How to get Sub Collections Linked to a Collection via Navigation Menu

Hrithik
1 0 0

Below are my sample URL's. 

https://website.com/collections/western-wear

https://website.com/collections/western-wear/products/velvet-cami-dress

I'm new to Shopify. I need to display the list of Sub Collections Linked to the Collection - western-wear 

How do I achieve this?

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
956 63 155

Hey, there!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

I can show you how to link the sub-collections you have created to the parent collection in your main menu navigation. If I understand your query correctly, I think a drop-down menu would work best for you!

There is a guide here that goes over things, but I will break it down for you here, step by step.

Firstly, go to Online Store > Navigation. This section controls all the navigation menus in your store. After that, you would need to select "Main Menu" to add your collection to the main menu in the header of your store

Once you are in the Main Menu section, scroll to the bottom of the menu items and click to add a new menu item. 

Here, you can name the menu item what you would like to appear in the storefront navigation. If the sub-collections you want to show are all clothing items, I would suggest calling the menu item 'clothing'

click Add when you are done!

After that, you can add more menu items, all with the titles of the sub-collections you want to add. When you have added the first menu item you want to show in the drop-down, you can click the dots to the left of the title to drag it up under the 'Clothing' title. Dragging it slightly to the right of the Clothing title will add this as a drop-down menu item.

You will then see the option to 'Add another menu item to Clothing', so you can add as many as you want here! 

Once the menu items are added, you can click 'edit' beside each item to link the corresponding sub-collection. A new menu item will automatically link to the Homepage. To link a collection, simply hit the 'X' beside homepage to see other options

As soon as you are happy with the way your menu's are set up, just hit Save! They will then show as a dropdown link on your storefront. Below is an example from my own test store: 

From the admin Navigation -

From the live store -

Let me know how you get on!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
taynguyenem
2 0 0

Hi Ava

This is my problem. I have main menu with 3 level.

Collection 1 is parent menu. Collection lv2.1 and Collection lv2.2 is childrens menu

In the menu Collection 1: show all product of Collection lv2.1 and Collection 2.2.

In this screen how to show list link of Collection lv2.1 and Collection 2.2 ? This means displaying all child products and subcategories in one screen.

Demo: 

Link Collection 1: https://donvstore.myshopify.com/collections/collectionlv1

In the left menu, have 2 sub menu is Collection lv2.1 and Collection lv 2.2

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi @Hrithik, I made a video tutorial for you on how to get Sub Collections Linked to a Collection via Navigation Menu. Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/shopify-answers/sub-collections-linked-shopify-tutorial

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
956 63 155

Hi @taynguyenem!

Ava here, so sorry for the delayed response! 

I just checked out your Shopify store, I can't seem to see any navigation menu's added? Also, the layout of the homepage looks off, the text is displaying vertically rather than in horizontal sentences. Have you made any recent changes to your store's theme.liquid? I'm sure I can help you out here.

Let me know if you want to move ahead with a navigation menu!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
lubenakov
2 0 0

Hi Ava,

I follow the Shopify community, and I have the same issues as this topic. I want to show only the sub cats on the current collection.

This is my preview theme https://5vgu7m8b9yxc8xn4-35445440652.shopifypreview.com

My example: If the client open "Bedroom Furniture" Collection, under the breadcrumb I want to show only  "Desks, Dinning Table, Level 3-3, Level 3-4".

Any suggestions, tips...

Best regards and Thanks

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
956 63 155

Hi @lubenakov!

Just so I'm sure, can you signify where on the page you want the sub-collectons to show? Here under 1. in the breadcrumb menu, or under 2. the collection titles?

20-29-ogsap-egokl

Under 2., how did you list those collections there?

Thanks!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes
lubenakov
2 0 0

Hi Ava,

This is a custom javascript to show up only subcategories on current (selected) from the menu. But I want the same solution using liquid syntax.

Bedroom Furniture has four sub-collection in the menu, and they show up under breadcrumbs (Desk, Dinning Table Level 3-3 Level 3-4). If you click Styles Sofas, under breadcrumbs will see Bedroom Furniture, Chairs, Level 2-3, Level 2-4 

This is it... are you know some solution using liquid code?

Best regars

0 Likes