Solved

How to set up BOGO with a collection and the lower priced item will be the free

ROMA1989
Excursionist
13 1 2

I want to setup a BOGO promo for a collection but the higher priced item will be the one to be paid.

ex: customer adds to cart item (A) = $10, then chooses another item (B) = $20. the result should be total amount to be paid only is $20, instead of only $10.

for the built in BOGO of shopify, due to item B is added to cart after item A, item b becomes the free one.

I want to be able to set the higher priced item to be the one charged even if it is added to cart last.

is this possible?

Thank you for answers

Accepted Solution (1)
ROMA1989
Excursionist
13 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, here's a screenshot of the test I made and the settings. Let me know how you did it so that the cheaper one is free.
CheckoutCheckoutBOGO setup1BOGO setup1BOGO setup2BOGO setup2

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

shansalam
Shopify Partner
54 4 11

I just tried setting it up and did the scenario you mentioned. As per default shopify BOGO setup gives the lowest-priced item itself for free regardless of which product is added first. I suggest you to check again. 

Shan | www.linkedin.com/in/shansalam

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
You can also contact me on shansalam@gmail.com for any queries
ROMA1989
Excursionist
13 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, here's a screenshot of the test I made and the settings. Let me know how you did it so that the cheaper one is free.
CheckoutCheckoutBOGO setup1BOGO setup1BOGO setup2BOGO setup2

ROMA1989
Excursionist
13 1 2

Also, just a follow up. what happens when a customer chooses 6 items or more in the BOGO collection? will shopify have any problems with that?

JohMigullas
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I have the same question. Has anyone gotten any luck yet?