Support. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with a specific vendor. Is this a vendor from AliExpress, perhaps? If so, AliExpress is a completely separate entity from Shopify. However, they do have a Buyer Protection program you can use to file a claim against a vendor. If this isn't an AliExpress vendor, please let me know and I'd be happy to offer a few suggestions on next steps. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hatman63
Visitor
2 0 7
"COMPFY SHIRTS"
Product not delivered after more than 6 weeks. More than a dozen emails
back and forth asking for a refund due to non delivery. They keep
telling me to just wait a few more days over & over again. Extremely
dissatisfied with their CS. Still no product and no refund.

Thanks for any help
Brad
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for the additional info, Brad. It sounds like you've instead ordered a product from an online store.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had this issue. I should clarify that Shopify does not have our own vendors; we just provide businesses with the technology they need to run their online stores. As such, our merchants are completely independent and they are responsible for running their business (fulfilling orders, etc.) - we don't ship or manage the stores’ inventory or orders. 

We absolutely understand that it's frustrating to have an online order fall through and we do, however, have a detailed FAQ to help you with the next steps.

I hope this clears things up!  

laurentiuszabo
Visitor
1 0 8

Hi. I am agree with the fact that you are not responsable with the how busineses running the activity trough Shopify. But you need to consider that you offer them all the posibilities to promote an sell (and take our money as customers) their products. In this case, is convinient to pay 30-40 usd/month for all the tools that shopify can give you, to scam all the people out there. 

I have the same situation. I bought an online product (not physical) and is not working. The vendor doese not  answer me to any communication channel. My money are gone, my product doesen't work, the vendor is happy because he scams me and Shopify is happy because have an active subscription from a scam vendor.

There must be a way to fix this. Is it necessary to open a new thread on this topic?

Thank you! 

Rm63
Visitor
2 0 3
I would write a complaint to Better Business Bureau, New York State Department of Commerce and Department of Licensing on both the store and Shopify for allowing scammers to use their product for illicit business.
Ml1234
Visitor
1 0 3

I have the same issue. It appears that Shopify is just a scammer platform hosting and enabling other scammers. I order my product and never heard from them. I was direct to check the progress of my order on Shopify, but just had garbage answer saying it was shipped and asking me to say it was already delivered. Now the cooksetwsite is no longer available and Shopify is covering their tracks, telling me it is a privacy issue that they can’t tell me who scammed me. Avoid Shopify like the the plague. 

Lizzie56
Tourist
3 0 2

Complaining with Shopify is useless they provide the tools o guidance no backup with vendors and all they do is to promote all those marketing gurus who are the only ones who really make money out of this scam to small stores like mine.  The merchandise is always out of stock their refund policy is zero e en if the customer never receives the item and there is NO ONE to talk to. Yes! I believe this is a SCAM!

Vsloan31
Visitor
1 0 0
My email address is victoriasloan31@gmail.com I’m having a hard time getting any assistance on an order I placed 12 days ago from today January 1, 2020 I placed an order from paytonm.shopify.com I received confirmation that the order went through and was informed I would get an email and text message With updates on the shipment of my order I have not received anything nor have I received the order it cost me $120 and I have a bank statement where they took it off my debit card what can I do
ewest305
Visitor
2 0 4

Unhelpful. You do have a responsibility to ensure you are not providing services to criminals. I'll be using this post as evidence to the FTC that you are enabling thieves and washing your hands of their thievery. Until you actually remove "shopify" from the URL, you will continue to be a target of unhappy customers. It's companies like yours that enable and with the virus, no one has the patience or time to deal with people like you and your hands off approach to theft. 

DaliborF
Visitor
2 0 1

This is all nice i read everything but the issue when you go to report, specific order you cant, the shop that i buy from shopify sent me email confirmation but without option to view the order online so I don't have a way to report it, what is the other way to report order, as i'm not satisfied and they didn't deliver the services as promised and the mislead people and you cant report them or file complaint.

I tried many times to resolve issues, they don;t respond with days, when they respond they tell you need some time to wait etc. I asked them for refund but they don't respond.

Regards

josekavunkal
Tourist
6 0 4
If Shopify is not helping ,just raise a chargeback from the bank .
There is a specific form for this for every bank .
Just ask you bank to share the form ,they are supposed to do chargeback ,
I never thought that it would be that easy.
DaliborF
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you very much I will try that tomorrow, just if you are interested this is the store https://lbee.tech/ they have Instagram page as well. 

