Sales report: Quick sale

144LL
1 0 1

Hello,

Is it possible to get a sale report of all our quick sale?

Thanks!

Replies 18 (18)
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Hi @144LL,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask what you mean exactly when you say "quick sale"? I'm 100% sure what you are referring you. If it is a particular discount you can create a sales report based on a discount code you created. Shopify has a guide about this going into more detail which you can read more about here

You can see all of the other Shopify reports based on sales from here also. 

Hopefully, this helps and is what you're looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

stemcell
Tourist
7 0 4

I think they mean the big button at the top of the POS app that says "quick sale" and allows you to enter a misc charge without using an existing product. I could also use a report of these charges.

sassygrace
2 0 2
I am curious as well. If a product is not in your inventory and you use the quick sale button and manually key in qty and $, your inventory is not updated. Is there a report that gives all items sold using the Quick Sale button?
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Ah ok, thanks for jumping in and confirming that @stemcell & @sassygrace.

I researched this for you and there doesn't seem to be a report for "Quick Sale" in the analytics. I also looked into the custom reports to see if it was possible that way but there doesn't seem to be. 

You can see all of the sales reports available in the admin from the guide Shopify has here. I also dug a little deeper within custom reports to see if it was available to do there, but the only POS analytic option was by location and not as specific as "Quick Sale". You can see the screenshot of this below:

18-28-j0b65-n455r

I can see how this would benefit all of you and your businesses, so it is something I will make our development team aware of potential analytic updates in the future. If you could reply and let me know how exactly this would benefit your store/ business it would be a huge help for the team in terms of them understanding of exactly how this can impact you.  

sassygrace
2 0 2
Quick sales do not relieve inventory. So having a report that shows what description you used would help us manually relieve inventory. Sometimes oridicts come into my shop and get sold while I’m unpacking the boxes so it’s not even been added into Shopify inventory. I’m a small shop and an accountant so theoretically I know I shouldn’t do it that way but it’s hard to tell a customer “no, you can’t buy that yet”. Ha.
Thanks so much for checking into this for us.
Tamy
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Thanks, @sassygrace,

That's very helpful and shows a very valid business reason for it. I'll be sure to add it to the feature request. 

stemcell
Tourist
7 0 4
Sure Nick. For us specifically, when it comes time to pay our consignment vendors every month, we like to go through these sales to make sure all of their sales are accounted for (sometimes an employee doesn’t know what a product/vendor is listed under and might not have time to figure it out…esp if the store is busy).

We recently switched over from Lightspeed Retail, and it had this feature. In that software it was simply a filter between product charges and what they called miscellaneous charges. They appended every miscellaneous line item charge with a asterisk or something that could be easily sorted.

Hope this helps.
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Thanks @stemcell

I'll update the feature request and add this in. Appreciate you taking the time back to reply with this feedback. 

frontflip
Shopify Partner
44 0 4
Hey Stemcell,

What do you use to calculate and manage your consigners payouts? I had trouble finding something that does well, so I decided to build a product that does just that. 

The goal was to build a new and modern consignment software that allows business to decrease cost with tools that saves them time, and increase revenue by making it easier to connect to more sales channels (like Shopify).

I would love to chat and see if there something we can do to help you solve this problem.

You can view our site here: www.frontflip.co

I would love to chat and help you out on fixing this for you. You can reach my anytime at: hello@frontflip.co

Menan
Val_Huggett
Tourist
7 0 17

Hi Nick,

Another business who could really use this feature.... The fact is that a lot of us use Quick Sale to enter Open Priced items (ie when a item's price is based on weight sold, or in my own instance when we sell items where the price is set by a third party and undergoes currency conversion before it hits my till, meaning that I'm selling items that cost $9.33, $8.67 and other odd prices).

The problem is that we are using this as a workaround due to the fact that Shopify is missing "open priced items" on the POS, but using Quick Sale leaves a huge gaping hole in the reporting end of things.  To put it bluntly: I need to know where my shop is making money from in order to continue running a successful business. With no reporting options at all for Quick Sale, my monthly accounting becomes really difficult, because I have revenue coming in with no guide as to how/when/why it was generated. Furthermore, without being able to run a proper report, my staff could be ringing in items incorrectly and I would have no idea until I manually went through each transaction.  

My business is beehive-wool-shop.myshopify.com and we would like to be updated when this is addressed. 

Report-Pundit
Pathfinder
207 6 16

Hello @sassygrace @Val_Huggett @144LL @stemcell 

I'm John from Report Pundit. We are a new reporting app which helps merchants create custom reports and dashboards.

We can try to create this report. If you can install the free trial, we will give it a shot. We will let you know if this report is possible within 24 hours.

You can reach me at support@reportpundit.com

Thanks!

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
TealTX
Tourist
4 0 9

Any update on this request?  I found a way to export the Quick Sale entries - Shopify Admin / Analytics / Reports / Sales by Product (Sales section).  Once the report loads, remove the default filter of "Sale item type is product" and then add a filter of "Product ID is N/A".  This returns a list of Quick Sale entries, you can use the "Edit Columns" button to add the OrderID, Customer Name, etc to the view - but there is no easy link to the Order details - that would be helpful.

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Hi @TealTX,

Thanks for messaging and adding the feedback. There's been no update as of yet, but the feedback here is invaluable and again shows more store owners are looking for it. I have added another feature request for this topic on your behalf also. 

TeddySinclair
1 0 1

This would be of huge assistance to us.

In a small business, with many one-off items, we frequently have to 'quick sale' items when serving customers.  The fact that there is no way of accounting for these transactions is quite frankly astounding - the longer we use Shopify the more glaring holes in it we seem to find.  PLEASE do something about this ASAP.

alexxduvall
Tourist
3 0 16

Also chiming in that the lack of this feature is causing my clients to do some accounting gymnastics. Would love if there were some easy way to load in the product cost - to avoid this being such an obstacle. 

erikaw
1 0 0

Just checking in if this is now available? Def need a report for all quick sale items!

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Hi @erikaw,

There is no update on this. You can see the active sales reports possible for a store below:

Just to check, do you mean this for POS or for your online store? 

If it's not too much trouble, could you elaborate a little on why this would be beneficial for your business/ store and the obstacles it gives without it, please? I can add the feedback to the feature request for our internal development team then. 

BetterReportsT
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi @144LL,

Tiia here from Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports will be able to help here.  We can create a custom field to check if the product was a quick sale and then assign a product type of "Quick Sale" to it.  Using this custom field, we can create a report for you that would list all of your Quick Sales. 

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll have access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.