Solved

How can I enable video play and audio in the Narrative theme slideshow on mobile?

Fumo
Visitor
3 0 2

Hi 

I am using the Narrative theme and in the slideshow part I added videos

how do I make them play on mobile and also they don't have any audio on Shopify

Is there some code that i should change or any other idea is appreaciated  

Accepted Solution (1)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Fumo.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. I'm happy to shed some light on this for you. 

Thank you for providing your theme name. I understand you want to add a video to your slideshow, have your videos automatically play on your mobile device, and make sure the audio plays on the browser. Is that right? 

By default, the slideshow will not play on mobile devices depending on the browser being used to access your store. You can add an image as a placeholder for when this happens. Here's a screenshot from the theme editor on my test store:

20-08-1cwqr-nwedg

To access this, you can login to your Shopify admin, click on Online Store > Themes, then click on the Customize button next to the theme you wish to edit. Under the "Sections" area, click on "Slideshow" and you will find the options to add a video or image to your slideshow. 

Sometimes popular browsers can automatically turn off videos. Here's an article I found online that may help: Google Chrome will start blocking noisy autoplay videos in January. Customers will need to press the "play" button to play these videos when this happens. 

If sound is important to your video, I recommend using the "Video" section of the Narrative theme. This will make sure your videos play when someone lands on your store. Check out the steps to add a video to your theme, here: Video - Narrative.

Let me know if this helps you accomplish this!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Fumo.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. I'm happy to shed some light on this for you. 

Thank you for providing your theme name. I understand you want to add a video to your slideshow, have your videos automatically play on your mobile device, and make sure the audio plays on the browser. Is that right? 

By default, the slideshow will not play on mobile devices depending on the browser being used to access your store. You can add an image as a placeholder for when this happens. Here's a screenshot from the theme editor on my test store:

20-08-1cwqr-nwedg

To access this, you can login to your Shopify admin, click on Online Store > Themes, then click on the Customize button next to the theme you wish to edit. Under the "Sections" area, click on "Slideshow" and you will find the options to add a video or image to your slideshow. 

Sometimes popular browsers can automatically turn off videos. Here's an article I found online that may help: Google Chrome will start blocking noisy autoplay videos in January. Customers will need to press the "play" button to play these videos when this happens. 

If sound is important to your video, I recommend using the "Video" section of the Narrative theme. This will make sure your videos play when someone lands on your store. Check out the steps to add a video to your theme, here: Video - Narrative.

Let me know if this helps you accomplish this!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

AviranShahino
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, tira.

I looked at the answer you wrote here two years ago and I'm having the same problem. I understand that a play button should appear, but it does not appear on mobile.