Is this discussion board just for Shopify to gauge customer opinions?

Billymars
7 0 0

Does anyone else realize this discussion board is a bunch of useless garbage Shopify uses to see the general consensus of what their customers think of them?

This is not a solution board, in my case they protect afraudulent scammer over their own customer(me, the seller) and they care nothing about the people who pay their monthly bills and percentages for sales.

They will claw back money from you, but WILL NOT do it for you even when their system makes a mistake...

Replies 4 (4)

Shannon15
Excursionist
25 0 13

Hi. I've been a Shopify customer for over 10 years now. It's really a great platform and I've been able to scale up using Shopify with no problems. 

I feel your frustration though! I think this message board has mostly been a waste of time as well. Lots of people ask questions that are answered in Shopify documentation. And other more complicated questions often have no resolution. 

Do you or anyone else reading this know of any other shopify user communities that might be a good alternative?  

I've been on some FB groups that were pretty good. This was a good one but it closed last month and has moved over to Slack. But I think you can still search it for answers. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/shopifyentrepreneurs

And this one from Kurt Elster has been helpful at times too:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/UnofficialShopifyPodcast

Hope this helps.

Billymars
7 0 0

The situation I am in is a pretty rare one I'm sure...

I have spent as much as 3 hours on the phone to get a solution. That time however has allowed me to figure out in the deepest way that Shopify was wrong and after taking money from my account (almost$600) they lost the first withdrawal and keep charging me every 3 days that same amount.

My bank looked the issue over and put a stop pay on shopify for me for free because they're positive Shopify should have never taken the first 600...

This is a long long story that everyone at Shopify who touches it screws it up.

I started the store to help with bills as my daughter fought Leukemia since 2013 not realizing how much time and social media it takes. As it was a nightmare for me I closed my store and it started all of these Shopify mistakes that continue to kill me...

I hope your store continues to do well and I wish you the best of luck in the future...

tombuler
Visitor
2 0 0

It's disappointing when a platform prioritizes profits over customer support. In this case, Shopify's discussion board seems more like a feedback loop. Efficient garbage collection is needed for a healthier digital environment.

tombuler
Visitor
2 0 0

ok ok ok ok