Solved

Unable to login to store - lost recovery app key and recovery codes

benekommurse
Visitor
1 0 1

I never really did anything with my store and would like to cancel my account.  Unfortunately, I am being prompted for authentication app codes and recovery keys which I no longer have.  I created this account Removed just so that I could contact support.  The store associated with Shopify is linked to Removed.

Accepted Solution (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @benekommurse,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query!

Since you are not receiving the auth code and don't have the recovery codes on hand - I'll email you now privately to authenticate a few details and help you log back into the account. 

Just as well if you ever need to contact our support but can not sign in as the account owner, you're welcome to sign in as a guest instead as shown in this short video. Our support can always authenticate the account later if needed. Our Facebook and Twitter support are also available 24/7 if you would prefer. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 14 (14)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @benekommurse,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query!

Since you are not receiving the auth code and don't have the recovery codes on hand - I'll email you now privately to authenticate a few details and help you log back into the account. 

Just as well if you ever need to contact our support but can not sign in as the account owner, you're welcome to sign in as a guest instead as shown in this short video. Our support can always authenticate the account later if needed. Our Facebook and Twitter support are also available 24/7 if you would prefer. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

marijesourfield
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi!

I took a ¨break¨ from shopify a few months ago. But i would like to launch my store again. But I dont have my recovery codes or app key. Is there anyway you could help me get into my account. 

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @marijesourfield,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm delighted to hear you're back on board! 

To help you log back into the account, we will need to verify ownership which can no longer be done through our Forum Community. When you have a moment please email our support and sign in as a guest here for further assistance. 

Talk soon, 

hizzy
Visitor
2 0 0

hey can i get the an email to recover as well, i recently got a new phone , and i would like to continue with my product , i had so many designs but i lost my recovery code , and no longer have the number they send the code to , my email address is hizzytf@gmail.com please help

hizzy
Visitor
2 0 0

i only created this account to contact support

DME22
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ted,

Similar to a few of the other posts, I have lost access to where my previous login authentications were. I have my normal log in and access to email

Greta
Shopify Staff
1100 118 139

Hi, @hizzy and @DME22!

I'm assisting Ted today, and I'm happy to provide you with some next steps. 

If you're unable to log into your Shopify account due to an issue with two-factor authentication, you can use this link to get in touch with us, without needing to log in. If you're having any trouble starting a chat, I recommend using that same link in an incognito window. Once you're connected with us, we'll verify your identity and assist you with getting back into your account!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this process.

Greta | Shopify 

Lawrenceshere
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello. I need help for this problem too. I had tried to open another discussion but it didn't allowed me to. I guess I will get help by replying here? Thanks.

Darpanraj09
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem and talked to many Shopify Contact Support Advisors but nobody solved my issue yet

Greta
Shopify Staff
1100 118 139

Hi, @Darpanraj09!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you contact us through the Help Center, and was your issue escalated? If so, it's normal that you haven't received a response right away, as our Accounts Team is working through their queue. Rest assured you will hear back via email as soon as possible. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! 

Greta | Shopify 

Darpanraj09
Visitor
2 0 0

Its been a month, still Shopify team couldn't solve it  then it means they are not really trying 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1100 118 139

Hi, @Darpanraj09!

I'm sorry to hear it is taking so long to resolve your issue. Our team is working to answer all requests as quickly as possible, however response times are longer than normal due to queue size. To verify that your request is still being looked into, feel free to create a new ticket with us. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Greta | Shopify 

Nez30
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Greta, I have the same exact concern as the very first thread. 

I took a ¨break¨ from Shopify months ago. But I don't have my recovery codes or app key anymore. Is there anyway you could help me get into my account please. I need this by Monday. Thanks

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Nez30.

Thanks for reaching out on this thread. 

If you do not have access to your recovery codes and you are unable to successfully login to your Shopify store. We will need to verify you as the store owner to provide further assistance. Since we cannot authenticate you over the Community forums due to the sensitive information that needs to be shared, I am unable to view the specifics. 

You can get in direct contact with our live support by navigating to this URL and completing the forum. Once you complete the forum, you should see the options to speak with a Support Advisor about the situation. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify