How can I automatically generate legal policies for my first store?

BlouseMeneer
Visitor
3 0 0

So I am setting up my first store and the dropshipping 101 course shows a feature where all policies are automatically generated. This feature is not available for me and the shopify policy generator just redirects me to my store page. Is there a place whether I can generate my policies? Thanks in advance, this may save me a lot of work!

regards,

Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

Hey, @BlouseMeneer!

Is your checkout language set to a different language other than English? If so, that's the reason why you aren't seeing the Generate Sample Policy or Replace with template button in the Settings > Legal area of your admin. The policies are currently generated in English, however, we are working on having policies that are translated to other languages.

Did you try to use this policy generator? This generator sends you the policies via email and shouldn't redirect you to your store. You can give this a try if you haven't yet and follow the steps below to generate the policies.

1. Open the policy generator.
  2. When you get to the page, check I'll skip the Shopify trial for now, just create my policy since you already have a store. 

alt

3. You'll then be given the option to fill in your store details. Enter the information and click Send my privacy policy. 

alt

4. You can click the links to the other policies on the same page and repeat steps 1-3 to generate them. 

alt

I'm glad to know you're adding legal policies to your store. They are very important to have as they can protect your store from complaints that can affect your business. In addition to these, I recommend adding a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page so customers and visitors can easily access the information they need to be aware of. Not everyone takes delight in reading big chunks of text in policies, so explaining your terms briefly in bullet points or through a question-and-answer format will help a lot of customers process and accept the information better. You can refer to this blog post on how to create a FAQ page and what to add to it.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog