Merge Customers

landerson
1 0 15

We have been asking for the ability to merge duplicate customers (usually for email typos) for over 5 years. It does not make any sense that the software folks could not have accomplished this by now. 

AndryeaNatkin
1 0 10

It's so frustrating to not be able to merge customer data into one account when they are in fact the same customer. Not only do customers use multiple email addresses but they go by various names, ie. mary vs margaret or sue vs susan.

Having the ability to merge these variations into one account would be so beneficial in so many ways.

It's the 21 century... PLEASE HELP.

CrosspoolAle
2 0 14

We also require this feature. It occurs most often when an order is made and the customer has used their email address online, then purchase again with their phone number. We run customers giveaways and competitions which rely on a certain number/certain of customer purchases to qualify. This makes it more difficult to manage. I'm new to Shopify, I surprised a simple function such as this is not available actually.

Mark

makers18
Excursionist
16 0 103
Agree. It has been a mess for the holidays with our reorders, and not realizing someone already has an account.
CrosspoolAle
2 0 14

I've also realised that many customers signed up to the mailing list without purchasing. When they came back and made a purchase, some don't re-enter the email address and they are created as another customer account.

It's an absolute pain.

makers18
Excursionist
16 0 103
YES! Same with us.
impactcloset
1 0 7

I am a brand new boutique and I have multiple customers that have different accounts.  Some of them because they have a different spelling of their name or used a different email address.  We sell online and in person in our mobile boutique using the POS.  I would like my orders from my customers to be clean and smooth and be able to pull up and see at a glance what a customer has purchased from us and how much they have spent with us.  Instead there are to many customers with orders under different names/email addresses.  What can I do - I would like to be able to merge these customers with their orders but I do not see that option . . . Why?  HELP!

makers18
Excursionist
16 0 103
We have had the same issues constantly, and it is only getting worse. It seems like a basic function of a system of that size with so many customers. Shopify continues to say they are not capable of doing this.
skoutshonor
1 0 8

I am in need of this as well. I have many customers that order without creating an account and use their phone number then make another purchase with their email and create an account. This is frustrating for our efforts as well as the customer. Adding points manually to their account for our rewards program is frustrating as well.

SpencerCran
Excursionist
15 0 59

It is kind of ridiculous that this has gone on for 5 years and is still not resolved. What is up, Shopify?