My Paypal express checkout option isn't showing up on my first page of checkout.

Solved
sayambafna
Tourist
10 0 1

@Trevor It has been four days and I have contacted 4 advisors. PayPal is my only means of collecting payment. It is showing up on my view cart page but not on the first page of checkout ( It showed up when I cleared one cookie from the checkout page. When I click on proceed to checkout, the URL contains " no cookies redirected=1. I had also downloaded an app called Gempages a couple of days back to build a product page, their developers are saying, they cannot impact the checkout page in any way. I am really stuck and I don't know what to do. I saw that you have answered queries similar to this and can help me out. PLEASE HELP. 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2775 364 562

This is an accepted solution.

@sayambafna 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your Paypal Express button. In most cases, the button can only appear in one place, so if it's appearing in your cart, then it would require modifying the coding of the theme to have it appear on the first page of the checkout. 

The following guide will remove all express checkout buttons and not just Paypal

To remove the additional checkout buttons from the cart page, you have to locate the section of code below. It will vary a bit from one theme to another, but the key is to find content_for_additional_checkout_buttons. Using Command + F on your apple keyboard is a great way to find that quickly.

{% if additional_checkout_buttons %}
<div class="additional-checkout-buttons">{{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }} </div>
{% endif %}

Now we're just going to tell the system to ignore it by putting it between a {% comment %} and {% endcomment %}. The result will look like the code below:

{% comment %}
{% if additional_checkout_buttons %}
<div class="additional-checkout-buttons">{{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}</div>
{% endif %}
{% endcomment %}

If you're using a third-party theme and are unsure of how to make the changes, or need to troubleshoot the changes, then this will require the help of a developer. You can hire a Shopify Expert, or request help here via Shopify Community under the "Shopify Design" thread. 

If you're using a Shopify free theme, on a paid account, with design time available, then our Theme Support can help make the changes. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
sayambafna
Tourist
10 0 1
Hi, I actually found this piece of code and I removed it. It has started
showing up on my checkout page. What i want to know is how was it possible
that until a few days back it was showing up on both the cart and checkout
page. I have also checked with one of my colleagues who has an ecommerce
store and the buttons appear on both the pages. He also uses only Paypal.
Is there any solution to make it appear on both.? Please let me know.
0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2775 364 562

@sayambafna 

I'm afraid that question is outside my level of expertise. In most cases the button will appear in either one of the two areas; however, it is entirely possible to have both as there are times where the coding modifications do not work as intended (theme dependent). 

Your best bet would be to create a new post under the "Shopify Design" thread that includes the name of your theme to see if other Community Members may be able to help with this. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
sayambafna
Tourist
10 0 1

Hey, i am facing another issue with the paypal express  checkout button now. It is not appearing on both the cart and the checkout page. Can you tell me what i can do about that. 

0 Likes