Shopify Editions Summer '22: Connect to Consumer

NikkiThibodeau
Shopify Staff (Retired)
39 0 15

editions-blog-header.png

Here at Shopify, we’ve always powered direct-to-consumer (D2C) commerce; it's in our DNA.

Today's consumers are craving deeper connections. And the brands that adapt to meet this need are the ones who will ultimately win. That's why Shopify is powering this next generation of commerce with innovative new products. We want to help you build real, long-term connections that make your business work.

Today, we’re proud to announce the launch of Shopify Editions: a new experience to help you make the most of the full breadth of our products.

More context, more stories, more helpful

Twice a year, we’ll release a new Editions experience, curating our latest product releases with context and guidance to help you zero in on what matters to you. Instead of a simple list of updates, Shopify Editions tells the story of our products, explaining why they matter to your business.

The Summer ’22 Edition features 100+ new and updated products that give merchants of all sizes around the world the toolkit they need to connect with today’s consumer.

After you read the story of our products, head to the Editions Board! Tell us what you liked, what you learned and what you’d like to know more about.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Replies 8 (8)

onyx_au
Explorer
63 1 20

Hi!

Love the updates, when does it take place? I am interested in the multiple discount update but when I did a test run on my website, only 1 discount can apply.

How do I enable this?

Thanks

NikkiThibodeau
Shopify Staff (Retired)
39 0 15

Hi there!

I'm so glad you're loving these updates! We're all excited for combining discounts over here 🎉

Right now, combining discounts is in early access and is only available to certain merchants.

However, this feature will be rolling out to all merchants over the next few weeks!

Once it is available to you, we have some great help docs that can help you get them set up.

23-08-fb8dj-g552b

argosan
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Nikki,

I am Adam Gordon, the CEO of Plumb.one. We're a search engine that can search web3 stuff, like NFTs, which you just announced today. Could you direct me to the right people to talk to about providing search functionality for your NFT users? You can reach me directly at adam@plumb.one.

Thanks

Adam

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@argosan if your on twitter you could try hitting up Shopifydevs (or research if they made a shopify nft handle on twitter /shrug).

If your gonna build on/for shopify then join the partner program o try and find that path to the right people by accessing the partners-slack channel and-or if your willing to give discord your data join the developers discord . Note that both are noisy distracting places.

Goodluck.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

For nfts also see this post for some relevant links https://community.shopify.com/c/technical-q-a/nft-faq-frequently-asked-questions/m-p/1382622

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

21five
Visitor
3 0 1

It’s currently mid-winter here in Australia. Do we have to wait six months to see these new features? Or is the is another “global” campaign that ignores the Southern Hemisphere?

(Given you know my store’s location, currency, language, domain name and time zone are all in Australia, I can’t imagine it’s because you chose to ignore all of this data and chose to brand the campaign based on your local seasonality. That would be the opposite of what you’d recommend for any of your customers, plus disrespectful and confusing.)

NikkiThibodeau
Shopify Staff (Retired)
39 0 15

Hi 21five,

Thank you so much for your comment. I bet there are others who have this question too, and by asking it here we're able to answer for many 😊

The choice for Summer 2022 was following a mental model similar to the fashion industry - summer is universally known even if it is not correct based on southern hemisphere.

Editions will ship twice a year, much like fashion collections. We would never intentionally alienate any merchant, and I apologize if that's how it made you feel.

Please keep the feedback coming!
My best,
Nikki

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Interesting point about the summer thing , though alot of global industries do use the northern hemisphere perspective of seasons , especially when they are based there.

The reason is otherwise they would have to twice release "two" editions at the same time:

`22 Summer Edition` and a `22 Winter Edition`.

But that only works if there's 1 release per year. Otherwise 6 months later when a new edition comes out it's a repeat in naming but flipped:

`22 Winter Edition` and  `22 Summer Edition` 

That would create alot of confusion because now there are FOUR editions of 2 sets sharing names: `22 Summer Edition` and a `22 Winter Edition` and `22 Summer Edition` and a `22 Winter Edition`. That doesn't even take into account non-english translation. This is why industries do this, naming things is hard for 8 billion people.

@21five wrote:

I can’t imagine it’s because you chose to ignore all of this data and chose to brand the campaign based on your local seasonality

The thing to notice here is the release is not personalized to specific stores it's a global general platform release with everyone getting the same messaging.

@NikkiThibodeau 

It doesn't help that for many of the features instead of unambiguous release dates we  get ambiguous language "now" "soon" etc  in the messaging , meanwhile the reality is the feature is nowhere near general release. And you only find what the release might be is by digging into docs to find an ambiguous status like "early access", etc .

Best example of this is combinable discounts, editions literally says: "Finally—now you can combine discounts". But that isn't a platform truth more like a friction multiplier of some merchants feeling left out.