FROM CACHE - en_header

My shop shut down 'this store is not available'

Erik_Gregg_Jr_
2 0 4

I am very frustrated with Shopify right now. Yesterday I started a new store and went to put in my card information and because I had a low balance it said "insufficient funds"  and later on my store was shut down with the message "this store is unavailable, well be back soon" I was locked off and now it's unavailable.

I am dropshipping and have done nothing to raise flags but it's absolutely ridiculous to kick people off their store with no recourse or feedback!

I started a new store today and after an hour it locked off again with the same message!

I have spoken and chatted with three shopify gurus and this issue has not been resolved Please bare in mind I have paid considerable money for monthly membership and expect at least rudimentary communication from a service provider before they impose draconian security measures of which I know nothing!

Replies 29 (29)
Jade
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
434 0 94

Hi, Erik.

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

I completely understand the frustration you are feeling with having your online store close after the time and effort that you have put into creating it. I have sent an email to the email address that you use to login to your forums account. The subject line of the email is Shopify Support - Forum Post. If you can reply to the email at your earliest convenience, we will be able to look into this issue for you and find a solution.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

Jade | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

armandbabigian
Tourist
3 0 3

hello, i am experiencing the same issue, it is completely heartbreaking. I continue to attempt to open a new dropshipping store, and as soon as i add my domain i run into the same issue, i have at this point now designed 4 stores that have all ran into the same exact issue and i am getting very disappointed by this :(. For some reason nobody can help me out and i don't know what to do at this point.

@Jade wrote:

Hi, Erik.

I completely understand the frustration you are feeling with having your online store close after the time and effort that you have put into creating it. I have sent an email to the email address that you use to login to your forums account. The subject line of the email is Shopify Support - Forum Post. If you can reply to the email at your earliest convenience, we will be able to look into this issue for you and find a solution.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

@Jade wrote:

Hi, Erik.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

@Jade wrote:

Hi, Erik.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

@Jade wrote:

Hi, Erik.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

Anders
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
43 6 18

Hi, Armand!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your stores but I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. In order to properly investigate the issue, however, I will need to verify your ownership of the store in question. I've sent you an email with the subject line "[Shopify Ecommerce Forum] RE: My shop shut down 'this store is not available'" with further information. If you could please reply to this email at your earliest convenience, we'll be able to continue on to the next steps.

Thank you! 

Anders | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

skywaw
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

the same thing just happened to me without any further notice. I sent emails to Shopify support since yesterday early and till now more than 24 hours with no response at all.

I just decide to start this business using Shopify but such issue let me wonder about the future. client business should be taken respectfully at least by responding to the complaints  

Vxn282
2 0 0
Hi Shopify!

I have the same issue. After a week. I spent considerable bit of money getting the website to look amazing and I have seen others with a similar set up.

Why have we been singled out. I haven’t been given a reasonable answer.
malejanitor
Tourist
6 0 7

Hi Jade,

Please Help me I am in the same exact issue, I'm a real person with a real business and real products and a real bank account and Shopify is treating me like a spam bot...

I have been told by three different CS reps that i've done everything correctly and everything will be fine...I am sure that this is a mistake and I fine being patient, but if you look at my ticket IDs and transcripts I am sure you'll be able to see why i'm so upset right now. 

Please help

malejanitor
Tourist
6 0 7

Hi Anders,

I have the same exact issue, I'm a real person with a real business and real products and a real bank account and Shopify is treating me like a SPAM bot...

I have been told by three different CS reps that i've done everything correctly and everything will be fine...I am sure that this is a mistake and I fine being patient, but if you look at my ticket IDs and transcripts I am sure you'll be able to see why i'm so upset right now. 

Please help,

Chris

4JPMEKA
1 0 1

same thing happen with my shop.  shut down no explanation.  I have tried shopify a few times and this was the first time I have actually had my own physical product and really got a chance to test the site.  I was doing my own testing from beginning to end using my own information and then just a shut down.  I think this is wrong.  just wrong.  you should at least tell people instead you say use another platform.  Yes you have great success but treating people this way is wrong but who cares because you have other customers right??  So my business don't matter.  You are wrong and certainly do not operate with integrity when it comes to closing stores. 

malejanitor
Tourist
6 0 7

THANK!

YOU!

I'm back here posting on this thread because I have been shut down a second time.

I wish a support person would say "look, all of you idiots are making the same X mistake..." just don't do that anymore and you'll be fine.

Hope everything gets worked out for you,

I'll do my best to update this thread if I receive new info

Balabiot
2 0 1

Unbelievable or not, but it happened to me as well.
I uploaded my files during the trial, then I decided that Shopify could be ok for me and I paid my subscription.
After few minutes my shop got shut down.
The only reply they gave me:

"This email is to inform you that after reviewing your information and website we believe your business presents a level of risk that we will be unable to support with Shopify. I know this is not ideal, however we won't be able to help with your business.

