Uploading ID to continue using Shopify payments

SalusburyWine
Tourist
8 0 1

There is a message on my store that 'To continue using Shopify Payments, the account owner needs to upload their photo ID by tomorrow at 11:05am GMT.'

I cannot see anywhere to upload the photo. If I click on 'Learn More' in the message it just takes me to a page which explains this will sometimes be required but doesn't tell you how.

Can anyone help? 

Replies 29 (29)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hi, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

If you go to your Store Admin (the page you see when you first log in) you should see a button that asks you to submit some documents.

It would look something like this: 

2019-11-yqrd4-rv22t

When you click Submit ID you will be taken to a secure upload area where you can submit your ID. That area is fully secured for the safety of your documents and only our payments team has the ability to view the documents.

If you have any issues with the uploading process please do let me know.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SalusburyWine
Tourist
8 0 1

Except the button that says 'submit photo id'  on my screen it says 'Learn More' and takes me to a Q&A page where I can't do anything.

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Can you take a screenshot of the message for me?

If we can't figure it out from that then I will move this conversation to email so I can verify and take a look at the back end of your store. 

SalusburyWine
Tourist
8 0 1

This is the only thing I can see to click on and it takes me to a Q&AThis is the only thing I can see to click on and it takes me to a Q&A

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

May I ask if you are the account owner? If you're not the owner then you're not going to have access to the payment gateway information. In that case, you would need to contact the store owner to get them to log in and deal with the payment information. 

If you are the owner please let me know and we can figure out the next steps. 

Luscious
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm A shopify Store owner and i have the same problem but i upload the id and it not accepted i Upload my id and it's valid but i got that error any helpi Upload my id and it's valid but i got that error any help

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

@Luscious If you're still dealing with this issue please let me know.

Dumb_Dave
Tourist
3 0 1

I am having the same problem. I have a LEARN MORE button in my admin. There is no way to upload government ID via my dashboard. LEARN MORE is just general information. Is there a particular email address I should use? I'd prefer a secure upload area. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 4.50.58 AM.png

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Yes, uploading all items via the secure process would be the best course of action. Have you received an email from anyone on our team recently about this? 

Dumb_Dave
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello, 

I got this response to an email: 

Thank you for recently reaching out to our Support Team. This message is to confirm that your issue has been successfully escalated to Shopify's Risk Operations Team.

All escalations are reviewed and an Analyst will reach out to you in the next 48-72 hours.

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

That's perfect then! That is the team that will need to take a look at your account as they have access to more information for this specific situation than I do as general support. In that case, it will be best to wait for them to respond and then you can direct any additional inquiries to them via that email thread. 

I appreciate your patience as our team works to give you the best and most informative answer possible. 

jnorwood007
4 0 0

@Dallas Would you mind helping me out with this issue please?

I have got this message at the moment: The photo ID you uploaded was not valid. To continue using Shopify Payments, resubmit your photo ID by tomorrow at 2:40pm BST in order to verify your identity.

No matter how many times I try and upload my ID this keeps happening. What is the best way to get this sorted?

Its a little urgent.

Thanks

Jordan Norwood

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hi, Jordan. 

Since it has been a few days I wanted to check to see if this is something that you're still having issues with. 

If it is, it sounds like this could be a cache related issue. Have you tried clearing your cache? This helpful link (https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic) gives instructions on how to clear the cache for all browsers. Can you try that and then let me know how it works? 

If this still isn't working then we will have to look a little deeper. Please let me know if you were able to find a resolution or if we should continue to work towards a solution.

Kula1
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having a similar issue with uploaded a document. We've recently had a sale from overseas and have been asked to verify my identity. When I clicked on the link on the dashboard, I was being asked to verify the OLD store owner's ID. I am the current owner, how to I change this to show my information?

image.png

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

For that I would have to send it to my account integrity team so they can verify and make that adjustment. I don't actually have access to be able to do that. 

What I am going to do is send you an email to the account associated with this Shopify forums account. From there we will verify and I will send it to the account integrity team. 

If you don't see that email please let me know. 

NancyFernandez
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having a similar issue with uploaded a document. We uploaded de ID from de admin for our store but there is an error and appears a message saying that the photo ID was not valid. We change the photo many times but no one works. 

how to I change this to show my information? 

If we don't get it before tomorrow at 6:30 pm, will the store be closed?

Help!!!!!!

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

I would love to see what I can do to help you out with this and get it resolved asap because I completely understand the importance of this. 

It sounds like this could be a cache related issue. Have you tried clearing your cache? This helpful link gives instructions on how to clear the cache for all browsers. Can you try that and then let me know how it works? 

If that doesn't work then we will move this to email so that I can send this to our account integrity team. No need to worry, we will find a way for you to give us your images. I sincerely appreciate that you have reached out to me. 

Please let me know if clearing the cache doesn't work for you. 

Kula1
Visitor
2 0 0
Hey! Dallas from Shopify got in touch with me and I’m still having the same issue. Still not resolved on my end and people can still shop on my site.
Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey! 

I have your email but haven't replied yet because I'm just speaking with my team about the best next steps for you. They are out of the office now, but I should have the next steps tomorrow. Please keep an eye out for that email reply. 

Fzeuthen
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having similar problems uploading (again) my identification. I just have a "Learn more" button.

Please advise.

ChelseaMilner
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi, 

I have the issue of needing to verify my name in order to continue accepting payments, however I have no option to upload any ID to fix this. Can you help?

Thanks, 

Chelsea 

LilWeebCreation
Visitor
1 0 0

hello I need help! I’ve been trying too submit my Drivers license ID. But there is no button to submit! I’ve been trying for weeks and now I’m finally done and I need someone to help me ASAP 

HydropoolMiss
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having th same issues trying to upload my documents or even change ym Birth date 

ChelseaMilner
Tourist
4 0 2
Hi,

Yeah for some reason it said check your details and verify your ID and then
when you clicked on it to edit, it was coming up with the right details and
wouldnt let me upload any ID.
I came on the forum and it appeared everyone was having the same issue on
that day. So I think it was a glitch with shopify
Adnan-khan
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Luscious on which place of shopify setting you uploaded your ID i want to upload because i am facing same problem "this store cant accept payment right now" 

BenDover
Tourist
4 0 0

I really need help, I’m stressing you 😞 I just released and this is happening, how, where do I upload my photo ID, and it keeps saying incorrect... like I’m the owner of the account ! What else is there , I really need help. 

Liam22
Visitor
1 0 0

I am extremely frustrated.. I’m in the area to upload my ID and I have uploaded the image of my passport but no where does it say to submit!!! I have out in the Photo 100 times and when I back out it still says I need to submit the ID!! I have orders I need to fulfill and I cannot do so without the money being held... 

JOHN1993
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi is there a way where I can put the upload photo in my checkout store? So that uploading photos are pre req in order you ti purchase.

Meerabkhan31200
Visitor
2 0 0

i have a question. If we are a tennant then how we are going to make our verification clear about the bill and id as the owner name would be changed