how to make the product page the home page ?

fouriajorden
Tourist
8 0 3

having trouble figuring how to make the product page the home page

chamathme
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello,

Unfortunately, Shopify doesn't have a built-in function like WordPress to select a product page or any other page as a Home page.

You have to select a theme that having that functionality or have to do some code customization for that requirement.

Thanks

0 Likes
fouriajorden
Tourist
8 0 3

yeah i was assuming that was the problem, how would I do that in the code?

0 Likes
chamathme
Tourist
4 0 0

Custom coding and update a little bit of design will make your home page like a products page. 

Can I see your current website then I can give you some more ideas may be?

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
252 43 48

Hi, @fouriajorden

As @chamathme mentioned, you are not able to select a product page and make it your home page through the theme editor. However, other than custom coding, you may have some other options depending on what you are trying to achieve. 

The following are a few questions so I can help make some suggestions: 

Home pages are an important landing page for your customer; they are an opportunity to introduce your brand, and make a strong first impression. The header - the first section a visitor sees on your home page - is typically combination of an attention-grabbing headline, persuasive subtitle, and captivating visual to help keep new visitors on your site. I recommend making sure that removing the home page is the right decision for your brand, and business. There is more about home page design in our blog if you are interested in learning more. 

If, for example, you are a one product store, this could be a good use of featuring a sole product on your home page. Since visitors who land here are expecting to find only one product. Below are some examples of themes optimized for selling one product

Other options for featuring products on the home page are available through sections, which are used to build your home page. Depending on the theme you select, different sections will be available. Once I know the theme you are using, and the number of products, I can help make some section recommendations. 

Lastly, as mentioned by chamathme, you could achieve this through custom coding. If you need further assistance with custom coding outside of the Community, you can always hire a Shopify Expert

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog