I have been online for a month now and not had a single sale.

Honeyyoni
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

i can see a lot of traffic coming into my store but with not even a single conversion. how to get first sale. this is an indian website.

Replies 8 (8)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi, 

You need to work on your website performance’s speed. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed we need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minified.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/ 

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
Honeyyoni
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi ,

I have tried all the above and still there was no change in store speed.
really do not know what to do

Warm regards
Jyoti
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Share your store Url?

read this article : 

https://www.oscprofessionals.com/conversion-rate-optimization-services/ 

/https://www.oscprofessionals.com/blog/methods-to-increase-conversion-rate-on-shopify/ 

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
Honeyyoni
Tourist
5 0 1
Honeyyoni.com
Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @Honeyyoni 

Thank you for sharing your store here and reaching out for help with your conversions. You have an interesting product that is definitely catered to a specific niche/demographic of people. I'd love to know more about your marketing plan and how you have been advertising your business so far?

Because your product is very niche it will take a bit of time for your analytics and smart advertising campaigns to be able to get the right targeting down. I would recommend considering an email signup prompt and start sending email campaigns to encourage customers to purchase your products. Instead of offering the products at a discounted price right away, instead have an email signup that comes up telling them that if they sign up they can receive a 10% discount code. An app like OMNISEND (free for 15,000 emails a month) is a great option for this and can automate the entire process!  

You also want to consider the story of the product you are selling. Your store doesn't have a lot of urgency or push to buy. I would recommend considering your sales copy for your store and maybe reviewing some blogs and articles like THIS ONE to spruce up your sales pitch.  

I also noticed that your store did not come up in Google until I searched it as the full URL. The key words Honey Yoni brought up a range of other stores though. I would look at improving your SEO on your site and make sure that you have submitted your sitemap to Google for indexing. 

I hope this information helps! 

-Shay

I would 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Honeyyoni
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Shay,

Thank you for taking time out to explain in detail for my concerns. really appreciate it. Yes this product is interesting and a lot of time and money investment has gone into it. We are currently targetting female market aged 18-40 who will use this product of ours. the product itself is 100% natural and edible. there are 2 things that this product addresses female intimate care /hygiene and this being edible is also a great product to experience it with your partner. since we are currently based in India we have a lot of documentation and policies to adhere to so the first limitation is we cannot advertise this as edible and cannot mention or hint sexual connotations. so we are promoting it as 100% natural and intimate hygiene products. Further, i cannot mention the word **bleep** or any such verbiage for my advertising in India as my ads got rejected by Facebook and Google both for using these words. We have currently run a few ads on facebook/Instagram and Google both which has gotten us traction and regular traffic, we have also got returning visitors.

Yes the smart analytics is still figuring out the right customers for us. During ads keyword suggestions are also not avaiable to us and we have to get creative with it.

I had email signup prompt but did not get a single subscriber so changed it to a regular tab below.

Discounted price - Noted on your suggestion and will do accordingly.

Push to buy - i understand what you are saying about creating urgency but "how" is still a question. i read through "THIS ONE" and will read it again to get the answer on 'how' to do it. if you have any suggestions / ideas please fell free to suggest. your help will be greatly appreciated.

SEO - i will check on SEO - i tried to modify it however, this has been a challange for me to get my site to pop up without full URL.

Sitemap indexing - i think i have done this but i dont know how to check it again?

let me know if we can connect to understand more on how to proceed here.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @Honeyyoni 

Thank you for following up with me and sharing that extra information about the requirements and legalities your country imposes on these products. I can appreciate how difficult it could be to market a product when some of the key words aren't eligible to be used!

I would recommend looking up some other brands that market items for private areas on the body and how they refer to the products and areas it can be used on without saying it outright. It might help you with creating an effective brand/image for your product. I would also look at some competitive websites that sell similar products to see how they create urgency or a push to buy. You don't want to copy them, but you can definitely use them for inspiration!

You can take a look at our Help Center to learn more about submitting your sitemap to Google and you can repeat these steps if you believe you have done it in the past. 

Finding and submitting your sitemap to Google 

For your SEO, I would recommend including your store URL in your alt text for all your images. So instead of it being just the product name it is "Honeyyoni.com Product Name Here". 

Don't hesitate to reach out on our other community channels for SEO to ask for extra guidance on this. 

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Honeyyoni
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Shay,

Thank you for your quick response

Other brands which i have seen are direct sextoy shops like lovetreats on instagram and they are using all the possible terminology. so it really beats me on how they are able to manage. have reached out to facebook team to understand what is the way around it. would appreciate if i can get some more insight and sites which are out there for inspiration.

I have added sitemap to my primary domain - had checked google console and the primary domain wasnt verified. now i have 2 properties on google one of primary domain and the second the website URL hope fully this is not mess up my data or have any complications.

SEO - thank you and did this as per your suggestion given below. will definately reach out and do some more research in this area.

Store speed - my store speed is really low - i have done a lighthouse search to see what is the issue but unfortunately all the codes are like alien language to me so really dont know how to improve my store speed.

Regards

Jyoti