Why am I constantly logged out of my Shopify dashboard?

oliver_vard
Tourist
7 0 1

I keep getting this come up when im on my dash, ive tried everything but it keeps happening. has anyone else encountered this?

Shopify support havnt been able to help at all really.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-10 at 5.36.29 AM.jpeg

Replies 14 (14)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @oliver_vard.

Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community and sharing your question here.

Based on the screenshot you've shared, this does not look to be the Shopify admin or the account login page. Could you try logging into your store via our Shopify accounts page using your login credentials? When logged into your Shopify admin, you should not encounter the Sign in page you're seeing within the screenshot you shared. 

I also recommend going through the following troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Let us know if the above link and troubleshooting steps have helped you log in/log out.

I'd also love to hear more about your business and what you're currently working on. Feel free to share your store URL in the thread so we can provide tailored feedback for you.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SH1021
Tourist
8 0 2

Happening to us too. Lucky if we can even add one product without a logout issue. Cleared caching, done the usual stuff. Happening on multiple devices, browsers, etc. And now, sales notifications no longer come through. We are starting to be very concerned about the stability of this platform

DexterRB
Not applicable
2 0 2

Starting to feel the same way about this platform. More problems than ever ebfore with almost no support to help.

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @SH1021 and @DexterRB.

Thank you for posting to the Shopify Community.

@SH1021, I understand you're having logout issues despite trying the troubleshooting steps listed above. You also mentioned that you're no longer receiving sales notifications. Could you try the steps below to see if this resolves the issue.

• In the admin, go to Settings > Notifications
  • Scroll down to the Staff order notifications section
  • Click the trash icon to delete any recipients that are not receiving notifications as expected. 
  • Click the Add recipient button and re-add the same email address
  • Click Save changes.

With regard to having logging out issues, please reach out to our internal team through the Shopify Help Center, so we can troubleshoot effectively. 

@DexterRB Please feel free to share any questions or issues you're experiencing on your end. I'll be happy to take a look!

Victoria | Shopify 

SH1021
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi, the issue wasn't related to emails. It was related to app notifications. It has been resolved. Nothing to do with the device, it was app related.

The core issue (being constantly logged out on laptops) has NOT been resolved. I have contacted Shopify help twice before, nothing has been done. I get the 'your business is importance to us' stock standard messages, a promise someone will come back to us -- then tickets are closed without communication with us.

It's a real issue! Happens on multiple laptops, multiple browsers, caches have been cleared. Sometimes we are lucky if we can do 1 minute's work before being logged out. No matter how much we stress how poor the platform is with this issue (it's pretty much non functioning from a product management perspective), the impact, and that it's affecting many - as this thread shows  .. nothing is done. 

SH1021
Tourist
8 0 2

We tried the support chat. It was really obvious the support person did not have experience or understand the platform. We could tell they were reading off a queue card process flow. Which is fine. But they were dismissing what we were saying and not able to help as they had so little knowledge.

Our stock volumes are down by around 40% now as we can't load stock quickly and have to recheck accuracy as we are logged out and it loses updates. Our products are all unique, so we need to maintain inventory daily, which we can't now. Shopify is becoming a platform we play ample for - and yet it is now undermining our business.

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Thank you for your replies, @SH1021 and @LBB67.

@SH1021 I'm sorry to hear you did not have an ideal experience communicating with Support. Are you able to share what Support advised when you reached out? Have you tried following up on your ticket ID for further clarification?

In regard to being logged out consistently, I've spoken with our dev team regarding this issue. It looks as though our developers are still actively investigating to determine the root problem. Once I receive correspondence from my team, I will follow up with you all in this thread.

Victoria | Shopify 

LBB67
Excursionist
18 0 8

Same here it used to log me out once and a while but now I can't work for more than 30 minutes and it kicks me out.

When adding products into my system, if I'm not quick enough to save it,  it logs me out and I lose everything and have to start over.

Is this what we pay premium for? To be kicked out every 30 minutes. Lift your game Shopify!!!

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @LBB67.

Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Could you share information on the following to help our team gather context:

• What browser are you using?
  • Have you tried using a different browser or clearing your cache and cookies? 
  • Can you replicate this issue using the Shopify Mobile app?
  • Have you already contacted our Support through the Help Center regarding the issue? 

Victoria | Shopify 

LBB67
Excursionist
18 0 8

Hi Victoria thank you for the quick reply.

What browser are you using?

I am using Chrome & Firefox

Have you tried using a different browser or clearing your cache and cookies? 

Yes everytime but with no change.

Can you replicate this issue using the Shopify Mobile app?

I haven't tried as I only work out of a PC

Have you already contacted our Support through the Help Center regarding the issue? 

No as there are many complaints already regading this issue I thought you didn't need to hear it again from me.

*Please if you could give me and everyone else with a fix as this is frustrating. Especially when I am adding product and if I don't save it fast enough I lose all my work because I am logged out and have to start over.

Thank you for your time.

LBB67
Excursionist
18 0 8

Hi Shopify,

Hopefully, you might have fixed this error.

I haven't been logged out once today which looks reassuring I hope it lasts.

Will keep you guys posted.

SH1021
Tourist
8 0 2

How is everyone else going with this issue? For us, it continues. So over it. We keep raising tickets, get the "you are important to us and thank you for your patience" blah blah messages .. then nothing .. and a day later they close the tickets! So sick of it.

SH1021
Tourist
8 0 2

For us, occasionally we get 20 minutes where we can work without being logged out. Mostly though, it's one or two minutes. All our products are unique, so it's quite impossible to maintain stock when we keep getting booted out when adding products.

LBB67
Excursionist
18 0 8

I had an ok week only got logged out twice for the whole week. It beats being logged out every 20 minutes. Hopefully things have stabilised, I will keep you all posted. Good luck I hope things have improved for everyone else with this problem.