products not showing up in collection page

Solved
alee-takeon
2 0 1

Hi there, brand new to shopify and this is hopefully an easy fix.  I've created manual collections in my store. I've added them to the menu but when I click on them in the preview none of the products are showing up! it says "Sorry, there are no products in this collection"  and I'm not sure why.  They're definitely in there... Any thoughts?  I am using the Jumpstart theme.

Replies 97 (97)
lealjohn
2 0 1

Hi @boburhb I am having the same issue. Did you get an answer or figured a solution yet? Thanks

gigi356
Tourist
4 0 2
Problem solved
lealjohn
2 0 1

NO this solution doesn't work. There are several people here commenting, who marked this as topic as solved?
I read all the thread and tried all the possible "solutions". Spotify has to fix this BUG, it is not a user error.

Shalyn
1 0 1

I was having the same issue, even after I tried everything listed here. Some of the things listed I had already previously done. However, as I was looking at the product page I noticed the filter option was not set to all products. Once I changed the filter to all products the items showed up. Hopefully this helps someone.

cynthiasboutiqu
2 0 1

We cannot figure this out. We have added in every area mentioned and they still will not populate in the collection

gigi356
Tourist
4 0 2
I am not having this issue.
c_zagarskas
Tourist
8 0 9

I agree. 

I have all kinds of "theories" as to why this bug happens from the Cache, browser cache, server cache, Shopify CDN to database CRON jobs... whatever...

alas... all my "theories" all fall by the wayside.

The simple facts for us on any shop we manage are as follows:

1. Yes, there is indeed a BUG in the "collection" process
  2. Sometimes it gets fixed by "waiting" a few days
  3. Other times nothing happens
  4. When we have to launch a new collection and it needs to be done ASAP:
    we ALWAYS end up deleting the "auto-add" collection,
    making a new collection,
    manually adding the products (immediately, in the same action as creating the collection)
    and hoping it works.

We have plans to "capture" this problem in a screen recording next time it happens.

I would encourage you to do the same using something like Camtasia, record the screen and show it to Shopify to say "look. see? its real" and if enough people do that I think they will address it.

cynthiasboutiqu
2 0 1

Thanks for the insight.  We did add this collection and contents manually from the beginning.  We followed someone's advise about reviewing Tags and sure enough when we deleted one and corrected a spelling error on another it corrected the collection problem.  Why? I did not realize tags were so important on our end.  I thought they were there mostly for customer search.

I plan to review other product tags to see if that is why they show up oddly in one collection but not another re: dress instead of dresses sort of thing.

Thanks for the info as moving forward I will watch 

sierra_warwick
Excursionist
22 0 5

Hi, I was not the one who originally asked you this but thank you. This was the exact problem I was having and your instructions fixed it

abdulhananzahid
1 0 0

hello dear i have a issue