Solved

Remove Staff from Shopify Chat list and notifications

CookiesGalore
Visitor
1 0 0

Has anyone figured out how to limit who receives Shopify Chat inbox notifications? I'd like to also remove staff members from the Shopify Chat list as only a small group of employees are customer-facing.

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CookiesGalore,

Can you elaborate exactly what you mean by Shopify Chat? Is this an app you're using or a native feature? There aren't any apps in the Shopify App store called Shopify Chat so I just want to be sure it's not another chat app you're referring to. 

Let me know what you mean exactly and if you can share a screenshot (please block out any private/ sensative info if you do) to help me understand what you're referring to and I can look into this for you. 

In the meantime, there is a help guide Shopify has which goes through all the staff permissions for a store which could answer what you're looking for also! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CookiesGalore,

Can you elaborate exactly what you mean by Shopify Chat? Is this an app you're using or a native feature? There aren't any apps in the Shopify App store called Shopify Chat so I just want to be sure it's not another chat app you're referring to. 

Let me know what you mean exactly and if you can share a screenshot (please block out any private/ sensative info if you do) to help me understand what you're referring to and I can look into this for you. 

In the meantime, there is a help guide Shopify has which goes through all the staff permissions for a store which could answer what you're looking for also! 

MackJon
Excursionist
26 0 29

Hi,

Just found this thread and I think it's the same issue I'm having, but couldn't see a reply.

We're using Shopify Inbox on Advanced plan with 15 staff members. Only two of these accounts are focused on Customer Service, so need the notification via email that a customer is waiting, or can enter the app and chat with a customer. 

The other staff accounts definitely don't need to see this, nor get the emails about customers waiting - it's just confusing them and spamming their inbox. 

Any ideas on how to limit the Shopify Inbox to only the staff accounts that need it?

Jon

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @MackJon,

Do you mean for only two staff members to be able to access a specific app within your store? 

Only two of these accounts are focused on Customer Service, so need the notification via email that a customer is waiting, or can enter the app and chat with a customer. 

The other staff accounts definitely don't need to see this, nor get the emails about customers waiting - it's just confusing them and spamming their inbox. 

Any ideas on how to limit the Shopify Inbox to only the staff accounts that need it?

If so, Shopify has recently introduced a new feature which enables you to select specific apps for staff members so only certain staff members can be assigned certain apps, etc.

18-46-wa3eq-8r3oo

There's more about this in the app and channel permission guide here

MackJon
Excursionist
26 0 29

Hi,

Thanks for getting back so quick.

I see where you are coming from, but unfortunately, Shopify inbox is a sales channel - not an app in the same way as others.

it appears in the bottom left corner with Facebook, Google etc. as places you can sell on, not the app tab.

Jon

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @MackJon ,

I took a look on my test store and it shows that you can limit the staff members to see certain sales channels or not. Take a look at the screenshot I made below: 

To get to the screenshot I took these steps: 

Store admin > Settings > Users and Permissions > Add staff or Staff member > Apps and Channels

18-29-hz2wl-z3dul

Can you confirm if you see the same settings in your admin too, please?

MackJon
Excursionist
26 0 29

Hi,

You're right! Sorry, I had a look earlier and for some reason just couldn't see that at all! I think I've got too many apps. 😉

Yes, that'll do it. I'll try removing them from that and see if it stops the emails!

Thanks for your help and patience,

Jon

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

No worries at all, @MackJon.

Hopefully that works and stops the emails. Let me know!

bryanro
Excursionist
24 0 31

Our staff accounts are receiving this chat notification even when they do not have access to Shopify Inbox in their account permissions. I do not see any other setting for this notification. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @bryanro,

Can you share a screenshot or ask a staff member to share one for you so we can see exactly what the notification looks like, please? I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the staff permissions for Shopify Inbox

If not, it might be worth asking our support team directly by logging in here so you can look into this with one of our support advisors in real time. 

bryanro
Excursionist
24 0 31

image (2).png

I have confirmed that 3 of our staff accounts received this email message. Their permissions look like this. Shopify Inbox is not checked and they have never been invited to shopify inbox.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 9.28.25 AM.png

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @bryanro,

Thanks for sharing! I did some investigating and it's difficult for me to figure out what might be happening with this as I can't look into your store further for privacy and security reasons. Can you reach out to one of our support advisors by logging in here, please. You can talk to someone in real time about it and they can help troubleshoot with you there and then. 

tdesigns
Shopify Expert
1 0 0

@bryanro 

Did you find a solution for this issue? We have some clients in which we're getting their customers messages in our mail. Super annoying.

bryanro
Excursionist
24 0 31
We were told to instruct our staff to unsubscribe from the shopify Inbox
messages, using the unsubscribe link in the email. I'm not sure what the
process is for resubscribing if needed.
Seeon
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

Each staff member has to manage notifications for themselves.
Have each staff member navigate to the following link once logged in and uncheck the 5 boxes, or as needed.
https://"your-store".myshopify.com/admin/inbox/notifications

Shopify-Inbox-Chat-Notifications.PNG

gurdeep-ninja
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

How do you get to notification settings? I hit that url on my store, it goes to a 404.

Edit: It looks like Shopify have changed this:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png