Is this a legitimate email from Shopify?

Solved
HotHeadstalls
1 0 0

I’ve at some times received scammy emails  fake emails trying to be Shopify’. But I’m not sure is this one is legitimate. Any help or recommendations? I can’t have my store shut down. It’s the sole income for my husband and I.

email is from 

risk-management@shopify.com

01A563F9-58B7-45DB-974E-6F2906113EFA.png

Replies 48 (48)
Jaime_Chamberla
Tourist
4 0 2

Shay, thanks for responding. To clarify, I've read the message several times and it seems related to the Shopify platform broadly, not just Shopify Payments. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
589 93 115

@Jaime_Chamberla - As each situation and store is unique and I don't have direct access to the email you received, I am not able to confirm that for you. I would recommend replying back to the email and ask if that is the case for your store at this time. 

You can also reach out to our live support and they may be able to review the ticket and the communication you received and help you translate what it could impact on your store. Please note that some communications on topics like this are handled by a separate team, meaning that our front line support won't be able to review the ticket or the message within. 

If you have any questions about the content of your communications with our escalated teams please don't hesitate to reply back and ask for additional clarification.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EnquiringMind
Tourist
7 0 2

I got this email this morning also.  I have got to say I am not comfortable clinking any link on that email. It looks like a total phishing email to me.  When this is addressable through my Shopify sellers console I will be comfortable responding to this request.  

daniel_long
Excursionist
48 0 13

Don't wait for it to happen any time soon. They can shut you down. I went through a lengthy process to confirm it and it's legitimate. 

daniel_long
Excursionist
48 0 13

Wow, Shopify confirmed my ticket ID through chat and it's alphanumeric with dashes. 

EnquiringMind
Tourist
7 0 2

You click the link and the first thing it asks to fill in all your information.  If it is legit it is pretty absurd for us to trust an email that looks exactly like a phishing email then the first step is to enter all your personal information. 

I'm shocked the others on this thread were comfortable doing just that. 

daniel_long
Excursionist
48 0 13

I agree. It is unprofessional of them and absurd. I spent a lot of my own time making sure it was legit before completing the form. As you said, it should be from within the Shopify admin where other important notices and action requests are posted.

Smorris88
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @keoholo 

Was any further action taken once you removed your products? Any further details you can provide on this after checking the last box would be appreciated! 

Smorris88
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @LoriJean67 

Was any further action taken once you removed your products? Any further details you can provide on this after checking the last box would be appreciated! Thanks 

Jaime_Chamberla
Tourist
4 0 2

No further action at this time, but also no idea how long it takes them to process through such things.