Not making any sales, and having the store up and running for 3 months

abzzluvvsossa
Tourist
8 0 7
Hi All I am 16 years old and I have started my store for 3 months now (ww.shigotowrld.com). I have added alot of products, such as garden gadgets and electronic gadgets. The problem is that the store looks legit and trustworthy and I am not able to make a single sale. I want to do Facebook ads and Tiktok ads but I dont know where to start. Does anyone know some things I should do to get sales, and tell me the pros and cons of my store. Thanks Email: arinraibhardwaj@gmail.com
Replies 6 (6)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1070 97 194

Hi, @abzzluvvsossa.

Thanks for posting to the Community Forums!

First, I want to congratulate you on this new business venture at such a young age. It's amazing!

That being said, I do have some advice. I understand you believe your website to be trustworthy, however, I would disagree. From a customer stand point there are a lot of red flags that will immediately turn visitors off.

For example, your store doesn't have any branding, and the theme hasn't been customized. This leaves visitors with the impression that there wasn't much time or thought put into the store. For this reason branding is extremely important. You have to convince your potential customers why they should be buying from you and not the other guy. The first step to creating a brand for your store is deciding on a niche.

At the moment, you are selling a wide variety of products that don't relate to eachother. For example, plant products, a laptop stand and a blender. It's important to decide on a specific category. For example, think of a brand like Ray-Ban. They sell sunglasses and only sunglasses. They are the sunglasses experts. They wouldn't be the brand they are today if they didn't focus on sunglasses. It seems you have a lot of plant products over anything else, so that might be a good direction for you to focus on. 

Once you've decided on a niche, you can create a logo. There are great free services like canva.com you can use to design the logo. Once this is complete you can use the colors and fonts from your logo to customize the rest of your theme. While working on these adjustments, there are some additional areas of your theme that need to be completed to build trust:

1. Add a Favicon - If you aren't familiar with a favicon, it's the small logo, or icon, that's displayed in the tab of your browser for specific websites. For more information and instructions on how to add this, see our help guide here.
  2. Link social media pages - Currently, when I click on your social media icons in your store's footer I am directed to a 404 page. This is a red flag for trust. Make sure to link your store's social media here. If you don't yet have any social media pages it's important to create them. To fix this; head to your Shopify Admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize > Social Media
  3. Add additional menu items - It's extremely important to provide your customers with as much information on your business as possible. The ideal menu options to have included in your top-navigation include: Catalog (Shop)About Us (Our Story), Contact Us (Support), 
    FAQ (Help Center), Order Tracking (Track Order)
  4. Remove 'Powered by Shopify' - You can easily remove this by following the quick simple steps in this guide. This is just one way to establish trust, and make the shop look professional.
  5. Use a professional email address - I always recommend using an email connected to your domain name, so that it looks more professional to the customer. Example: instead of xxx@gmail.com, it should be info@mystore.com, or contact@mystore.com. You can set this up with services like Gmail or Zoho, or simply by using Email Forwarding.

Lastly, your product pages are currently incomplete. In the drop down menus of your product pages there is either no information, or incorrect information. For example, your Laptop Stand product lists the Bonsai Tree materials when you expand the product materials.

Skye_0-1664317943444.png

Think of your product descriptions as a canvas to paint the benefits and uniqueness of a product. With each stroke of the brush be convincing enough to persuade the visitor they crave the item or need it or that it’ll solve a problem in their life. This portrait moves them to complete their purchase.

Finally, it's important to make sure your main product images are the same style and have a consistent look and feel. Here are key areas to focus in on:

• Coloured Backgrounds: Avoid your main product photo containing images with different background colours from other products you sell as this lowers the professionalism of your collection pages.
  • Product Usage: Avoid having some of your main images featuring them being used while others are the just the product photo. Increase the quality of collection pages by sticking with one or the other.
  • Text + Icons: Avoid using words or logos in your main product image as it drastically lowers its quality.
  • Aspect Ratios: Avoid different image sizes like square, horizontal rectangle, vertical rectangle, etc.

I understand this is a lot of information to take in. That being said, while it seems like a lot, it shouldn't take you much time to complete, and the pay off will be huge! Once you complete the changes you can start to work on advertising and marketing ideas. Before digging into paid ads, make sure to first come up with a marketing strategy. You will then be ready to learn the basics of Facebook Ads. Luckily, we have a quick and easy free course that will set you on the right path. 

Best of luck! 

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
abzzluvvsossa
Tourist
8 0 7

Hello Miss,

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have already have started to implement some of your ideas and other people, because looking back at my store at this moment with all the ideas you given, I can see that the website plain and simple.

Is it possible to give me your email so that I ask more questions and help with store if thats alright with you?

Cheers

Rayshuggs
Globetrotter
561 35 83

Hello there, I wasn’t able to locate your store with the details provided but here are some general pieces of advice on how to improve conversion rates for your own store.

1) There should be sections for best sellers and latest arrivals on the homepage. These are two categories that customers look out for when they visit a store and it’s best they are kept separate from the crowd for this reason.

2) There should be customer reviews on the homepage. This would help raise the level of trust that customers have in your store.

3) Put an add to cart button on each product page . This would make it easier for customers to add products to their cart by simply clicking a button right from the homepage and can likely lead to an increase in sales in the store. You can download the Add to cart button app here https://apps.shopify.com/add-to-cart 

I wish you and your business the best of luck!

