Solved

How to convert from ebay to shopify?

Ankle34
Tourist
6 1 1

Hello!

I am a search engine optimisation expert. 

i have run multiple sites and now I have ecommerce store on eBay. One of my friend has suggested me to go for Shopify because Shopify is the best plateform ever. 

I am totally convinced totally and completely. 

Unfortunately he is not living in New York and he has moved to other city and he got some health issues that is why i do not want him to get bother about this.

Is there any on expert here who can guide me about this ?

Should I move to shopify or shouldn't?

if I should move, than how to do it the process ?

Please guide me step by step.

thank you so much. 

banned
Accepted Solution (1)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1071 97 195

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Ankle34.

Welcome to Shopify! 

This is definitely the platform for you. Are you planning on selling your products you list on eBay in Shopify? Or, are you planning on creating a brand new store? Whatever your business strategy is, we have a 14 day free trial which is completely risk free. There's no reason to even input your payment details until the trial expires! This way you can decide if Shopify is right for your business. 

If you are planning on selling your eBay catalogue on Shopify, you can use an app like Codisto to import your eBay listing directly to Shopify. Or, if eBay allows you to export your product list into a CSV, you can use that CSV to upload your listings to Shopify. The best thing about the Codisto app is it also integrates with Walmart and Amazon marketplaces. 

Next, we have a great checklist for new users which allows you to create your store step by step with easy to follow video tutorials along the way. This ensures you don't miss anything! It is completely newbie friendly. Thus, if you already run stores on other platforms this will be a breeze for you.

Additionally, I do want to be transparent and make you aware of our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. If your current listings on eBay are branded products, our Risk Team will most likely require you to sign an attestation regarding your inventory and how it is sourced, or, a resellers license depending on your location. 

In the meantime, we also have loads of free material and online courses that cover all things ecommerce. This will also help you during your Shopify journey. And of course, if you have anymore questions, please let me know!

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1071 97 195

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Ankle34.

Welcome to Shopify! 

This is definitely the platform for you. Are you planning on selling your products you list on eBay in Shopify? Or, are you planning on creating a brand new store? Whatever your business strategy is, we have a 14 day free trial which is completely risk free. There's no reason to even input your payment details until the trial expires! This way you can decide if Shopify is right for your business. 

If you are planning on selling your eBay catalogue on Shopify, you can use an app like Codisto to import your eBay listing directly to Shopify. Or, if eBay allows you to export your product list into a CSV, you can use that CSV to upload your listings to Shopify. The best thing about the Codisto app is it also integrates with Walmart and Amazon marketplaces. 

Next, we have a great checklist for new users which allows you to create your store step by step with easy to follow video tutorials along the way. This ensures you don't miss anything! It is completely newbie friendly. Thus, if you already run stores on other platforms this will be a breeze for you.

Additionally, I do want to be transparent and make you aware of our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. If your current listings on eBay are branded products, our Risk Team will most likely require you to sign an attestation regarding your inventory and how it is sourced, or, a resellers license depending on your location. 

In the meantime, we also have loads of free material and online courses that cover all things ecommerce. This will also help you during your Shopify journey. And of course, if you have anymore questions, please let me know!

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog