turn off shop notifications for collaborator/staff

Muddart
3 0 0

So, this seems like maybe it's an oversight.  Is it really true that once someone is receiving notifications of sales, they can't remove that access as long as they are still on the account?  I'm a developer who set up a store for a client, and had the staff order notifications set to go to me in the development store so I could decide if she would need modifications.  I changed store ownership to the client, but am still a collaborator on the account as I'll be providing her on-going support to continue to improve the store.  But there's no reason I need to get order notifications for every order she gets.  This should be a simple "turn off shop notifications" button (IMO), but I don't see one.  I've looked in notifications in Settings, and in User Permissions.  The owner also looked in User Permissions, while talking through each option with me, and nothing relates to my getting store notifications.

Am I missing something?  Is there somewhere else I need to look, or is this not an easy to change setting?

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 71 71

Hi @Muddart 

Thank you for reaching out with your question! I understand you want to turn off order notifications for yourself now that the store has been handed off to the merchant. This is definitely doable!

In the store admin, you will want to go to Settings > Notifications. At the very bottom of the page, will be a section called "Staff order notifications". In this area the account owner (or staff with permissions) can edit who receives notifications and how. You should be able to disable and delete your order notification details from here and stop any further notifications right away. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance on this topic!

27-36-56557-51933

Thank you

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Muddart
3 0 0

That's not what it looks like to me.  No disable button for the order notification.  I started to put a screen shot, but I realized it had personal info. So I'll upload edited screen in a minute.

0 Likes