Product tags disappear randomly removing products from collections.

weitzelm
Visitor
1 0 2
  1. Hey there! I am having trouble with essential product tags disappearing at undetermined times and in doing so removing these products from the collections they are sorted in to.

The products are added through Vend, as well as the tags and product descriptions. So far no pattern has bee noticed as to why the tags might be disappearing but any help would be great!

Here is a list of other apps being used:

• Crazy Egg
  • Facebook
  • Goaffpro
  • Google
  • Loox
  • Netparcel
  • Recart
  • Robin PRO
  • Shogun
  • Tidio
  • TinyIMG
  • Vend

Thanks for the help!

Replies 7 (7)

TomDoran
8 0 0

Hey,

You are not alone. 

We are having the same issues.  We use a custom API to sycn inventory between Cova POS and Shopify. 

This issue is recent for us.  I noticed it after the documented dashboard issue with Shopify yesterday.

It is affecting new items on new collections and old items on collections where I changed the tag for the entire collection. 

It appears to be only new tags that were created yesterday for us, but it may have started on Monday Sept 13 as well.  We did not tag the Sept 13 items until Sept 14.

We chatted with Shopify support and it was logged.

We have checked Metafields Guru and it does not seem to be that app and Flow.

Any updates on your end?

GildedSocial
Shopify Partner
66 0 11

We have just recently went through this issue as well. One of our tags was randomly removed from products, removing them from our site. We are trying to frantically track down which products are missing and have no clear path on the issue. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. 

TomDoran
8 0 0

We went back and forth with the API developer and our POS support.  We were told weeks after it started that this had something to do with a Microsoft Azure update. I am not sure if this applies to you if your issue occurred recently.

Rhys_Bevan
Shopify Expert
9 0 0

Did anyone sort this issue out? Our product tags are randomly disapearing across different products at different times in Shopify admin.

Click Digital Growth - Professional eCommerce Design and Digital Growth Management for Online Retailers.
Lucie7
Tourist
4 0 1

This issue is getting bad for us!  Just certain tags are dropping and customers lose access to that product.  Any solutions?

edmorcos
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

facing same issue. Were you able to track it down?

Lucie7
Tourist
4 0 1
Unfortunately, not! It's so frustrating!