Solved

Orders: What is the number shown in menu?

ElliotvD
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

As per below screenshot, what does the number 15 refer to? I've checked against different order fulfillment statuses etc, and cannot find any grouping of orders that matched this quantity shown.

ElliotvD_0-1624506111774.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 131

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @ElliotvD. I reached out to my technical team for advice on what exactly this number is in reference to and they have advised the following:

This number refers to the number of open orders. An order can be fulfilled, but still be considered "open", which is what is giving is the discrepancy between the numbers. Here is an example of the filter showing the corresponding numbers:

25-25-gxaz1-bavz6

This number can be adjusted by archiving fulfilled orders, if you wish. Sometimes the system will not automatically archive the order for you. You can do it yourself in the order by clicking the [...] Menu in the upper-right corner and picking "Archive Order" from the drop-down. For more detailed instructions and screenshots check out this doc!

Thanks so much! 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 131

Hi @ElliotvD!

Ivy here from Shopify!

The number you have highlighted here refers to the number of orders currently marked as unfulfilled - we make this number easy to see at a glance so you can easily keep track of what needs to be fulfilled, and when. As you click those 15 orders as fulfilled, the number will go down accordingly. You can read more about order fulfilment statuses in detail here if you wish. I hope this helps to clarify things!

I'd love to help you out with some business growth ideas - how do you feel things are going at the minute? Is there anything you'd like to improve or change? 

Thanks, Ivy. 

Out Of Office

ElliotvD
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hi @Ivy , it would make sense what you say, but I don't see this being supported when I filter on all orders with a Fulfillment status *NOT* = "Fulfilled".

As per below, the number above "Orders" states 950, yet when I filter my orders I only find 29 orders that are in some state of Not Fulfilled.
What am I missing...?

ElliotvD_0-1624602069451.png

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 131

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @ElliotvD. I reached out to my technical team for advice on what exactly this number is in reference to and they have advised the following:

This number refers to the number of open orders. An order can be fulfilled, but still be considered "open", which is what is giving is the discrepancy between the numbers. Here is an example of the filter showing the corresponding numbers:

25-25-gxaz1-bavz6

This number can be adjusted by archiving fulfilled orders, if you wish. Sometimes the system will not automatically archive the order for you. You can do it yourself in the order by clicking the [...] Menu in the upper-right corner and picking "Archive Order" from the drop-down. For more detailed instructions and screenshots check out this doc!

Thanks so much! 

Out Of Office