Solved

It looks like you don't have access to this store. Contact the store administrator for access.

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

I was in the shop adding product. It crashed (or just logged me out) and then I couldnt' get back in.  I am the administrator.  I tried deleting my browser history and that didn't help.  What do I do?

Accepted Solution (1)

erodingwinds
Visitor
2 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Getting this a lot as I manage 2 separate shopify stores. Try loading it in a different web browser, seems to work here. 

View solution in original post

Replies 30 (30)

erodingwinds
Visitor
2 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Getting this a lot as I manage 2 separate shopify stores. Try loading it in a different web browser, seems to work here. 

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

I did and it did work, but it's not my browser of choice.  However, I was able to log in without issue this morning.   (I also manage 2 different stores)

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

Ok, so now they're not allowing me to access the other one.  Is this an issue with chrome or with shopify?  All of a sudden you can't have access to both accounts?

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

@erodingwinds OK so I think I found the culprit    This only started happening since I installed a chrome extension to "block yourself from analytics"  I just shut that off and wala I have access to both accounts. So somehow this extension is interfering with the shopify login.  Back to the old filter me out on analytics method I guess.   So.... if you also have this extension installed, it might be the issue.

ronwainbuch
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I am having the same issue, but my only extension is oberlo. Does anyone know how can I solve this problem? I cant access my account.

Goodmother
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also having this problem. I manage two shops and can only log in to one of them. I do not have any of the extensions mentioned and do not use other browsers. This started occurring this morning, about 30 mins ago. It was all fine last night.

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

OK so maybe I didn't find the culprit then.  So maybe then, it's an issue with shopify/chrome   is everyone having this issue on chrome and is it working fine on other browsers? (being able to sign into both)

erodingwinds
Visitor
2 1 2

I am using Chrome, yes. I log into 1 store in Chrome and the other in Firefox, just been operating that way for weeks. Haven't tried logging into both in Firefox to see if that works. Just doing 1 in each and dealing with it. 

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

If you can, try both on firefox (for a few days) to see what happens.  If we can all test to figure it out and then report back to shopify support we may get it fixed sooner than later.  The more info we can give them, the better, (in my opinion)

Brad29
4 0 0

Can anyone @Shopify address this? We have two stores and now we can't log in to both at the same time on the same browser. Which is critical for our workflow. We've tried deleting all cookies/cache, doesnt work. I don't want to use separate browsers for each store. 

BeFearless
Visitor
1 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.51.55 AM.pngI received this message with one of our stores and sure enough our customer data and contacts were stolen and my customers were sent messages that I never sent spoofing my email. I have had to get the cops involved, and don't feel this is at all an extension thing but rather I think someone is getting into Shopify accounts and obtaining emails. See attached.

LINDA_SWANIGAN
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

same thing just happened to me, it's so hard to contact support

Bikes-Angel
Explorer
65 1 23

You have to clear all your browser cache  that's the best way to clear it.   

Brad29
4 0 0
Clearing cache and cookies is not the problem. Sure would be great if someone at Shopify would acknowledge this is an issue and address it. We should be able to log into more than one store in the same browser.
Bikes-Angel
Explorer
65 1 23

If you're able to log into your secondary store from a different browser, then cache is the problem (most likely)  you have to clear cache (not history)   but, you can contact shopify tech support via live chat.   Google shopify support live chat.  It takes a little fiddling and a few steps to get there as it's nicely hidden but  you can find it.  When I had the issue they helped me right away (but I had to clear cache......)  So try that first prior to contacting them. 

ShopGuy80
Tourist
4 0 1

The best fix I've found (if you want to keep using the same browser) is to clear cookies/cache/site data for all time in your browser settings. This will remove any session information and allow you to login again.

The bug seems to be that when an account can't be logged in for some reason Shopify won't redirect to a login page to allow a user to try again or login with a different account.

Pimental
Visitor
2 0 0

I have two websites, and today when I was adding more products and making advertisements for my newest one, the website glitched. Now it won't let me sign in and the message 

It looks like you don't have access to this store. Contact the store administrator for access.

appears. I have tried logging in on different browsers and even different computers, and the same message appears. I looked up my email to see what websites were linked to my email and my fitness website is no longer even linked to my email. So how do I get back into my website, and/or change the email?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

LoganJ12
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m on phone and it’s saying I have to speak to the administrator to add to home Page can anyone help?

Comcute
Visitor
1 0 0

I met the same problem since yeaterday.Had you solved it already?

TAGSAngel
Trailblazer
148 1 88

I thought I solved it by shutting off a chrome extension, but as I was made to understand that it was shopify itself with certain accounts.  Hopefully yours is OK now.

TC33
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there!

I'm having this issue today. Unable to access...please contact admin... Is there a fix to the issue yet?? I've tried several times to log in and its the same message. I'm not using Chrome by the way. 

mcpearson7
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm having this same issue.  I manage multiple stores as well.  Although they work in Safari (Mac), all apps don't work in Safari which is the reason I use Edge with Shopify.  Shopify needs to look into this.  This thread is not "solved".  

mcpearson7
Tourist
3 0 1

I cleared ALL browsing history, cookies and anything that Edge let me.  All of a sudden I was able to log back in.

TC33
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks. I did this and it worked. Its strange and very scary though. Hopefully Shopify will get it fixed soon. 

The_Collaborati
Visitor
1 0 0

My 2 employees can't access this store and a few others at their remote locations on either Chrome or Firefox browsers. They have cleared all cookies. Nothing works. Help!

mcpearson7
Tourist
3 0 1

Have everyone clear ALL browsing history and cookies.  This fixed the issue for us.

damegoart
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I just had the same problem last night and found a solution for Safari users.

Go into Safari Preferences>Privacy>Manage Website Data...> then type "Shopify" on the search bar and delete all the Shopify data that will appear. Then just head back into Shopify and log back in with no problems 🙂 

Hope this helps! It did for me.

alexazarik00
Visitor
1 0 1

hello I have same error. How can solve it? please help me.

I tried to google chrome, firefox and windows10 and ubuntu too

But It wasn't solved. 

christopher_e
Visitor
1 0 0

Very annoying. I had to log out of like all Shopify domains I could find, delete all cookies and *eventually* I got past this error. TBH I'm not sure exactly what the fix was ... perhaps how it brought me me to the brink of jumping out the window? 

codingwithadi
Visitor
1 0 0

I got a great answer, basically you dont need another browser, just clear your cookies by opening the developer tools, head to application tap and delete the cookie for the Shopify store, and if your working on a Polaris app, then login to the store again