Is my new Shopify dropshipping store set up correctly?

HSD
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi everyone! I'm starting a dropshipping store. I think I have set up everything to start selling but I'm not quite sure. I was wondering if you all could give me some honest feedback about everything before I reach out to a shopify expert. Every review is appreciated. Thank you all.

http://shophomesweetdecor.myshopify.com all in advance!!

Replies 3 (3)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey there, @HSD.

Congrats on getting your store set up! It sounds like you are getting ready to launch, that's awesome. I know that feedback can be so helpful for improving your website, and I’d be more than happy to provide some more suggestions.  

• About Us: The first thing I think when I open your storefront is 'I want to know more.' For this reason, I recommend adding an About Us page to your website. It can be a great way to craft a company story leading to higher site traffic and brand recognition. It's a great way to connect with your customers on a deeper level, leaving them feeling connected to your brand. For some inspiration, check out this really great blog post: How to Write an About Us Page
  • Social proof: Social proof is a great way to build customer trust. Social proof is a psychological theory, that describes our tendency to rely on the opinions or actions of others to inform our own. You can check out some options for product review apps on our Shopify App Store
  • Custom domain: Adding a custom domain helps you establish your brand and build trust in your online store. By default, your primary domain has the format teststore@myshopfiy.com when you sign up for Shopify. If you want to change the domain that's displayed to customers while they browse your online store. You can add a custom domain, such as www.teststore.com
  • Favicon: You may want to add a Favicon to give an extra design for your storefront. Even with these little details of web interfaces, it can make a great impact not only on your site's usability but also the level of recognizably and successful promotion. 

• Blogs: Have you considered adding a blog to your shop? Blogging is a great way to build your audience and generate more traffic and sales for your business. These are some great resources to check out if you are interested: How To Start a Blog & Blog examples

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have any questions at all. In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your marketing plans! Who is your target audience? - Luna 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HSD
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Luna!

Thank you for your response.

FAVICON: I actually just learned about gavicon today. I will look into it. For sure.

BLOG: If you scroll down below the collections section you will see the few blogs I have written thus far. However, I am trying to figure out how to jazz my blog page up a bit more.

ABOUT US: Underneath the blog section, at the bottom of the page, you can see the 'about us' link, how I donate to a charity for each purchase and following us on social media (still working on this page).

I hope this helps. Maybe I need a better layout for easier navigation onthe homepage?

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @HSD.

Thank you for getting back to me with that additional context. I really appreciate it! I missed those two features the first time but it's great that you have thought this far ahead. Personally, I would have those options as part of my header (or closer to the top of the navigation) so that they are really obvious. 

Since you clearly outline that donation is an important component of your business model on the About Us page, I highly recommended that you make it easily visibleI emphasize this because it is very important that you earn the trust of your customers right away. As a result, when your customer visits your website, they will have a better idea of who you are and what your business is without looking too hard. You want them to be able to connect with the business and product you are selling. This is specifically important with dropshipping businesses. You can learn more about this here: How to Brand Your Dropshipping Business (Oberlo)

Again, these are just suggestions! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog