Submit your questions! | The power of data to sell smarter | Oct 14 @ 12pm PST / 5pm EST

SarahF_Shopify
Community Manager
211 7 98

Join us for the 3rd of our live virtual events to help prepare you for the holiday selling season ahead: The power of data to sell smarter this peak season

Register now!

October 14 @ 12pm PST/5pm EST/9pm GMT/9am NZT

Make this holiday selling season your best yet by learning how to identify key metrics and trends using analytics. Join Shopify Expert, Kurt Elster of Ethercycle, in this workshop to understand how your numbers can help you make data-informed decisions for your business this peak selling season and beyond.

Thread your questions below to participate in this live discussion. Ask our expert your burning questions around the power of data. 

If you aren't able to join us live, don't hesitate to sign up to receive the recording after the event.

Sarah | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Replies 7 (7)

NightGod
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey boss!! I’m having trouble with my Shopify, for some reason my PayPal has over 400$ On hold because as a new seller they want to make sure I get the product to my customer properly, only problem with that is my SHOPIFY ISNT SHOWING THE FRIGGIN ORDERS. Really has me thrown for a loop. They can order, give money my PayPal. But I can’t recieve them cuz Shopify has 0 products ordered and zero dollars given/hold nothing. Still acting as though I haven’t achieved my first sale. Now please help me? What the hell is going on? Thank you. NightGodshop.myshopify.com 

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @NightGod (Awesome name!)

I’m here to help. Thanks for these details and including your store URL. This is helpful.

I’m hearing that you have made some sales on your store and that the money you’ve made from these sales are showing in your PayPal account, and not in Shopify. Is that right? 

If that is right, I want to ask you a few questions to help troubleshoot this together with you:

• Where were your orders taken? Were products ordered through your Shopify Store, or through somewhere else?
  • Have you taken a look at your abandoned checkouts to see if any orders are listed there? I’ve typically seen abandoned checkouts with some merchants when no orders come through in the Shopify admin. To check this area, you can login to your Shopify admin, click on “Orders” and then click on “Abandoned checkouts”. 
  • You mentioned that PayPal shows you’ve made $400, that’s awesome to hear! Have they mentioned if this was from orders through your store? 

I can also relate to your situation. When I started my business and made my first sales, I was using PayPal as well and my funds were on hold. I remember they asked for documentation and after submitting documentation I was able to help release the funds on hold to my bank account. While PayPal inquiries are outside our scope of support, I can point you in the right direction.

Let me know the answers to the questions I’ve listed above so we can get you your funds!

Chat soon,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

george73
Visitor
2 0 0

Amazing info! it's really helpful for me. Thanks

Beez
Visitor
1 0 1

I am having the same problem with PayPal and phoned them the orders will appear after PayPal takes your money out of hold. Best way to deal with it is to ship your orders and upload tracking number on PayPal. They will remove the hold 1 day after the order is confirmed received or you can await 21 days for your money which I don’t recommend. 
Basically PayPal is putting us on probation they want to make sure buyers are receiving their purchases. I used to sell on another platform for many years but my selling pattern changed so PayPal treats me as a new seller. 
If you decide on sending the items before the hold is pulled on PayPal don’t forget to manually retrieve them from sale by adjusting the number of items you have available. If you decide on awaiting 21 days for your money then PayPal will keep doing this for at least 6 months  

Liam101
Visitor
1 0 0

¿Puedo hacer negocios en “Shopify con dropshipping” ya que no tengo espacio para guardar productos en mi lugar? ¿Alguien sabe de esto?

shopify con dropshipping

SarahF_Shopify
Community Manager
211 7 98

@Liam101 you can absolutely run a dropshipping business on Shopify. Here are a few of the many help documents available to get you started (you can google 'shopify dropshipping' for more):

https://www.shopify.ca/dropshipping

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/dropshipping

https://www.shopify.ca/blog/dropshipping-guide

All the best!

Sarah | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tomarmahi
Visitor
2 0 0

I have not received my order