FROM CACHE - en_header

Shopify app logging me out

Hananq
1 0 5
Hello, Ive been facing an issue with the Shopify App. For some reason i get logged out whenever i close the app and i have to login in every time i open the app. Its a bit inconvenient because i get notifications on any orders on my phone through the app and when it logs out on its own i dont get notified. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and it still didnt work. Please advise on what i should do, thanks
Replies 22 (22)
Angrybarista
1 0 0

I have the same problem. It’s logs me out within 5 mins of closing the app. I never get any push notifications when I get orders.  

Otayfer
Excursionist
32 0 9

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue since I activated 2 Factor Authentification. Is there a solution? This issue is really annoying ... 

Sales67
1 0 1

Did we ever get a solution to this?
I swapped my android to an iPhone and since then its happening and driving me mad..

NigelShaw
1 0 0

In the app settings turn on Face ID and set auto lock to never. 

MisterQ
Tourist
6 0 1

Same problem. Since I updated to iOS 14, the app just logs out making my widget useless. 
I tap on it   It opens app, then tells me session expired and to log in again. 

turning on face id log in doesn’t do anything. 

DamonO
1 0 1

somebody needs to help, this is driving a lot of people crazy and there's no fix!

MisterQ
Tourist
6 0 1

the strange thing is on my iOS 14.1 iPhone 12 it keeps happening. 
On my iPhone 11 with 13.5 it doesn’t happen to me. 

drewzh
Excursionist
12 1 4

Even worse if your own an Apple Watch and want to use the widgets. They currently work for 5 minutes after logging in after a reboot and then they just say “loading” forever - even logging in again doesn’t seem to fix it.

Shopqalam
1 0 0

I am facing the same problem with my iphone 11 , ios 14

this is very very annoying that i have to log in whenever i use the app  

but its fine with my iphone 10 ios 14 ! 

MisterQ
Tourist
6 0 1

Still facing the issue. 

shopify please don’t ignore us 

Catalin4
2 0 1
  • Still have the same issues...so frustrating
Ben31
Pathfinder
116 3 96

I too are constantly logged out of the app on iPad and iPhone. Have tried deleting/reinstalling but no joy.

andyhelms
2 0 0

I was having the same issue after I got a new iPhone. Sometimes I would have to log into the app multiple times per day.

A few days ago, I did the following:

1. Wrote down my password.
  2. Deleted the app from my phone.
  3. Went into Settings > Passwords, deleted all the Shopify records there.
  4. Restarted the phone. 
  5. Reinstalled the app. 

That was several days ago, and so far, I haven't had to jump through the login hoop again, or tap a widget just to find out it was logged out.

Try this and see if it works.

drewzh
Excursionist
12 1 4

Same issue still present on iPhone 13 running iOS 15. Absolutely frustrating. Did anybody ever get any resolve on this?

andyhelms
2 0 0
It logged me out less (didn’t get rid of the problem) when I deleted the iOS password for Shopify app and logged back in, recreating it.

I’ve noticed it logs me out more often if I change location during the day… like, if I’m on one side of town in the morning, and drive across town that afternoon and then try to open the app.
Hazza
2 0 1

Still not fixed. logs me out all the time. So frustrating 

iphone 13 pro max ios 15.0.2

thegeekery
1 0 0

Have we ever gotten an answer on this? I am having this issue with my iPhone SE 2 on iOS 15.2

drewzh
Excursionist
12 1 4
I’ve not had the issue in a long time now. It’s clear that it’s only
affecting a certain number of people. Shopify need to fix as it’s extremely
annoying if you’re affected.
Catalin4
2 0 1

It s been two years since I have this problem. I ve changed lots of iphones. I had problems with all of them. On android works smoothly. I have logging out issue when I switch from store to store 

thanks