Instagram only shows 7 products out of a Facebook catalogue of 234

ceylonstudios
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

I have set up the Facebook and Instagram sales channels. Facebook shows all products from the shop, but when I connect from Instagram to the Facebook catalogue, it only shows 7 products.

I have checked the availability-instagram field in the Facebook channel and all collections are set to be available on Instagram.

I have checked the catalogue on Facebook and it displays all products and no issues.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Mikki

Replies 18 (18)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @ceylonstudios!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

When you work with a Facebook partner such as Shopify, then your catalogue should be automatically set up. However, sometimes we see the Facebook catalogue isn't syncing with the Instagram one correctly, this is not something we can fix from our end as we wouldn't have the access. I did find this guide in the Facebook help centre that has helped a few others get this issue sorted. You can manually add the products to your Instagram catalogue if they are not appearing and then you will be able to tag them in your Instagram posts. They also have a 'troubleshoot catalogue' page in the help centre here too that may help. 

I hope this helps you out but please let me know if you need anything else. Separate to your query, I just wanted to say that we're always here to chat with you about how things work on Shopify or any technical aspects you might need assistance with — but you can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I've likely at least seen others touch on before and will be glad to help you too! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

PostElm
Visitor
1 0 4

The same thing is happening to us...7 product out of 100.  Support is clueless regarding the issue and only keep telling me that upper support is working on it.  For almost 3 weeks now, we have not been able to tag in Instagram.  This is quickly turning into a joke platform for eCommerce.  The incompetence is astounding.

We keep getting the "We understand" line of BS.  If you "Understood" that 98% of our traffic to our site is being driven by sales on IG, then you'd fix this travesty of a service!  So annoying.

JoshPowell
Visitor
1 0 1
If you read the above post you’d see that the problem is with Facebook and Instagram not Shopify. You’re kicking off at the wrong people.
halehmahbod
Excursionist
25 0 10

Hi, 

I am so frustrated. I know this is not a shopify issue but someone from shopify please help find the right contact in instagram/facebook to fix this issue? 

My problem is even worse. My deleted products still show in instagram in addition to not all the products syncing. 

I go to help in instagram/setting and try to file a report but it doesn't take it. 

Please help.

Thanks, 
Haleh

ali_freebird
Visitor
1 0 3

Hi Haleh,

Did you figure out how to resolve your issue? We're experiencing the same thing and still do not have a solve. 

Thanks, 

Ali

halehmahbod
Excursionist
25 0 10
Hi,
I have tried many things and nothing works. I even removed my Instagram
from Shopify. It doesn't delete the incorrect shop from Instagram. I sent
multiple messages to Instagram support as well. They didn't respond.

I would appreciate help to resolve it.
Haleh
mbunchies
Visitor
1 0 1

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?? Having the same issues where it's not adding my new products or taking out old ones..

alexanderVDS
Visitor
1 0 0

Yep, same problem where incorrect products appear on instagram and dissapeared from facebook, very frustrating.

Anyone found a solution?

VascoCabral
Visitor
1 0 1

I am having the same issue. All of my products are available on facebook but only a few on instagram, but what's funny is that a product I deactivated is available on instagram. I will try to manually input products but I have so many variants it going to take ages (if it works). On the facebook catalogue it claims there is missing or incorrect data but the product that are available are identical besides color/size options which I have clearly stated. Im looking at similar comments from last year on this thread which is concerning because it makes me feel as if they will never fix this issue. 

halehmahbod
Excursionist
25 0 10
My old products that removed from my store still show up on instagram. I
cannot find a solution. I'd love to hear if you do.

The only products that show up in instagram shop are the ones I manually
tagged in the past few months. Even that seems to be random.

foxeysilks
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I am running into the same issue with my Instagram shop where, seemingly at random, only certain products are tagged even though all the products from my Shopify store are linked and have been approved.

Wondering if you were able to figure this out via FB/IG.

I feel your pain!

azhiaziam
Visitor
1 0 3

I was having this same issue.  What's working for me right now is to remove the products from Facebook sales channel and then re-enable them.  It seems to jog the system and causes them to be resubmitted successfully.  It takes a few minutes for them to show up in Facebook Commerce Manager, and then some time for FB to "review" them.  It's worked so far!  I used Bulk Edit.  

halehmahbod
Excursionist
25 0 10
##- Please type your reply above this line That's good! I'll give it a try.
Thanks for sharing.
efremb
Visitor
1 0 0

Correct, everytime we add something new, we have to completely remove old file and upload new one. The three way communication is awful in this application. Needs to shake hands properly. hopefully sometime this year!

BPH
Visitor
1 0 4

I have worked it out! You need to go onto your Instagram Profile, select 'View Shop', then go to the top right three lines, select 'Manage products', and then 'Add Product'. You will then be given the option of what products you wish to add. The products that you have added to Facebook / Instagram shopping manually, via Shopify, should all then be showing on this option.

This took me ages to work out, I was focusing on Shopify rather than Instagram. Really hope this helps people.

annabelo
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes! This worked for me. Thank you so much! 

Sjmjune
Tourist
4 0 1

my goodness you saved me countless more hours of trying to figure this out. Thanks for posting!

FoxyObsessions
Visitor
3 0 0

I figured it out after 3 days of troubleshooting and alot of research. So this is what fixed my issue with only half of my products showing in my Instagram shop, but all visible in my Facebook shop. The reason why only half are visible is because the ones that are visible are selected in the closet accurate category it belongs in and the others are not. You need to be quite specific. So you have to go to your Shopify admin or app and select products. Then select the product that is not showing, click see details then product organization if on app. If on admin, you should be able to just select product organization. Then, under “Type” select which is closest to your category. For clothes, there’s apparel & accessories, but you need to be more specific. There is jumpsuits, dresses..etc. It must accept your category and not give you the “add” option. You want to select one of the given categories. Like for a necklace, I selected necklace and for dresses, dresses..& so on. If it doesn’t pop up, you can search it and then it will. After you select it, It might give you a little pencil icon. That is good, if it doesn’t, that’s ok as long as it was one of the options and you didn’t create a new category. So after you select the closet category, hit save. Then go back to your Instagram Shop and they will be visible if it was just hidden. You might have to refresh or wait 30 minutes like it says, but mine updated right away. I did that for each item that wasn’t visible and it worked! They are all on & taggable now in my Shop! It felt so good seeing them visible. Hope this works for anyone else having this issue.