Solved

How to remove my credit card from shopify payment method?

sanchita
Visitor
2 0 0

I want to remove my credit card from shopify payment method, but there is no option to remove, only you can add cards. Please suggest me.

Accepted Solution (1)
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Kesia 

You will need to reach out to our support team directly to see about a refund. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

All the Best, 

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 39 (39)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @sanchita 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. Cards cannot be removed from your Shopify account through the admin, they can only be replaced. This is to ensure that there is always a card available to charge when your invoice is due. Once you add a new card to your account this is the only card that will be charged. If you would like to have the card taken off your account completely I can look into getting this sent to our Account Integrity team to get this actioned. Could you please explain why it is that you require this card to be removed?

All the Best,

Bo

Southbooth
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to remove my credit card details due to me closing my store and I do not wish to leave my information in shopify s hands for no reason

So if you can please send me an e mail on how to remove my details 

My email is: karimeldessouki4@hotmail.com

Thankyou in advance

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @Southbooth 

I reached out to you via email on Nov 10th regarding this. Could you please respond to ticket 20649381 so that I can escalate this for you and have those details removed for you? Thank you! 

Bo

doduccuong
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello. I also want to remove my tag from shopify. I don't sell any more. Last month, I was charged without realizing it.

my account: doduccuongvms@gmail.com

Thanks

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @doduccuong 

You will need to close your account as per this guide to prevent future charges. Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

reyder
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there!

Can you tell me please, is it possible to delete just credit card, with out deleting store, I was looking around and accidentally added my credit card. 

And if it's possible, can you please sent me an instruction on this mail : gummysticker@gmail.com

Thanks!

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @reyder 

Thanks for reaching out. As stated throughout this post - your best options are to either replace the credit card on file with the one you do want us to charge or to close your account. Is there a reason you would like the card removed totally if you are keeping the account open? 

All the Best,

Bo 

doduccuong
Tourist
3 0 1
I will continue my business plan, I don't want to remove the card. thanks

LaurysGlamour
Visitor
3 0 0
Hey, I would like to remove my Shopify monthly payment and close the store for some time, can you please help me ?
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @LaurysGlamour 

You could completely pause your store. To be eligible for the Pause plan, your store needs to be on a paid plan and at least 60 days past the free trial period. If your store doesn't meet these criteria, then you can't pause your store. 

If you are an active merchant, you can use the Pause plan to pause your store completely and step away from it. In this case, your store is paused for up to three months without being charged for your subscription. You can reopen your store any time during the three months. If, after three months, you don't reopen your store, then you are upgraded to the Pause and Build plan, which is $9 USD per month.

While you are on the Pause plan, you can't access your Shopify admin, work on your store, or sell to customers.

Before you start, consider creating a password page to tell your visitors that you'll be back soon. You won't be able to access or edit your password page while your store is paused.

Steps: 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Kesia
Visitor
1 0 0

I closed my store and how can I refund the money?

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Kesia 

You will need to reach out to our support team directly to see about a refund. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

All the Best, 

Bo

LaurysGlamour
Visitor
3 0 0
Thanks, but I am not longer interested
RanaHanan20
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to remove my credit card details due to me closing my store and I do not wish to leave my information in shopify s hands for no reason

So if you can please send me an email on how to remove my details 

My email is: abdurrehman20522@gmail.com

Thankyou in advance

360julian
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you please remove my debit card please

LaurysGlamour
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, I have been trying to remove or replace my credit card payment method, because I got a new card a while ago, so I wonder if I can get a link to sort out that issue as soon as possible which is urgent before I launch my store, I also need some help with removing my shipping and taxes on my Shopify products pages?

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @LaurysGlamour 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. To update your card details on your store please go to Settings > Billing. You can then replace it by clicking the following:

Could you tell me a little more about the taxes and shipping that you want to remove from your product page? Where on the product page are they showing? Could you send me a link to one of your products or send me a screenshot of where they are showing currently? What theme are you using?

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Bo

Lux-barbie-bout
Visitor
1 0 0

Why can’t I just pause my store?

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @Lux-barbie-bout 

To be eligible to pause your store using either Pause or Pause and Build, your store needs to be on a paid plan and at least 60 days past the free trial period. If your store doesn't meet these criteria, then you can't pause your store.

You can pause your store in the following ways:

Forbiddenfashio
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I cancelled my account and yall

still took money from my account I want a refund I haven’t used your website plus it’s aggravating not being able to actually talk to someone.

