"This product does not use the domain you selected for Instagram Shopping"

CyberGoatStore
Visitor
1 0 5

So I'm trying to tag products on my instagram business page @cybr.goat but it keeps telling me the message that is on the title. I only have ONE product that is able to be tagged, but the rest are there but are unavailable, any help?

Replies 158 (158)

JacquelineO
Tourist
4 0 16

I'm having the same problem ... when I first started it took a few days for all the products to show up as taggable.  Then it started working just fine.  Recently I changed my Shopify store domain name and now I'm back to the same problem again lol, I am googling every which way I can, trying to figure it out.

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16

i am having same problem! maybe something is up with the system - it's weird we're all experiencing the same problem in the last 24 hours?

JacquelineO
Tourist
4 0 16

Yeah, I've found similar complaints in the recent past and it looks like the issue is an Instagram/Facebook issue, not a Shopify issue; however I didn't see any solutions were discovered 😞

BrunoChoran
Tourist
6 0 9

Any News? i have the same problem here. The products shows up but when i try to tag i get this message. 

aubsb
Visitor
2 0 3

Were you able to figure out anyway to resolve this? I would love any tips. Thank you

Jaderade111
Tourist
3 0 2

The same thing happened to me! I switched to my own domain and now my products won’t tag on IG. It’s been a week and I’ve had multiple people look at it with no solution.

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

Same here.  I purchased my own domain so I could have more control over my website and now like you, Instagram is saying my catalog doesn't match how I originally set up Instagram shopping. And I don't have the option of changing that domain anywhere.  All of my items are the same and everything and everything syncs perfectly on Facebook from my site. It is just my domain that changed.  I have contacted Instagram and Facebook support.  I'm waiting to hear back.  

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
So I wrote Instagram/Facebook business after dealing with this for a week and they said it’s a “bug” and that they’re looking into it. Whatever that means...
Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

How did you get in contact with Facebook / Instagram "business", please?  I'll reach out to them too.  Thanks! 

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
via the facebook business help/support chat!
Christiandolz
Tourist
3 0 6

I’m having the same problem as you guys, been trying to fix it for 8+ hours, I just sent them an email to support@instagram.com but apparently it doesn’t work anymore, does anyone have the link to the Instagram assistance chat?

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
yes here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help at the bottom click 'chat'
Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

I don't have the chat option on that page.  I've just done two support emails.  One yesterday and today.  Still waiting to hear back.  If I get any information / instruction of value, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

JacquelineO
Tourist
4 0 16

Hi everyone!

So this is what I found works for me.  I don't know if it will solve it for you but it's at least worth a try.  I don't know if it will always be like this but for now it solves the issue for my situation.  So like I said I changed my Shopify store domain name to be more customized and that's when the problem started. So I now go to the catalog manager in the business settings of my facebook page where the fb catalog is.  I bring up a product and click "edit product" in the upper right hand corner.  I scroll down to the url details and sure enough it has my new customized Shopify url:  hearttimescafeshop so I actually change just that section to the old url heart-times-cafe.myshopify.com and then I click save.  Pics attached below.   When I do this and then go back into instagram, I can tag that product.  I hope this helps someone!!  Please let me know if you find another workaround! 🙂 Peace and love xo

my new url but not taggablemy new url but not taggablemy old url taggablemy old url taggable

Vexz90
Visitor
2 0 2

I tried Jacqueline0method without success for IG.😞

Anybody has any updates regarding this issue? 

jaccaraqueen
Visitor
2 0 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etzPgNHnAJY this video helped me with that issue

dennigenni
Visitor
3 0 0
This worked for me, Thanks so much!
SPalmer
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi - I tried what you reccomened. It worked. However when I tag products, it redirects them to the old URL and not my new domain. This is exhausting 😞 

TrvlrsClub
Tourist
5 0 1

It did say it was suppose to take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the new domain to fully take over but its been 3/4 days since I changed my domain and I experienced the same problem as everyone else. I took Jaquelines advice and switched the url links in my Facebook manager to my old url... which makes no sense but I did it anyways. Im in the same boat. 

teamjam
Visitor
1 0 0

Just tried this in 2023 and it worked like a charm in less than 5 minutes. A bit of a tedious process to update the links manually but its worth it for UX on external platforms.

Tinyprincess
Visitor
1 0 0

hey, did you get an solution?x

hypemeansnothin
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue. 

Shopify told me to contact instagram, and I can't directly cannot contact instagram.

mahdinewgwb
Visitor
1 0 0

hey any solution i did the same thing i changed domain than request and it says domain not approved any solution ?

jonathanchou_01
Visitor
2 0 0

Go to setting which is under your profile page of Instagram and click the 3 lines and click setting then business, then shopping, finely Website, snd choose the website that is in your catlog

Anayah1
Tourist
3 0 3

I've had the exact same issue since I bought a new domain name! 

thewitch-nextdo
Excursionist
12 0 5

Exact same problem here. Tried Shopify support as well as Facebook/IG support, without any solutions. Shopify says its a Fb/IG issue, and Fb/IG says it's a Shopify issue. Great... Now what?

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

I think it has to be a FB / IG issue.  Because I'm using a Square site and am having this issue.  I'm getting no response from FB or IG regarding my two support requests.

It really feels like our Instagram accounts have been put in limbo / no mans land.  They aren't disconnected from FB and Instagram, but they aren't connected either.  Facebook shows in in my catalog manager / commerce manager that my IG account isn't connected to sell, but then when I go to add it, it shows connected and I'm unable to add it.  I've sent them screenshots of all my errors.  I'm hoping they help, but I'm not counting on it.  

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

Has anyone made any progress with Facebook or Instagram?  I haven't even received a single response from them.

BrunoChoran
Tourist
6 0 9

I'm waiting for a answer from Facebook. Until that, I returned my instagram account to personal. I saw some people saying that if you returned to personal for a while you'll have to apply to Instagram Shopping again and chose another domain. So I'm trying this. 

I think the problem is because when I apply from shopping my store was host in shopify. After the aprove, I change to my own host and now the dns goes to another domain. 

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

Let us know how that goes.  I can't switch back from business to personal.  I would lose all of my insights and shop and everything - without any guarantee that they would approve me for a new shop.

I'm not sure about the DNS issue because I went from mysite.square.site to my url that they (square) now host.  I did a full transfer to them.  So, the dns should be exactly the same. 

BrunoChoran
Tourist
6 0 9

My account is new so i sacrificed all the info. I`ll w8 a fill days now. If it works I come back to tell you 

Anayah1
Tourist
3 0 3
Will you let us know if that works!
Onyx16
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi There,

Did this work for you? 

ChezFleur
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi, yes it did
Onyx16
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you 🙂

Jephoner
Tourist
7 0 0

I am experience the same thing and have been for the last 2 months. No one at Shopify has a solution either this is very frustrating and an ongoing problem that needs to be resolved

Jaderade111
Tourist
3 0 2

I tried to hire someone through Shopify experts and they said the couldn’t do anything.

Christiandolz
Tourist
3 0 6

Well I actually managed after 2 days to solve part of the problem: I was finally able to tag products and add them to my store BUT. The thing is that I was thinking about the “domain” part of the problem. Then I remembered the first time I applied to to sell on Ig, i sent for revision a different domain from the one I’m using atm. So I went into facebook catalog, picked an item, edited the link to the product just changing the link to my previous domain, and et voilá. Now I could tag it and add it, but of course sending to a defunct address.

This is an absolute mess. Specially because when I applied for the second revision I clearly specified I had a new domain, and included it it my appeal message.

Another thing I discovered was that I could create “collections” and add them to my store, including my “new-domain-items” through this Commerce Manager Facebook page (breaking news about it’s existence for me, discovered this panel by chance random clicking): https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager/

But once I try to add the collections to my Ig store, I can’t. I assume it’s because of this message at the top:

We are conducting a standard review on your trading account
For the safety of customers shopping on Facebook and Instagram, we must ensure that all business accounts meet our requirements. Approval for product labeling typically takes around 24 hours and 2 weeks for in-store posting.

