Shopify Black Bar on Bottom of Page in Chrome

mybaitshop
Excursionist
19 0 14

Is anybody else seeing this?  I am logged into my admin page.  When I open another window or tab and go to my website I used to get the Shopify circle in the bottom left corner.  I could live with that.  A couple of days ago that has now changed to a big black bar along the bottom of each page to edit the page or collection etc.  I can close it out but it reappears on every single page.  I was hoping this was just a temporary bug and would go away.  It has not.  Is anybody else seeing this?  Is there a way to disable it?  It is annoying.  Only happens in Chrome.  I am using an updated version.  Have restarted, etc.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.  Sample screenshot below.

mybaitshop_0-1597696945744.png

Replies 14 (14)
daniraper
1 0 0

In the left hand nav bar of shopify admin, there is a little "eye" icon to the right of Online Store. Click this. 

AakashInfoTech
Shopify Partner
72 10 24

Hey, the black bar is showing only to you because you are an admin of Shopify.
Don't worry that this bar will not show to others.

You can check your website without admin and then you will not see that bar.

Thank you  

crazydog
3 0 0

I want the black bar & shopping bag icon - it allows me to quickly login to the backend. The issue is that I'm not getting it after I switched to a new computer. I am logged in as administrator, but still not getting it.

crazydog
3 0 0

That just shows the home page. I use that regularly. I need a way for the admin black bar to show in that view for easy navigation to the admin pages. Shopify support is no longer available by phone. So I'm pretty much stuck unless someone has encountered this once before and solved it.

Brinkkjaer
1 0 0

I can confirm that this is the case. I tried split-testing so to speak and you are right. The Store visit is only recorded if you are incognito.