Struggling with domain setup: any advice?

michellelholm
Excursionist
24 0 3

I'm having the hardest time setting up my domain. I go to purchase the domain (it's available). It tells me I have to set up my billing, which I have. I had this issue in the beginning when I first started my page a couple weeks ago, and now that it's almost complete I'm having the same Issue.Screen Shot 2024-02-17 at 11.00.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-02-17 at 11.01.05 AM.png

Reply 1 (1)

Erin
Shopify Staff
945 127 147

Hi, @michellelholm. I'm happy to help you out with this!

This error typically happens when your user account name is set with your first name as your shop name and your last name as "Admin". You can double check this by selecting your profile at the top right of your Shopify admin and then selecting Manage Account. From there, please make sure that your first and last name are listed as your actual details.

If the error message is still happening after you try that, please reach out to our support team through the Help Center here so we can look into this with you. We can't see your account information here over the Shopify Community, but if you speak with us through the Help Center we can see more details to help further.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog