Why am I getting an error message about shipping restrictions at checkout?

Awsheanatural
Visitor
1 0 1

Why when customers try to checkout, it giving a error message that we don’t ship to that state? Please help SOS

243E67A2-77C6-4F26-BCC9-A48895151679.jpeg

Replies 2 (2)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @Awsheanatural.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that customers are receiving an error that your shop doesn't ship to their state when checking out. However, it looks like we’ll need to access your account and take a closer look at your Shipping settings in order to resolve the issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, our Support team would be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. To create a support request, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account.

It's possible that you may have also created a separate shipping profile, which may contain some of your products - can you check if you have shipping rates assigned to each of your shipping profiles? This may help speed up the troubleshooting when contacting our Support team.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JohnHa
Shopify Partner
108 1 20

Hi @Awsheanatural,

You can double-check these settings to make sure that everything is working properly.

• Have the pickup location enabled
  • Have the multiple-location inventory enabled
  • Set up fulfillment priorities
  • Products or variants stocked at this location
  • Have less than 20 locations

If you have checked everything but nothing works. Try setting up a shipping rate for the location that accepts pickup. In your location, create a new rate call Local pick up and leave everything blank. That just means you don't have shipping rates or zones, but that location is now treated as a fulfillment center. 

Check on our posts to see how to set up shipping profiles.

banned