Can Shopify manage inventory without specifying sizes?

Brokeboy
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I am launching a new hoodie on my store. I would like to limit the quantity of that product to 50 however I do no want to put an exact number for sizes such as S, M, L, etc. I would like for my customers to have the to ability to choose whatever size they need but once the 50 hoodies have been bought I would like for that item to appear sold out. The idea behind this is that I am ordering the hoodies after the customers order so I order the correct sizes of hoodie without overflow. Is there anyway to achieve this? As of right now when I don’t add in product sizes, the sizes do not appear at all.

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @Brokeboy!

This is definitely something that is possible to do but it would be through the means of an app and not native to Shopify.

There is an app that springs to mind straight away called Order Limits (MinMaxify) and you can find it here:

There are a couple of other apps in the Shopify App Store with this function as their primary feature and you can see them below:

I know it might not be ideal, but this is currently the closest workaround for this feature. I will also submit this as a feature request for our development team on your behalf as we do consider your suggestions when we release updates on our platform. Updates will be published on our Shopify Changelog page:

I don't know if you have anything planned for BFCM this year, but now is the time to make some preparations! BFCM is a great time to work on a marketing strategy to convert more sales for your store. But one thing to keep in mind is that this can also be an opportunity for you to get some new customers that you can retain through the increase of traffic that comes to your store. 10 Things That Retain Customers is a great resource that will give you actionable steps that you can work on to ensure that you do everything that you can to retain the new customers that you make in this time - therefore all your hard work planning your marketing strategy can continue to benefit you down the line.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog