Why can't I access my store on Shopify due to authentication issues?

Jay_Peachland
Visitor
1 0 0

Upon logging in to Shopify and trying to access my store. I get an error message:

"We were unable to authenticate you You must confirm your account before logging in." 

Clicking the login button leads me back to the same page, I've attached a screenshot. 

I haven't had any emails or notifications to verify my account. Any help would be appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 12.21.37.png

Replies 17 (17)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Jay_Peachland!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you're running into some issues trying to log into your account. I'm happy to help out with this! Thank you for sending over that screenshot, as that greatly helps me understand the problem you're running into. The fact that clicking the log in button is looping you back to the same page tells me that there is something odd happening here. For that reason, I believe our best first step is to try some local troubleshooting steps. Here's what I recommend trying: 

• Check your browser for any available updates and complete them if able
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies (https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic)
  • Access your shop in a private / incognito browsing session and try again
  • Try in an alternate browser and complete the above steps again
  • Try on an alternate device and complete the above steps again

Please give those steps a shot and reply back here to let me know the results. If you continue to run into the same issue, then please let me know and we can take a closer look together! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

CarlaBase
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello!

I have some updates I need to make on our website but I can not log into my Shopify account. 

It puts my in a loop where I have to "Log in" over and over again, but it keeps bugging and sends me back to the same page. 

Starting to go mad. Have tried all your tips Ash, but they do not work. Why is this happening?

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 09.38.12.png

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @CarlaBase!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and to this thread.

I understand you're experiencing some issues with logging into your account, and I'm happy to help out with this. Thank you for trying the steps in my above post first, that helps us rule out some potential causes. At this point, in order to take a closer look, our team will need to authenticate you on the account in question and access your account from the back end. In order to proceed with this step, I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email, and once I hear back we can proceed from there. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

harriermcqueen
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

@Ash I am also experiencing this issue all of a sudden, tried multiple browsers etc. Seems to only be happening on one site that I manage, the others seem to work as expected.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.47.33 PM.png

harriermcqueen
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

If anyone else has this issue, after contacting support they said they couldn't help and to have the owner remove and then re-add my account.

elifyaz
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I am having the same exact issue and need to get it resolved. Could you help me?

Ninas514
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I am having the same issue there, starting to go mad! Someone can help?

gavinmckew
Visitor
2 0 1

Can i get some help on the above issue, i have had an confirm email and im store owner (from partner) https://keepfit-tech.myshopify.com/ if you can send the email again as nobody can log into the site? there is 1 user (me) and i cant access even after the above steps.

Abood1233
Visitor
1 0 1

hey hello I have the same problem, please help me, Shopify Screen Shot 1443-03-24 at 1.16.21 PM.png

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hello, everyone.

I am taking over this thread on behalf of my colleague, and I'd like to ensure everyone gets the support they need.

Since this is a public space, we are unable to look into account-specific issues through our forums. Therefore, I invite you to connect with our 24/7 Support team directly for troubleshooting with your account if the previous suggestions have not worked for you. This will ensure your account can be looked into in a timely manner and the best support experience.

If you have further questions I can help answer, please share them back with me here.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

nathonplumlee
Visitor
1 0 0

Same error here, just spent some time with tech support but they can't figure it out. It happens regardless of what computer or internet connection I try this on. On any of the machines I am able to login as my own user account which is really weird.

Poshhluxxe
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Im still having that same issue and nothing is working

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @Poshhluxxe!

Thank you for joining our thread.

For the best support experience, we recommend connecting with our live 24/7 Support team directly as per my last post.

This will ensure you get timely assistance and further troubleshooting steps specific to your store in addition to what you have already tried here.

If you have further questions about getting in touch, do let me know.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BargainHunters
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello.  I had the same issue, tried everything listed and it did not resolve my issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mars4
Visitor
3 0 0

I can not log into my store. 
Have tried your recomendations and it does not work. 

Please advice. 

All the best
MArs

meetwebsurgeon
Shopify Expert
8 1 4

Well, I believe the issue is because you had not "accepted" the staff account when invited. 
Find the invitation email and click on "accept invite" when prompted. 

If you have accidentally deleted that email - ask the store admin to delete and re-invite the user. 

Sandeep | Certified Shopify Partner @ Jeronone Technologies
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
SergiiLysenko
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Thank you! You made my day