How to correctly set up SPF with Google Workspace and Shopify?

How to correctly set up SPF with Google Workspace and Shopify?

dtrautz
Tourist
8 0 6

(I have my DMARC and DKIM set up) I'm trying to get my SPF set up and I can't find any answers to my question. I have Google Workspace, I have it linked up with my Shopify and my domain is through Shopify. All of that is good to go. When I go to get info from Google on how to set up the SPF, it only shows me how to set it up if I'm only sending emails from Google. When I check how to do it from Shopify's end, it tells me to put v=spf1 include:_spf.hostedemail.com ~all   so does that mean I enter my Google Workspace email into the part that says "hostedemail.com"? Do I need to add anything else along with it for it to allow me to send emails through my Google Workspace email as well?

I THINK I need to add this but I honestly have no idea if it's correct. Since I want to send emails through Shopify as well as Google Workspace, I would have to add v=spf1 include:_spf.MYEMAILHERE.com ~all v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com  ~all       or what I found on another post v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com  include:shops.shopify.com  ~all    do I put my website into the shops.shopify.com part? 

I'm so confused and any help would be much appreciated!

Replies 5 (5)

MilaTatyanina
Tourist
5 0 5

I have the same question, will be waiting for the answer here.

arenhc
Excursionist
14 0 14

I used v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

and tested sending emails through Shopify and Google Workspace and both are showing up as passing DMARC, DKIM and SPF.

dtrautz
Tourist
8 0 6

Thank you! Did you replace shops.shopify with your shop domain or do we leave that generic text? Appreciate you

arenhc
Excursionist
14 0 14

leave the generic text, you don't have to change anything

MilaTatyanina
Tourist
5 0 5

Thank you. I also put there the following string and all tests are passed. The first include was recommended in the Shopify help article, so I left it there.

v=spf1 include:_spf.hostedemail.com include:shops.shopify.com include:_spf.google.com ~all