At this time since Shopify has been deemed not a good fit for your business you will need to research other e-commerce platforms to find one that will be suitable. Regrettably we are not able to make recommendations to merchants.

Please note that for security and privacy reasons we are unable to divulge the results of our reviews and investigations. Once an account has been declined the decision is final.

Thank you and I wish you all the best with your business going forward!"

And nothing more.
I cannot even backup my files.

I sell furniture, where is the "level of risk that we will be unable to support with Shopify"?? I am confused.
And by the way, the ecommerce would be the online version of a real 'offline' business I already have established years ago.

The funny thing is that " ...for privacy reasons we are unable to divulge the results of our reviews and investigations".
So, you do an investigation on my self, and you don't want to tell me your result?
Privacy is to protect sensitive info about me to third parties, not hiding info about myself.

Actually, I have no problem to switch to other ecommerce platforms, but at least refund the money I paid and let me backup my data.

The good thing is I found out how unprofessional Shopify is at the really beginning, so I save myself of a bigger damage.

Seems like Shopify is popular among people who need to play with ecommerce, not real businesses.

Guys, stay aways from Shopify if you really need to d business.

Dias724
Tourist
4 0 4
What country and what payment provider were you guys using ?
RobertJ
Tourist
7 0 7
I understand the frustration! I just spent $17,000 on establishing our site, have $70,000 of inventory on order to support holiday sales, and Shopify shut the site down this morning with no reason other than a risk concern. Could you imagine the Chamber of Commerce in any city showing up at the doorstep of a retailer, posting a note closing your store with little or no explanation? It would never happen. Very hard to understand this after spending over $17,000 to put up a site with a legitimate business.
Rick_Dis
9 0 0
Same here I running a super successful store all of a sudden they closed it down! I was not a dropshipping I have a product stocked and shipped by us with the phone number for customers to call and an email with hired customer service reps! Out of the blue! Gone

We had a bunch of unfulfilled orders which I beg them to at least send me a PDF file with the order so I could for fill...

They didn’t care said the store is closed and I cannot have any type of access to it
Rick_Dis
9 0 0
Same here over $45000 spent to drive traffic store was going extremely well I was not a drop shipping I have the product been shipped it myself my website even had a direct phone number for my customers to call!

I shut it down with no explanation whatsoever!

RobertJ
Tourist
7 0 7
These posts are all too common.

Shopify will not providing any reasonable explanation for shutting a site down or,
provide an opportunity for a company to recover data and/or copy that existed on the
site before shutdown. This is an unconscionable act by Shopify.

It is impossible to elevate the dispute higher at Shopify. How a company
is permitted to padlock a site after a significant capital investment
is made by a legitimate operating business is disturbing. Many individuals
have invested so much time hard work and savings, only to have Shopify
destroy their dream without recourse.

The best we can all do is continue to broadcast through blogs, social media,
friends and businesses advising them to proceed with caution should they
decide to get involved with Shopify.
Adiljaved
Tourist
3 0 3
It's so frustrating. I have the same issue. I have put a lot of effort and money into establishing my brand and shopify store and even did campaigns on Facebook. But suddenly my store was shut down juts stating that I could be a risk by the risk analyst. I am so sad. How could they do it without warning.... Or at least they should give you guideline how to avoid this situation or correct it. If there is any one with heart at Shopify should reply here and should be help me to get my store back or at least I want to have my domain back so I can use the same domain on some reliable ecommerce services. Regards
Dias724
Tourist
4 0 4
Forget about it they do not care. They ruined my entire business and
because of them shutting down my site I had Facebook shutdown my Ad Account
as a side effect! There was no way for me to fulfill all the orders quickly
so it took time and customer gave us bad rating on FB

RobertJ
Tourist
7 0 7
Big Commerce is a pleasure to work with. Great caring support! No issues and the site is performing well.

I suggest a 180 and do your best to bring a site up on Big Commerce. I‘be already directed 17 new customers to Big Commerce and away from Shopify.

They truly are great communicators and support their customers on all issues.

Breathsafeuk
2 0 3
Yeah I understood that shopify does it each time someone starts scaling ...then you become a Risk ..it’s so much easier to use poor little dropshippers who make zero sakes as cash cows !! We re now hosting ourselves ..I don’t want to be at mercy of anyone who is gonna hold me back ! My shop has been shut by shopify for 3 weeks although I made all edits they asked they are taking their seeet time to respond ! On top of that charged me a bill for $69 today for a shop they closed !!!!!! Now they are the real scammers — real high risk is themselves ...robbing you out of your money !! I m thinking bout taking them to small claims court for all the damages they caused to my business ..I may not win it all but they can see what real headache is at least ..treating honest business easy owners like sh**** so bloody unfair !!