Solved

Is Sezzle ceasing its services on Shopify after July 31, 2022?

shoegal925
Tourist
3 0 4

My home page is saying that Sezzle will no longer be available after 7-31-22----can anyone shed some light on what's happening?

Accepted Solution (1)

ChardIr
Excursionist
13 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I just signed into Sezzle. They have a pop-up about this. The app needs to be updated by the end of this month. This is what is in the Sezzle pop-up. Screenshot 2022-05-24 101657.jpg

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

erfab
Visitor
2 0 1

My only guess is that its taking to much % away from the Affirm/Shop Pay Installment option?

SideHustleBizCh
Tourist
4 0 3

Wow that'g going to really suck!

shoegal925
Tourist
3 0 4
I know it 😞
shoegal925
Tourist
3 0 4
I was just googling--something about their share price falling from $2.00
to $0.60 today...Zip was supposed to acquire them, so maybe Zip will be the
new platform?
ChardIr
Excursionist
13 1 1

Looks like they'd rather eliminate the competition rather than let businesses choose what they want to use. At least that's all I can guess without any reason given at this point by Shopify. So far, I've only seen the announcement.

SideHustleBizCh
Tourist
4 0 3

I am wondering the same thing.  It states that all  of the 4 payment plans that I have on my site are going to be unavailable.

Lpintody
Visitor
2 0 1

Well yes this sucks! I love that I can use what I want. I guess free market isn't all that free do do business how you see fit! perhaps it's time to go back to workpress. 😞

SideHustleBizCh
Tourist
4 0 3

Exactly, that will impact a lot of business.  Some of my most loyal repeat customers place large orders utilizing sezzle, klarna etc... really not cool!

ChardIr
Excursionist
13 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I just signed into Sezzle. They have a pop-up about this. The app needs to be updated by the end of this month. This is what is in the Sezzle pop-up. Screenshot 2022-05-24 101657.jpg

LMariesBoutique
Visitor
1 0 0

So are we supposed to go into Sezzle and upgrade. Or if Shopify is not going to support it, are we to just deactivate it ?  

ChardIr
Excursionist
13 1 1

You will need to go into Sezzle. Follow the Shopify update instruction they have. Easy to find when you log into Sezzle or just login and do a help search for "Shopify". I did the update, and it still works. Waiting to see what happens after the 30th.

livykitty
Visitor
1 0 0

Did anyone else miss the June cut-off??? Is there any way to bypass that deadline to update settings?