Reporting a scam store

Hughgo
Excursionist
13 0 14

I'm a Shopify store owner, Shopify has for my purposes been a fantastic product. However, as soon as I decided to purchase something from someone else's Shopify store, I was sorely disappointed by a scam website. 

After looking into the site, Strouz, I found that the store owner is operating more than one scam site ripping people off for counterfeit phone cases (Vorus Men, Strouz). In my case, after a product did finally arrive after a month, it's not the same product as advertised, and it wasn't even functional. It arrived unbranded, broken and unable to be used with multiple manufacturing defaults. After attempting to get my money back as per the stores "refund policy", they refused and offered me only a voucher to purchase another case and now will not communicate at all. Upon checking their Facebook, there are only complaints describing the same issues I've had, and they won't allow comments on their Instagram posts for obvious reasons. I tried posting comments on their FB page that were promptly deleted by Strouz.

Why is there no way for us to report scam stores like this?

This kind of store should not be allowed to still be live, scamming more people as is evident by the new reviews on their FB page. Inevitably this kind of deceit only brings down all of the legitimate Shopify operators. Is there some advice someone can give me to have these stores taken down? I don't want more people to have their money stolen and time wasted.   

Replies 72 (72)
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
I found PayPal to favor the seller even though I had rock solid evidence and it took so long I got tired of waiting.

CallEd my credit card company and I was refunded immediately and the seller never responded to their inquiry because they don’t like dealing with credit card companies!

But they know that they more often get away with it through PayPal!
Plus PayPal’s system of reporting sucks!
You have to submit a claim and then set back and wait, If you should happen to get more information to prove your case there is no way to enter it. You just have to wait for their decision.

With a credit card company you get to talk to a real person, you can call back and update your claim if you get more information and they can send you a way to upload screenshots, pictures, receipts, etc. Much better customer support then PayPal!
James
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
I totally agree that Shopify needs to do a better job screening their sellers!
I wonder if they even read these postings?

For now we need to just keep on reporting them!

To do that:
Login to your account in the upper right corner click on the three bar box, scroll down in that menu, click on contact, then at the bottom of the next window click contact support.
Easy!

They were very helpful to me and took down the fraudulent website. Unfortunately a few days later there’s a duplicate site that popped up!
MAKE SURE YOU REPORT THESE SO OTHER CUSTOMERS DON’T GET RIPPED OFF!

I hope this helps you all,
James
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
Keep reporting them!
Sooner or later Shopify is going to have to make some improvements to prevent this if they don’t want to have to keep dealing with these crooks!
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
Login to your account in the upper right corner click on the three bar box, scroll down in that menu, click on contact, then at the bottom of the next window click contact support.
Easy!

They were very helpful to me and took down the fraudulent website. Unfortunately a few days later there’s a duplicate site that popped up!

James
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
Contact Shopify, PayPal and your Credit Card Company, Shopify, then PayPal in that order because I found that PayPals support stays hidden behind their website walls, are slower then ever and tend to favor the seller.

With the Credit Card company I had someone to talk to, can call back again to check the status of the claim, add more info, etc.

Plus they issued and immediate refund while they investigated the claim.
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
Contact your credit card company first!
Their customer service is a real person, they issue you a refund immediately while they invested the claim and you can call them back about your case it you need to.
PayPal takes forever and their customer service stays hidden behind their website walls. You can NEVER talk to someone if you have questions.

PayPal tends to favor the seller which is why they are getting away with this.
If you file a claim with your credit card company the sellers don’t like working with them and most likely won’t even respond to the charge back!

James
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
If they can’t contact the seller then you have won your case and the credit card company should refund your money!
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
Easy!

James

Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
Login to your account in the upper right corner click on the three bar box, scroll down in that menu, click on contact, then at the bottom of the next window click contact!

Easy and they are responsive.
James
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4
Login to your account in the upper right corner click on the three bar box, scroll down in that menu, click on contact, then at the bottom of the next window click contact!

James
Jamesbtex
Excursionist
21 1 4

James

pb-cat
Tourist
4 0 7

@Jamesbtex , can you explain the steps in a bit more detail? Do you find the three bar box in yoursite.myshopify.com/admin?

I also notice that duplicate sites pop up after you take the old one offline. It's like battling the Hydra!

BossBeauty812
1 0 0
I am going through this right now with a page on here that was advertised on Facebook. It said they were located in the USA and I would have my items within 5 to 7 business days. I placed this order on 04/20/20. I just got a tracking number last week. The item was sent out on 04/30/20 and here it is 05/13/20 and I still haven't recieved my item. I've also found very bad reviews for their page. So before the item was even sent out I contacted them did not get a reply and they only had a email listed. So then I reached out to PayPal and they are pretty much told them to have the seller refund me before the items were even sent. They wouldnt do it and wouldnt refund me. Then today I find out the items are coming from CHINA which is fine but dont lie about it but i already know they wont look anything like the photos based on reviews. But PayPal will not and would not refund me. Saying they have to give the seller an opportunity to defend themselves but yet PayPal has pulled funds from my account before for an item i sold on Ebay that a woman was scamming people and lying about the products to get her money back and not only did they refund her they also let her keep my item. PayPal wont help hardley anymore.
NSM1223
1 0 0
Hi AwareWare,
Could you advise me in brief on how to go about getting the refund from PayPal.

I have contacted them, however I’ve received a message saying it will take longer than expected to respond due to the Covid19 situation.

Thanks!
NSM1223
MozaikGal
Tourist
5 0 6

Paypal couldn't assist with the situation but I was able to get a refund through my bank. Just contact their customer service line & explain the situation & they'll tell you what steps you need to do to get the ball rolling. 

Simonhoisington
1 0 0

I personally have gotten great customer service with outdoorshopx. I got product within a few weeks, got tracking, and even got a nice note saying “thank you for shopping with us” they take care of their customers and I will order more products in the future. They have way too many reviews on the instagram to be fake. They have over 200 reviews in 7 continents And they upload tracking. It seems like you didn’t know what you we’re getting because everyone seem to got what they ordered....

WmH2
Tourist
5 0 1

I have tried to report a website back in Sept of last year when an order I placed in July just vanished (Neluger.com)... I went back and forth with support.  They were more interested in protecting the scammer than to help me get my money back.  

Now, I am a victim of yet another scam site, (sawexpert.net)... I had stopped do any kind of business with anyone hosting with Shopify... I was given the platform another shot when I placed the order in May, bam... got suckered again.

Mean while, I am advising another friend who place an order through another shopify site to get his money back from his credit card company.

The platform is just a host for scammers... I would be one thing if they helped people get their funds back... but as they don't seem to care, I will never buy anything through them again.

Mosaed20
1 0 0

https://stibuck.com/

another scam. financially affected.

Regards

Melloone
2 0 1

I was scammed as well. The store....prettylittledealsstore.com

They took my money, sent generic response  letters when I questioned them and wont return my money. It's been a month.. Shopify needs to dump or fine these scam companies and by the looks of these feeds their are ALOT of them.

WmH2
Tourist
5 0 1
It has gotten so bad... I now assume that a Shopify company is a scam. If
it's a company that I now question, I will send them an email or call their
support number first to see how they respond.