"This product does not use the domain you selected for Instagram Shopping"

CyberGoatStore
1 0 3

So I'm trying to tag products on my instagram business page @cybr.goat but it keeps telling me the message that is on the title. I only have ONE product that is able to be tagged, but the rest are there but are unavailable, any help?

Replies 145 (145)
JacquelineO
Tourist
4 0 15

I'm having the same problem ... when I first started it took a few days for all the products to show up as taggable.  Then it started working just fine.  Recently I changed my Shopify store domain name and now I'm back to the same problem again lol, I am googling every which way I can, trying to figure it out.

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16

i am having same problem! maybe something is up with the system - it's weird we're all experiencing the same problem in the last 24 hours?

JacquelineO
Tourist
4 0 15

Yeah, I've found similar complaints in the recent past and it looks like the issue is an Instagram/Facebook issue, not a Shopify issue; however I didn't see any solutions were discovered 😞

BrunoChoran
Tourist
6 0 9

Any News? i have the same problem here. The products shows up but when i try to tag i get this message. 

GMIMPRE
1 0 2

I have the same problem, i don't know what to do

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
did anyone find a solution? still haven't been able to figure it out
aubsb
2 0 3

Same thing is happening to me, I am having trouble tagging products and cannot figure anything out. Please let me know if anyone else figures out this issue

aubsb
2 0 3

Were you able to figure out anyway to resolve this? I would love any tips. Thank you

Jaderade111
2 0 2

The same thing happened to me! I switched to my own domain and now my products won’t tag on IG. It’s been a week and I’ve had multiple people look at it with no solution.

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

Same here.  I purchased my own domain so I could have more control over my website and now like you, Instagram is saying my catalog doesn't match how I originally set up Instagram shopping. And I don't have the option of changing that domain anywhere.  All of my items are the same and everything and everything syncs perfectly on Facebook from my site. It is just my domain that changed.  I have contacted Instagram and Facebook support.  I'm waiting to hear back.  

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
So I wrote Instagram/Facebook business after dealing with this for a week and they said it’s a “bug” and that they’re looking into it. Whatever that means...
Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

How did you get in contact with Facebook / Instagram "business", please?  I'll reach out to them too.  Thanks! 

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
via the facebook business help/support chat!
Christiandolz
Tourist
3 0 6

I’m having the same problem as you guys, been trying to fix it for 8+ hours, I just sent them an email to support@instagram.com but apparently it doesn’t work anymore, does anyone have the link to the Instagram assistance chat?

calmafloral
Tourist
7 0 16
Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

I don't have the chat option on that page.  I've just done two support emails.  One yesterday and today.  Still waiting to hear back.  If I get any information / instruction of value, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Anayah1
Tourist
3 0 3

I've had the exact same issue since I bought a new domain name! 

thewitch-nextdo
Excursionist
12 0 5

Exact same problem here. Tried Shopify support as well as Facebook/IG support, without any solutions. Shopify says its a Fb/IG issue, and Fb/IG says it's a Shopify issue. Great... Now what?

Mauijpm
Excursionist
12 0 17

I think it has to be a FB / IG issue.  Because I'm using a Square site and am having this issue.  I'm getting no response from FB or IG regarding my two support requests.

It really feels like our Instagram accounts have been put in limbo / no mans land.  They aren't disconnected from FB and Instagram, but they aren't connected either.  Facebook shows in in my catalog manager / commerce manager that my IG account isn't connected to sell, but then when I go to add it, it shows connected and I'm unable to add it.  I've sent them screenshots of all my errors.  I'm hoping they help, but I'm not counting on it.