Can you add suggested items in the cart on Shopify?

adecker
4 0 0

I would like to add a feature to certain items within our store to suggest purchasing a care & maintenance kit and then suggest it again within the cart. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps advanced buy buttons? Thanks

Replies 6 (6)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hey, @adecker

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

You mentioned that you would like to add a feature that will allow you to suggest purchasing another item on the product and cart page. Up-selling is a great idea to help you grow your average order value (AOV) with relatively little marketing effort. These customers are already interested in your products and will be able to easily add a new related item to their cart. Before suggested an app, I'd suggest reviewing our awesome guide on how to up-sell as it goes through tips and strategies on implementing this feature. 

I took a look around our App Store and found an app called SellUp • Upsell App. This app offers the functionality to display offers that make sense by offering beneficial upsells and is also very customizable. You will be able to create upsells that sit below the product's add to cart and create Upsells that show when the Product's add to cart is clicked. I also suggest taking a look at our App Store for other available that may be suitable for your business. If you have any questions about the apps, or need a hand setting them up, feel free to reach out to the developers directly as they could provide some more information.   

I’d love to know more about your marketing initiatives! How are you currently advertising your products and brand?

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

adecker
4 0 0

Hello, I tried to download the app but it says it is not compatible with my store because it does not have an online store but it does.....

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi again, @adecker

Thank you for following up. 

I  appreciate you attempting to use the suggestions given in this thread. However, you mentioned that you are receiving an error when attempting to download the app. Are you able to confirm which plan you are on for your Shopify Store? This error often occurs when a merchant on our Shopify Lite plan, which does not support an online store attempt to install an app. Also, please confirm that you are logged in the correct account when on our App Store

If the error still persist, here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:

• Clear your cache and cookies on your browser. After this, completely reboot the browser.
  • Try a different web browser to rule out any browser issues. 
  • Try another device, like another computer or mobile phone.
  • Try another internet connection (switching to a cellular network on a phone rather than wifi, for example)

Let me know if these steps allow you to install the app! Feel free to reply with any updates. 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

adecker
4 0 0

I ended up figuring it out and getting it downloaded but now i am having trouble using the feature and making it work. I set up some of the action items like action sale and cart upsell and it does not seem to be working or putting them into place. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

adecker
4 0 0
Hello,
I responded to the chat yesterday and am still having trouble with the action upsells and cart upsells. Please advise

CheckoutLinks
Shopify Partner
51 1 2

Upselling is a really important part of increasing your average order value and profit as a merchant - it's a good thing that you are looking into it!

I would say HypeCart is a great app for this, we offer this feature but also a lot of other features that will work together with with the upsell.

Right now we cover upsells in these three stages of a customers journey on your store (and we're working on more!)

1, In the cart before an order is placed.

2, After the purchase before the order is confirmed.

3, On the thank you page once the order is confirmed.

A customers checkout experience starts with adding an item to their cart. Our Cart Drawer will display the items in a minimal and thoughtful way combined with any upsells, cross sells or progress bars you've created. You can customise these offers however you want with a lot of triggers! And after the sale is done, you can keep selling with HypeCart! You can also add free gifts automatically to the customers cart based on threshold of your choice.

The Post Purchase Upsell feature in HypeCart works with just one click and is proven to convert really well! It adds an extra page between the checkout and the thank you page where you can offer a product to your customer. This add-on product will be added to the same order with only one click, and is very seamless for the customer. It's truly a win win!

The thank you page is one of the most underrated spaces for promotions. Once a customer reaches the thank you page it means they've decided to make a purchase and trust your brand - there really is no better place to show some great upsells and cross sells. The thank you page will turn into an order confirmation page that Shopify emails to customers by default for example with shipping updates. Your widgets will still be there every time your customer visits the page. You can customize your own thank you page with HypeCart's drag and drop builder, it's both easy and effective!

With a fixed pricing structure HypeCart delivers a great ROI to merchants and we're constantly seeing ROI's of thousands of percent. Yes, those are real numbers! In November our average ROI for merchants was over 7000%!

If you need any help at all with setup or have more questions, let us know at hello@hypecart.co or say hello through the app.

Oh, we also offer a 7 day free trial for all plans!

---

You can find the app here: App Store

Try it for yourself here: Demo Store

See a quick video here: Promotional Video

Read more about it here: Website

Checkout Links - Create shopable links to sell anywhere
App Store - Demos - Website