LoL No support, and support page missing

SweetCrocodile
7 0 0

My support experience today:

1) Not allowed to talk to a real person

2) The support pages I need are 404 missing LoL

SweetCrocodile_0-1634942977435.png

3) Cannot even upload a screenshot so I have to use my own Amazing S3 and take time to set that up just to ask the community a question

4) Like really, what's going on? For a company traded on the New York Stock Exchange, this is not acceptable.

SweetCrocodile_1-1634942977208.png

Replies 4 (4)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @SweetCrocodile 

Sorry to hear you've been having difficulties with our Help Center documents, contacting our Support team and uploading screenshots to the Community. I'd be happy to help here. 

First off, I can see from your screenshot that you were looking for our Pausing or closing your store help document - this link will work for you! Are there any questions I can help answer?

I noticed in your screenshot that the URL looks like it has a duplicated section in it, which is likely why the URL wasn't working. Can I ask where you were directed from that led to this error in the URL? I'd like to see if I can get that link resolved as soon as possible, and appreciate you bring it to our attention. Here's a screenshot from your URL to explain what I mean:

22-31-14723-93123

The page URL should look like this: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/pause-close-store 

Aside from this page, were there any others that you were experiencing errors with? I'd be happy to look into that right away if you could please share any further details. 

As for speaking with a human, I can explain how you can always reach our Support team in the future. To reach out to our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "pause my store" then scroll down to find the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request. Just so you know, live chat and email support are available 24/7. Callback availability will depend on our current queue time, if the wait time is too long, callbacks won't be available, but as mentioned, live chat is always an option! 

Lastly, for the screenshots, thanks for changing the file type so you could upload screenshots here today. As you noticed, png file types are not accepted in the Community. I'd be happy to share this feedback with our team for the future.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SweetCrocodile
7 0 0

The dead link steps to recreate:

1) Go to help.shopify.com

2) Type "cancel" in the search bar

3) Click the link that comes up "How to pause or cancel..."

But I see it's been fixed now. Obviously, your staff-member mistyped the link when they were originally working on it.

SweetCrocodile
7 0 0

Pause does not come up as an option for me, but I am fairly certain I am beyond 60 days after trial, it's been months actually. I had a lot of questions, so I will try reaching the chat using your directions. Thanks.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for the reply, and for walking me through the steps. Glad to hear that the link has been updated already. I am sorry for inconvenience this caused you when trying to find out how to pause your store. 

Please let me know if you're still unable to contact our Support team through the steps I listed, I'd be happy to help further. Screenshots of the page you are seeing are really helpful for troubleshooting if you're still having issues. 

Thanks again for sharing your feedback here, it's appreciated! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.