Regards

Sriji
Visitor
1 0 0

Julie - I also ordered boAt speakers and other stuff at a huge discount sale. VIREN BHARATBHAI KACHHADIYA was the vendor. unfortunately there is no website or place I can track and there is no email address. The shopify page also doesnt exist anymore ? where do I complain? the following is supposedly the shopify landing page - which doesnt exist anymore ? https://360e87.myshopify.com/77306757414/checkouts/d9a42dab781731a163d407201204c164/thank_you

My question is how do I track the vendor ? How do I get the refund? This Business is based out of India . The transaction happened on 15 June.  The ad appeaared in FB if I aam correct. so by all means I thought these are legit and the payment was processed through payu. Now if payment processor and the virtual store provider like you decline the responsibility for a vendor like this who in all probability is an online fraud - Are you not supporting this illegal stealing of money? what kind of tools you have to track these guys and share their Phone numbers? where can I report these cases with Indian cyber crime authority ? I would appreciate if you can give answers to my queries

Regards

Ganesh

Dabmtntom
Visitor
1 0 3
Hi Julie! I've got a vendor I'd like to file a complaint against. I placed my order 3 months ago and never received my order. I've been fighting with the store owner to get a refund and he just keeps lying to me. What's the best way to get action taken against the store owner?
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @laurentiuszabo and @Dabmtntom.

I can completely understand the frustration and stress in having to face these types of issues with your online orders. While we do our best to take action against fraudulent stores using our platform, we also strongly encourage customers like yourselves to report these instances to our team for an internal review.

Creating a new thread won't be necessary. Instead, for next steps, including how to submit a complaint for a specific store, please refer to our detailed FAQ. Once your report has been submitted, it will be automatically sent to a specialized team for review, and they will be taking action as necessary.

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention.

elpusso
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Julie

I don't envy your job but the common theme seems to be lack of goods paid for, a classic scam costing your company money and trust. Surely just by looking on trust pilot UK which shows over 75% nil rating they should realise there is a general retailer problem. I am still waiting for goods and to say the retailers are independent is no excuse as it wasn't obvious to me when I bought the item that shopify wasn't the seller. I wasn't aware of the platform but I am now. I note it is also becoming a policy that the origin of goods is excluded from descriptions or in very small print and the customer will miss out. No shopper should have to complain so many times and your management really have to look at themselves and consider their positions.

Lizzie56
Tourist
3 0 2

Is this a joke? I opened my store on April this year and all I have had so far are problems with suppliers recommended by Shopify I even think they rate these suppliers but the truth is none of them are useful! you place you order they don't fill it out and a while they cancel it! they don't refund the money and you look horrible with your customers I am being forced to close my store because the only orders they complied with took over a month and the products were of horrible quality.  I know this because I, myself  have to order to see what was going on and now. I changed suppliers and I have a supplier now called MUITII I think it is and they are telling me that they don't know why the supplier is refusing my orders I have pay them on time I have been their loyal  customer and this is like they're punishing me for something! How can you do business with a supplier that is not reliable they have not even one supplier in there that is worth it and the other ones want a fortune so why is Shopify doing this to the merchants the people that have trusted their platform we are dropping like flies I have invested a lot of money in advertising because I think they might have a linked with this marketing companies because they know that you cannot do it on your own and you're going to need help. These so called gurus that they talk about they are not they don't have the knowledge to help anybody and now that you can't even get in touch with them there is no phone number and they just answer emails whenever and however they want to so I'm stuck in the middle of this nightmare and my advice to whoever wants to start a Shopify store is DON'T! Your answer will be TBA Shopify is not responsible that they're third party vendors well, YOU SHOULD NOT ALLOWED these vendors in your site after all these complaints! Allow merchants to work with their own dropshipers then! It's the fair thing to do people! 

Stuph
Visitor
2 0 8
There are multiple fraudulent Shopify stores on Facebook! Often they’re using the name of a legitimate company to make it difficult to determine their authenticity. They offer fabulously cheap items, free shipping, use PayPal services and have wonderful ads for the products but they are a scam. I have sent notifications to Facebook and PayPal with no response. Shopify has created a new commercial monster- a method to quickly cheat under the guise of a legitimate entity!
rymeric
Tourist
6 0 10

What they are doing is illegal in the United States. There are some lax commerce laws (especially when related to copyright) in Canada. I would suspect

this is why they are located there as well. Again, contact the authorities (RCMP) in Canada and make a complaint against Shopify.

