Solved

How to create a Discount coupon that is eligible for my new Customers Only

Ali_Zeeshan
Shopify Partner
18 3 2

I don't want to use an app for this because I saw there is an option when we create a discount coupon according to which we can apply discount only to a particular segment of customers.  I tried to create a new segment and named it "New Customers". For the New Customers segment I tried these filters:

customer_account_status = 'ENABLED' AND customer_added_date >= 2022-07-28
number_of_orders >= 0 AND customer_added_date >=2022-07-29
customer_account_status = 'ENABLED'

But The discount coupon is still applicable to even those visitors who have not created their account.  Is there a way to create discount coupon that is only applicable for those visitors who are new and they have created their account as well.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2828 442 576

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ali_Zeeshan 

Thank you for sharing the steps you took already to try and create this unique discount option for your customers. 

I would recommend adding the discount to customer account creation email that is automatically sent to new customer accounts who manually register. This is a great way to build your customer list, create email subscribers and also ensure that customers are going to see/find your emails. 

It's important to note that customer accounts are created even for customers who aren't manually signing up. Every abandoned cart customer, etc, has an "account" in your store to maintain the data they have shared with you so far. Encouraging customers to fully setup an account through the account creation process (enable accounts mandatory for checkout is one way to do so) or sign up as an email subscriber are the best ways to offer a discount like this. 

The specific email template should look like this in your admin:

02-20-70817-28162

Alternatively, you can use the email subscription status email instead of the customer account status email to send the discount to the customer. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Ali_Zeeshan
Shopify Partner
18 3 2

Thanks! It worked 😀

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2828 442 576

Hi @Ali_Zeeshan 

Thank you for sharing the steps you took already to try and create this unique discount option for your customers. 

I would recommend adding the discount to customer account creation email that is automatically sent to new customer accounts who manually register. This is a great way to build your customer list, create email subscribers and also ensure that customers are going to see/find your emails. 

It's important to note that customer accounts are created even for customers who aren't manually signing up. Every abandoned cart customer, etc, has an "account" in your store to maintain the data they have shared with you so far. Encouraging customers to fully setup an account through the account creation process (enable accounts mandatory for checkout is one way to do so) or sign up as an email subscriber are the best ways to offer a discount like this. 

The specific email template should look like this in your admin:

02-20-70817-28162

Alternatively, you can use the email subscription status email instead of the customer account status email to send the discount to the customer. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ali_Zeeshan
Shopify Partner
18 3 2

Thanks! It worked 😀