I’m lost now. I guess in my case I will wait 2 weeks to see if the message disappears. In the meantime I hope this message helps someone to get further. Cheers.

thewitch-nextdo
Excursionist
12 0 5

@Christiandolz , you said

"This is an absolute mess. Specially because when I applied for the second revision I clearly specified I had a new domain, and included it it my appeal message."

*** Could you please tell me how you were able to do that, apply for a second revision? Thanks! Was it a second revision after being approved for the first one?

I have the exact same problem; applied for IG under my ".myshopify.com" store address, and then buying a domain. I can manually change the URLs for my products from my new domain to the ".myshopify.com" address in the Facebook Catalog, and it would work temporarily, but it is not a good solution, since 1) I would have to do it manually for each product, and 2) it would get override by the new domain address the next time Shopify will update the catalog...

Christiandolz
Tourist
3 0 6

Yes, I do have the same problem as you, even if you edit the products manually, the sync with shopify in the catalogue would overwrite the changes eventually.

Concerning your question: I waited around 2-3 months after being rejected with my ".myshopify.com" store, and the re-applied with my “.com”, and here we are.

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

@Christiandolz You've been waiting three months with no fix?  

selagonzales
Visitor
1 0 0

Guys, just go to brand safety - domains - and delete for domain, and add it back again, then re verify using your preferred method. 😄 Hope this helps, it worked for me just now!

thewitch-nextdo
Excursionist
12 0 5

@Christiandolz 

Thanks for your answer. 

"Unfortunately", I wasn't rejected with my "myshopify.com", so I can't even hope to reapply anytime...

SarahA
Tourist
14 0 1

Any updates from anyone yet? Initially I set up my Instagram shopping with my Etsy site and I disconnected it and wanted to switch to my new Shopify site. But even though the new catalog appears in Instagram, I'm not allowed to select any of the products to tag because they don't have the original Etsy URL. How often does Shopify update the facebook catalog? Can you set it to manual?

I do go in and change the URls but wondering how often they'd be overwritten. I haven't enabled a bulk upload in any other regard yet.

I also can't switch back to personal. Ughhh!

Thanks!

telltaleheart
Tourist
5 0 2

SOLVED: I contacted Facebook from within our Commerce account and told them about the problem we are having. About 4 business days later, someone got back to me and said that our instagram shop needed to be UNLINKED (by them) in order to get it to point to the custom domain, not the myshopify domain. I had to write back and give them permission to unlink it. 2 days after that, I got an email saying our shop has been successfully unlinked and that I could now reapply for an instagram store (our Facebook Store remains unchanged as we were having no problem with it tagging products). I logged out of Instagram and logged back in and saw the "ADD SHOP" button appear on our profile. I hit it and set up the shop and this time it ASKED to confirm the custom domain I wanted to add, which was finally the correct one. Now I am waiting for Instagram to approve our new shop. Once approved, we will be able to tag our products as the URLS now match. 

I hope this helps someone because I was going bananas trying to figure this out!! I tried removing and re-installing our store to no avail. Support tickets and live chats with Shopify were not helpful. I wish there was an easier fix available but unfortunately if you are having this particular issue, you must contact Facebook Instagram Shopping Partner Support through the Commerce Manager to request to have your URL unlinked so you can set up your IG store again with the correct URL of your custom domain. By the way, this whole thing happened because I applied for the shop BEFORE I changed to a custom domain. So if you're setting up your shop, get the custom domain first before requesting a Facebook store.

wishnwillow
Visitor
3 0 0
Okay this is great. But then what was the final domain you used for your Instagram shop? Your custom one or the shopify one? Thanks 🙏
telltaleheart
Tourist
5 0 2

The custom one. The more professional one. 

squiftyco
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks telltaleheart, your post is really helpful. At least now we know that's hope.

Can I know the steps you take to contact Facebook and have a rep to look into it? I kept lending onto their FAQ pages and couldn't get a custom help.

Thanks in advance!

telltaleheart
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Squifty,

No problem, it's not easy to find! Here is the link to the IG SHOPPING PARTNER SUPPORT help request form: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/644690422793138

Choose "I was already approved, but now I want to change my domain" from the list of options when you are filling out the form. That is how I got an actual support person to unlink my instagram (which is now approved and working perfectly by the way!)