FROM CACHE - en_header

How to manage different inventories for shipping and in store pickup?

zmo
Tourist
12 0 6

Hello Shopify Community,

I got a warehouse and a brick'n mortar shop that are 300km away from each other, and a 3hrs drive. We set up about a month ago online store orders fulfilment at the depot, while we kept on serving our customers from the shop.

Though, last Friday, our country has begun a new lockdown, and our store has to close to the public, and we need to set our online shop and the brick'n mortar one up to also include in store pickup. Then I thought, that's great, we already did that, and Shopify even brought that new feature "in store pickup" and I thought that was awesome.

What I did not realize is that the Shopify "in store pickup" feature had a huge limitation, as stated within this manual page:

• This also means that non-pickup online orders can take inventory from your pickup or retail locations. Make sure that you review your fulfillment priorityand modify it if necessary.

The issue here is that my online location being 300km away from my brick'n mortar store, I cannot set it up.

So, I'm looking for a way to circumvent that, whether this is a hack in the theme, using an app, or using some shopify dark magic!

I had the support who told me this is not possible as is ☹

Reply 1 (1)
Manu_Meyer
Tourist
6 0 5