AshtonShockman5
Visitor
1 0 0

I dont wanna pay for a shopify account anymore. So i want to know how to delete the credit card, or susped the account so i cant be charged for the account. But i am only 3 days into my free trial. 

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @AshtonShockman5 

I am sorry to hear that the trial did not impress you. Do you have any feedback as to why you would not like to continue with Shopify? If you would like to close the account and avoid being charged for a plan please do the following:

Steps: 

To confirm that your store is closed, you can go to your store's URL and see that your store no longer appears.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

THEBoujeeCeo
Visitor
3 0 0

Heyy , i currently have an website with Shopify and a few months back my old bank account that was connected to my website was hacked and before opening my store i didn’t connect my new bank account and i received a payout today and it went to the old bank which is fine. But i was wondering if you guys could look and find out my old banking information so that i’m able to replace it with my new information?  or is there other methods i can take to fix this problem 

THEBoujeeCeo
Visitor
3 0 0

PLEASE HELP !!!!

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @THEBoujeeCeo 

If you need to update your banking details and cannot remember the old ones that you entered, you will need to reach out to our support team directly so that they can escalate this to our Account Integrity team who can disable this feature and allow you to enter new details if you don't know the old ones. These escalations generally take 2-3 business days. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

All the Best,

Bo

THEBoujeeCeo
Visitor
3 0 0

is there a number i can call ? i need help FAST i have payouts i need to collect 

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Live chat is definitely the fastest way to get support. If you go to the link in my previous comment you will be brought to the contact page. If w have the capacity to make callbacks, the option to request a callback will show up there. We do not have a number that can be called. If you do get through to support via phone call, the support advisors will still need to escalate this case to our accounts team and it will take the same 2-3 business days. 

Best of luck,

Bo

garcia-denise
Visitor
1 0 0

I need help with it as well. My shop has been closed since October and its been charging me ever since. I needed the money and now I don't have money at all due to the fact that I'm still getting charged because there was no remove button to get rid of the card. I just want to take off the card and close my shop permanently. Please contact me at my personal email, denisegarcia449@yahoo.com thank you. 

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @garcia-denise 

I am sorry you are in this situation. You will need to contact support directly as outlined in my answer above. 

All the Best,

Bo

Jhay_Reyes
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there, @Bo

I recently closed my store and I want to know if there is a way to remove my CC details on my account?

You can email me @ werunitlifestyle@gmail.com.

easterjoy
Visitor
1 0 0

I was charged $17.10 with Shopify even if I am not using it for more than 4 months now and it has been closed. Please remove my card, I can't even remove it and refund my money. Please email me! eastertecson@gmail.com

Hwstores
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

I can log into my Shopify account but not my store. Yet, my debit account is being debited. This is really getting to bite.

I would like my card removed and the store closed. 

Please help.

Dizisi
Excursionist
35 0 11

Hi, need call to support

suswills21
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Bo,

I would also like to remove all credit card information from my account. I do not use Shopify for regular payments, and I do not want Shopify to retain any of my data. 

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Susanna

Tumbledandfound
Visitor
1 0 0

I have closed my stored and would also like my payment information removed well. I can be reached at tumbledandfound@gmail.com 

Thank you

Jillian

tviixii
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I added a card by mistake and I also want to remove it. Please let me know how

Best regards/Tina

Bilalahmed60
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to remove my credit card details . I m closing my store and I do not wish to leave my information in shopify s hands for no reason

So if you can please send me an e mail on how to remove my details 

My email is:

mbilalahmed60@gmail.com

Regards

jasonavada
Shopify Partner
333 11 42

Hi @sanchita,

Credit card details are your billing information on Shopify. As we may know, these are very important and sensitive, So important that you had better keep it secured carefully enough. Currently, on the Shopify platform, you are only allowed to pay for your expenses with a valid credit card from Mastercard, Visa, or American Express. Debit cards are not available for now. One more thing you have to know is that your credit cards must allow Recurring Payments service to be functional with Shopify.

If you are based in the United States and have a USD bank account that accepts Automated Clearing House (ACH) debits, you can verify your account to use as your functional payment method. To be sure, you should check with your bank to see if your account accepts ACH debits.

In case there are some changes with your credit card details, you have to make sure that you would update those on Shopify. In this article, we will find out how to change your credit card details on the Shopify platform.

Hope this helps!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.

uzainera
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to remove my credit card due to some reason and I donot to leave my information . So If you can send me an email : uzainera@gmail.com  on how to remove my credit card.