Stuph
Visitor
2 0 8

That's not my point, here! Shopify needs to police itself and/or have some control over who gets on Facebook. What defines a legitimate storefront? Why not a Shopify license number? The platform is becoming the wild west! I will not buy anything anymore from a Shopify store and I have told many others the same.

Shell__T
Visitor
2 0 3

This store was up yesterday had FB ads all over the place - I foolishly placed an order - but today the store is aldreay gone?

eranado dot myshopify dot com

so it is obviously a fraud; the payment made through PayPal went to someone named Nguyễn Anh Dũng

I was at least smart enough to use a CC which I can dispute the charge as soon as it hits my account.  What does Shopify do to alert customers when there is an open and close fraud like this?

Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0

@Shell__T 

Again, it's not shopify's responsibility... plus how would they know?  They sell the TOOLS to create an ecommerce website. 

Read my above post.

spomroy
Visitor
3 0 0
But allowing fraudulent behavior/actions makes them just as guilty...
Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0

@spomroy 

Seriously... How are they "allowing it?"  they have 100's of 1000's of legit customers who purchase their TOOLS to create 100's of 1000's of legit shops... with millions of customers who buy from them every day without issues   It is not their job to police each shop and every customer's transaction.   You want that... shop one of the popular marketplaces where you still could get defrauded. 

Another example... if YOU buy a hammer from a home improvement shop and you smash in your neighbor's car window... is that the home improvement responsibility on how YOU used the hammer?    Its not right?  Its the same concept.  Shopify sells tools.  They are not a marketplace!!

Let's not forget... with all the cyber fraud going on... one would think... and this may be a stretch here... but... one would think that one would do a little research before buying from a website they never heard of before.  Would it not make common sense to do a simple little search for reviews on the unknown site before you bought from there?  I would think so.   But that's just my opinion.

This thread should be closed.

carmensandiego
Visitor
2 0 3
I disagree - as a consumer and a s a vendor myself, there should be compliance. And if Shopify received numerous complaints about a bogus vendor it’s their duty to investigate and shut it down.

Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0

It can not be their responsibility.  They are not investigators or law enforcers... and they do not dictate policies that shop owners have to comply with in regards to how each of us run our own business.  What if you got a lot of complaints which stemmed from an irate customer... who felt you did not live up to their expectations and they filed multiple complaints and as a result, your shop was shut down?   It would not be fair.  Why?  because they are bogus complaints?   Who's to say that.  If you are going to look at it from both the consumer and vendor's side... look at it from both sides.   Would you like your site shut down because someone told you how to run your business? 

Bottom line... again... Shopify is not a marketplace.  They do not dictate how you use their tools.  Their free trial is open to anyone... so virtually anyone can create a shop, be it live or test for the time of the trail... and maybe, just maybe that's what happened to some of these people... where someone created a trail shop... loaded some products etc... and decided they were not going to continue with the shop.  And they did not close it down... and when it expired it was removed... but the day before a consumer bought something from the UNKNOWN shop... and the next they are no longer there.   That is possible and probable.   Granted there are bad people out there who are bogus etc... there are tons of bogus websites out there... but is it not up to each of us, as consumers, to shop responsibly and use common sense?  Shop with a protected payment option... and check reviews when shopping with someone you never heard of before.  If you shopped with protective payments... then it is easy to get your money back... if you checked the unknown shop out prior to ordering... more than likely they would not have placed the order to begin with.  As you see... its all common sense.

Im not saying its all the shopper's fault.  But they are partially to blame along with the fraudulent and some careless trail shop owners.  None of these are shopify's responsibility.  Why?  they are NOT a marketplace like the handmade market places... or the huge retail giant or auction sites that we are all familiar with where sellers sell under their umbrellas... therefor are held compliant to their policies and ways of doing business.   Shopify only sells us the tools to open up a shop... like a landlord of a storefront.  They are not investigators or law enforcement officers to determin what is right or wrong... There are other recourses for consumers with complaints.   

Again... Shopify provides us with the tools to set up a shop... What we do with that shop any online shop is OUR responsibility... be it as the shop owner or the consumer.  

rymeric
Tourist
6 0 10

Wrong.. It is their responsibility to abide by the law as an online service provider. Something they are in violation of in the US. I have the proof.  Do your research on copyright safe harbor and repeat infringement.

Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0

WOW!!  

lol Proof?   Do you know what you are talking about???

What does copyright safe harbor and repeat infringement provisions have to do with someone being defrauded by a bogus or inactive website?   NOTHING!!!

However... I will respond with... The Digital Millennium Copyright Act includes a set of provisions commonly known as the DMCA Safe Harbors. (17 U.S.C. § 512.) These provisions are designed to protect online service providers (OSPs) from liability from copyright claims arising out of conduct by their end-users that copyright holders claim is infringing: when, for example, users submit content to an online service that does not belong to them, this could be an act of copyright infringement. right?

If specific procedures and requirements of the DMCA are satisfied – matters that are frequently challenged in copyright cases – the OSP has no liability for money damages, and at most only fairly harmless exposure to injunctions (court orders directing the OSP to do or not do something).

Your proof only proves my point... the service provider... IS NOT LIABLE.   Again this is NOT A MARKETPLACE!

rymeric
Tourist
6 0 10

Wow what? Shopify is not above the law. They have to comply with repeat complaints and they do not. What is it that you don't understand?

Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0

Law?  Did I ever say they are above the law?   I never said they are above the law... learn to read or learn to comprehend what you read and not make an argument that makes you look like you have no idea of what you are talking about.  

You point out a specific reference to a Federal Act and clearly, within that act, it states Online Service Providers are not responsible for their end-users content.   Hmm, I guess you know more about laws than I do... I'm only a US Federal Officer.  So whatever you say.

Have a great rest of your day.

rymeric
Tourist
6 0 10

Shopify allows repeat infringement and does not enforce a repeat infringer clause on its network. This did not work out well for Cox Communications recently. A federal officer who knows nothing about the DMCA obviously. You're part of the problem.

Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0

Again, learn to read my friend. 

If you have a copyright complaint, which BTW is totally different from what this thread is about, file your complaint with the proper resources and authorities for such against the party committing the offense.  It is NOT the service provider's responsibility as clearly noted in the very act you referenced.  They are not the copyright police.  They can not determine if something is being infringed on or not.   There are proper resources for this.  If you knew anything you would know that much.

Have a great rest of your day. 

dolvey
Visitor
2 0 0

This all sounds good but what I an asking of Shopify is the information they have under which the fake vendor setup their account so that I can pursue them myself.

Shell__T
Visitor
2 0 3

I agree, they should have some standards in place if not for any other reason than to protect their own brand.  If I am scammed by anyone whose website indicates "www (dot) blahblahblah (dot) SHOPIFY (dot) com" then they are implicating the platform.  I believe that there is a duty and should be a willingness to fight for the consumers and not just for vendors who may or may not be legit.  otherwise their brand and their platform become automatic "oh shopify.  no thanks" and we consumers will click right past.

SteveB3
Tourist
5 0 9
I agree that Shopify is merely a tool sometimes used by bad people. But unlike a hammer bought at the local hardware store, Shopify remains involved in its use (“Here, need more bullets? We got ‘em”). Shopify is the landlord of online stores and it seems that a good landlord would want some sort of security against illegal schemes, in order to protect the reputation of other sellers. Would I want to rent space in a mall next to a meth lab allowed to operate there? Or next to faceless merchants scamming their customers? It seems that Shopify needs to balance their anxiousness to expand, with the moral and ethical duty to their customers wanting to make an honest living.
Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0
On that rational... every bank should shut down every site... online
payment systems should shutdown every site.  Even he giants get bad
reviews and complaints where someone feels they were defrauded.  So shut
them down is what you are saying?

It is NOT Shopify's responsibility to investigate a shops ethics or to
determine if they are operating illegally or not.  What if it's just a
troubled consumer with an issue who's complaining because they did not
get the results they wanted?  Are you saying that is absolutely not
possible? Wake up... that happens every day online where someone bashes
a retailer or seller because they are not happy.   You see the
reviews... Worst experience of my life... Ruined my summer... Ruined my
child's Christmas, etc... etc... etc.  I guess all those people live in
a perfect little bubble where they never had a broken bone or kid fall
and cut their forehead open or a car accident or a speeding ticket or a
flat tire or bad weather that cause some sort of damage etc... All of
which would be far worse of an experience in my book.   The bottom line
is not everyone in the ecommerce world is honest and good.  Including
some customers.   And there are far more bad customers than there are
bad sellers.  I know of a couple who buys things in local stores and
online... uses them and return them before the end of the return policy
term... and then will go get something new again... and do it all over
again.   They did this with TV's from local box store.  When they got
caught and retailer giant refused to take back the return... they cried
foul and filed all these complaints etc.  They were really upset.  As if
the store had some nerve to not allow them to use an item for 30 days
for free... and return it for a new item for another 30 days. REALLY?

With that said... Im sure Shopify would do the right thing if contacted
by law enforcement or a court order.   But just to shut down someone
because they got complaints would be irresponsible... and as it has been
said many times... it is not their job, jurisdiction or duty to
investigate what shop owners do.  Like online marketplaces who do have a
stake in each and every seller's online presence on their respective
sites... Even they will not take action against a seller unless certain
circumstances arise or served more information by law enforcement or
court order.

The bottom line is... There are avenues to hold shop owners accountable.
Shopify is not one of them.  The first thing someone should do is shop
responsibly. They would avoid many issues to begin with.  But if a issue
arises... stop their payment... that will instantly resolve their issue
and make them whole.   If they are irresponsible meaning they did not do
their homework or shopped and paid with an unsecured method of
payment... that is another story... and Shopify cant be blamed or held
responsible for that.

Additionally... We all have to be accountable for our actions online.  I
have been shopping online ever since you could by things on the web.  I
have been doing it so long... im one of the first 100 members of the
premier service of the largest online retailer.... so I have been online
for a while.  I have never once lost money to a fly by night website.  
Its not luck... its called being responsible... and if there is an issue
where I bought something that did not arrive and the seller or shipping
carrier did not resolve the issue... I file a dispute with my payment
provider and it gets resolved.  No need to figure out who hosts their
site and complain.  Use your span of support.

Good experiences online starts with ME... and making sure I shop from
reputable shops.  Not falling for the too good to be true shops...
advertising a $400 vacuum for $59 with all the bells and whistles and
free shipping... but limited time offer and the website is some no-name
I never heard of with zero reviews online. To shop there... would be
irresponsible and a risk.   If I choose to take that risk then I should
also accept the consequences if something goes wrong... and have to deal
with it.  I dont cry to the web host or their internet service provider
and cry fowl.

Responsible Shopping Everyone!!

SteveB3
Tourist
5 0 9

@Shelly__T

I agree, Look at the (sometimes poor) reputation PayPal has, I know we were losing sales because we only accepted PayPal and people said they refused to deal with PayPal because they'd had a bad experience in the past.

It would be near impossible for Shopify to police their stores, but perhaps a review process similar to eBay could help weed out the bad apples.

Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0
While I like the idea of a review system... the only issue with a review
system is that Shopify is not an online marketplace like ebay. So I dont
see how it would even be possible... because where would you learn about
the reviews?  On ebay the reviews are on... well Ebay.  For
Joesplumbingsupply.com where will the reviews be... on shopify? and how
many buyers would really go to shopify to either leave a review or check
em?

I think the easiest way to decide if you wanna purchase from a website
you are unfamiliar with is do a simple 2-second google search to find
out if they are legit or not... and if they are legit, are they trust
worthy enough to buy from.

That's the easy, simple answer.   Be Responsible.

OneMultanomah
Tourist
4 0 1
🛑Guys,you got robbed....it just happens to me also. NO,YOU WONT HEAR BACK...TJIS IS THE NAME OF THIS GAME...& We got someone who posts several paragraphs how it's all "the consumers fault"....OK...look,we ALL KNOW BETTER NOW.....WE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE NOW ... & NEVER NEVER SHOP WITH ANYONE WITH THE WORD SHOPIFY...,THE PLATFORM COULD BE HARBOURING THIEFS. LIKE THEY SAYING GOS...."They fooled me once Shame on them ( vendor🤥).. fool me twice (buying anything from anyone with the word Shopify .🏚️) 😱,then,shame on me! (The one making purchases on the computer).. ANYONE WHO READS THIS... KNOW DONT GO WITH ANY VENDOR THROUGH SHOPIFY....don't get fooled twice🎲🎲 (buying from vendors w Shopify),it's like rolling the dice...thx!
Matttoulouse
Visitor
2 0 0
There should be some form of a advertisement out there flashing as a pop up for warnings to the fraudulent vendors like torch x pluss. Scam! O others dont suffer th same fate. Or get some internet police action going. Con Investigations are us! Internet justice! I want to see scam a artists face as he watches his millions of dollars stolen in his account deplete to a neg mill.
Rm63
Visitor
2 0 3
This Is bull they should be held accountable these scammers rely on their well known name to hide behind. Shopify should make sure that their product is used by a legitimate business. In the end when the public catches on Shopify will lose business because it will be known that they are the preferred tool for scammers.
Vickyk28
Visitor
2 0 2

I totally agree. It a kind of "guarantee" that I do not deal with scammers the use of Shopify. But as I see Shopify is not doing any check before co-operating. So no trust to Shopify.

Park65
Visitor
1 0 1
Yes, I am going to contact consumer protection agency. I have ordered on FB and noticed that they are fraudulent. The website claimed that the item was made in USA, but suddenly the Chines name after the payment ($99) using Papal. The saved website is blank now and the contact email doesn't work. It is very disappointing that these kind of behavior can pass through without any punishment.
dummy
Visitor
2 0 0
Still have not received the hay baler, farm tractor tools and mini excavator ordered in January for a total cost of $799. Did receive a stamped metal spoon and a plastic bead bracelet from China. I hope the pandemic will virtually wipe out SHOPIFY.com in China.

Wayne Stafford at hwaynestafford@comcast.net.
spomroy
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there, I would also like to complain about a vendor. I ordered something from Henri's Toys back at the end of December and despite sending two emails to them directly and an email to a 'docpopshop', I have not heard back. 

How can this be resolved?

Samantha 

carmensandiego
Visitor
2 0 3

I need to report a fraudulent vendor using Shopify-how do I go about doing this?

N1234
Visitor
1 0 0
https://www.wenran.store/pages/contact-us

Jannaxtonalf6989@gmail.com

Please block this individual indefinitely. They are a fraudster that keeps selling things they don’t mail our and using customer info to steal information. They close Shopify pages repeatedly and open new ones to continue their scam. A google search of the email will show how many pages they have fraudulently made.
Print-N-Tees
Excursionist
18 1 0

Attention Customers with Complaints!

Keep in mind Shopify only provides products and services to businesses (like mine)... just like a bank or home improvement box store or any other wholesaler or business to business provider. They are not an online retail marketplace where vendors sign up to showcase and sell their goods and services under their website and a name like some of the giant marketplaces out there. 

A company, again like mine, buys Shopify's products and services and we use those tools to create a website and eCommerce platform to sell our products and or services.  Just as a contractor may buy a box of nails and some wood from the local home improvement box store to build that deck in your yard.  If you hire a contractor to do a home improvement or repair... and there is an issue with the contractor... whatever the issue... do you go to the home improvement store to complain and tell them they should police what the contractors, and everyone else for that matter, does with the nails and wood or other tools they sell them?  Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

If you went to the grocery store and bought some milk and it is sour... do you go to the dairy farmer and complain? No, you don't.

If you paid a deposit for a wedding photographer and they went out of business before your wedding... do you complain to the manufacturer of the camera or film?  No, you don't.

If you go to a major retailer's website and order a blender... and you don't get it... do you go to the manufacturer and distributor of that blender to complain?  No, you don't.  Do you go to the retailer's bank and complain or complain to their accountant's office, the insurance company, the web-host, the janitorial company, the landlord of their warehouse or retail stores properties, etc?  No, you don't.  And if you did what would happen?  Nothing.  All those people service the retailer... they do not control the retailer's actions or lack of.

So what to do?

There are proper channels to make complaints about online stores.  Making complaints to whoever sells them the tools and resources to have an existence online is not one of them and will end up nowhere as they have no jurisdiction or control over that.  Same as the home improvement store has no control over how a contractor uses the nails they sold them.

If you ordered online... you probably paid with a secure payment option like credit card or online payment provider.  That should be your first place of action... Stopping or reversing the payment.  You should have an idea where the shop is located... contact their local district attorney's office, BBB or other consumer protection agencies.   There's a lot better places to complain where it will make a difference.  That's my point.

I wish you all good luck in recouping your losses... or taking actions against those bad vendors. 

Marianna

Keithtel
Visitor
1 0 0

I get this message when i clicked on an ad from this site.  https://powervide.myshopify.com/products/neste

Oops, something went wrong.

What happened?
This shop is unavailable
What can I do?

What is the issue? Is it a scam?