FROM CACHE - en_header

Making a questionnaire to find customer preferences (pre-checkout)

royahrad
2 0 0

Hello,

We are trying to figure out a way to add a survey/questionnaire to pre-checkout. This is required since we are offering a subscription and we need to understand customer's preferences. We would also like for the questions and answers to be accessible in the user's profile so that they can change their style preferences if needed.

We would need the ability to add images to a multi/single select question. Also, we want to include a scale bar to rank the intensity of each condition. The questions we are looking to display are:

• Which describes your condition? (3 options that include images)
  • Rank your condition from 1 -10 (include scale bar)
  • Anything else we need to know? (free textbox to type)

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Replies 3 (3)
SarahAtCarro
Shopify Partner
130 9 21

Hi, 

First, you'll need to add custom fields to your customer information. This tutorial should explain how to do this: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/forms/get-more-information-with-customer-registrati...

This article may also help: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/forms/get-more-information-with-customer-registrati...

From there, you should be able to use a customer forms app to get the information you need pre-checkout. There are several apps that do that, but you'll need a web developer to help you customize the form to include a scale bar. 

Good luck!

surfaceesthetic
2 0 0

@SarahAtCarro  Hi Sarah ... I have a similar question.. I have created a survey using the quizly app for my client for her site . We are creating a subscription beauty box that requires customers to complete a skin therapy survey before we can identify the right products for their skin. Do you know how to do this/require them to complete the survey before checking out? Essentially their product choice is 1. to choose a one-time box or 2. to choose an annual membership, but everything in the box WE choose for them based on the survey so I need to create some sort of barrier that prevents them from checkout until survey is completed. 

i have created coding for a custom button that appears all throughout the site that links to the survey but i need to make sure the clients complete the survey before they checkout so my client knows what products they need for their box.. 

is there any sort of code i need to apply for this to happen? is it even possible?

thank you so much for your help

SarahAtCarro
Shopify Partner
130 9 21

In your case, they shouldn't be able to add the product to their cart without completing the survey. My best solution without knowing anything further is that you should tie your survey answers to variants. In other words, they select their answers to the questions as if they are selecting a size, color, and quantity. From there, your variants should be tied to the specific product SKUs. That way, their survey answers are tied to the variant they receive and they won't slip through the cracks.