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi @abzzluvvsossa,

It's PageFly - Advanced Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations based on 6 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 merchants can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

I have just taken a quick look at your website and I picked up some plus points are:

• Hero banner is high-quality with CTA which is a well-structured navigator for your visitors. It also shows exactly what you are selling 
  • Have feature products classified clearly
  • Beautiful and attractive mockups for each listing

Besides these things, I have some comments and suggestions for your Homepage and Product Page for a better chance of gaining sales, hope this help!

HOMEPAGE

• Make a sticky header

A sticky header allows customers to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements whenever they scroll up or down on the page. It is also the fastest and the most useful way to access the necessary information for the customers when they reach your website. 

You can check this picture below for more reference: 

PageFly_0-1664354916154.png

• Have an interesting announcement bar

Basically, the announcement bar will announce the information about discounts or any promotion campaign of a store.

• Testimonials

When you get sales, you can consider to make the Testimonials. Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews with both texts and photos to increase the legislation, like this:

PageFly_1-1664354959944.png

Source: Template Valentine Product

• Add a section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand your business more and helps your store look more professional. There are many ways to improve your content when you tell about your brand story, it’s also a good way to show with the customer who you are, what you are selling.

• Make a favicon

A Favicon can help to identify your brand name to your customers and make your pages look more professional.

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

PRODUCT PAGE

• Use slideshow/ carousel for images

It is suggested that you can use slideshow/ carousel for your images/ mockup instead of very long scrolling like:

PageFly_2-1664355023535.gif

Here is an example of slideshow you can take a consideration:

PageFly_3-1664355056561.gif

• Include both User rating average and number of ratings

When you are getting feedback and rating from customers, you can take into consideration to add them. Many users rely on ratings and reviews to select products and displaying them right on each product at the first place can quickly build your credibility.

PageFly_4-1664355097472.png

• Use a countdown timer

I see that you are running a sale promotion for some products. You can consider adding a Countdown Timer. Show a timer rolling backwards which communicates how much time remains before a given action should be taken. It's probably good practice that the shown urgency is authentic and not just made up.

PageFly_5-1664355127048.png

Source: Template Levy

• Use swatches to indicate color

Always use swatches to display and select color variations (not drop-downs) and ensure the main product image changes to the selected color.

PageFly_6-1664355154890.png

Besides, to build a better website, you also can take a look at our blog here:

Personalize Your Homepage

Personalize your product page

Personalize your collection page

If you want more flexibility to personalize your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope give us a try, and you can get started with PageFly now.

Good luck and have a nice day! 

Cheers,

PageFly Team

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @abzzluvvsossa,

Gina here from flareAI - your Fully Automated Free Sales Machine. Congratulations on starting a business at this young age. Awesome! I've taken a look at your store.

Here are my few suggestions.

1. Add a favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. A favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website. See shopify help here.
2. Add sections like 'New Arrivals', 'Hot Sellers' to help keep customers updated on new products and give exposure to new collections.
3. Add the correct social media links in the footer for the store to increase the traffic
Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers. Also, create a Facebook account for your store.

Shigoto 2022-09-28 00-25-07.png
4. Add testimonials on the home page. Testimonials allow your satisfied customers to step forward and address the questions and objections that fill the minds of your prospective buyers for you.
5. Consider adding Blogs
Blogs shows your audience and customers that you are a trusted source also it helps drive more website traffic and SEO.
6. Add average ratings for each product
Including both user rating and number of ratings on the products will help users to make decision whether to buy your product or not.

Products – Shigoto 2022-09-28 00-27-37.png

7. Add sticky header
Adding sticky header allow users to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements without scrolling up to the top of the page. They increase the discoverability of the elements in the header and the chance that users will take advantage of them.
8. Add detailed product description
Your product description should be detailed and evocative. The product description should provide visitors with important information about the features and benefits of the product so they are motivated to buy.

Artifical Bonsai Tree – Shigoto 2022-09-28 00-30-03.png

9. Add an About Us page that is more personal, likable, and believable so that your prospects are more likely to be comfortable buying from you. Put a face to your business, featuring the founders or the people on your team. You can include images also to About Us page.
10. A FAQ would be useful to provide quick information to help customers make a purchasing decision and also to reduce the time your employees need to answer simple questions.

It's wise to invest 10-30% of revenue back into ads. But up to 40% of paid ads are clicked by competitor bots, according to Adobe research. Every marketing channel demands more $$$, except one. Consumers trust organic sales channels like Google and rely on them even more and are using at a rate that exceeds the growth of display and organic social. flareAI will help to scale your site sustainably at NO Agency fees, NO Pay-per-click, NO paid marketplaces. flareAI actively grows your store presence on Google Search. Once a product is found on while customer search for it, it is a permanent win! Once your product is found on Google, you don't need to do a thing. Customers will keep finding your product day after day and it will start generating sales and traffic. Let flareAI help to get sales from 20+ world's largest free sales channels, Single click start!

Hope this helps.

Gina
flareAI

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing
abzzluvvsossa
Tourist
8 0 7

Thanks Miss,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have basically printed your ideas and step by step going to do all of them. Thanksss