User Input Price (height, width)

kojubu
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello everyone,

I want my customers to input specific values (height and width) so the price gets updated every time the values change.  

I have already tried a few apps, but they are all either inconsistent or extremely costly.

I would really appreciate your help!

p.s. the math formula also contains a variable - let's call it y - which is a drop box...style

The formula is price = (height + 10)*(width+25)*unit price*y

Replies 3 (3)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@kojubu wrote:

I want my customers to input specific values (height and width) so the price gets updated every time the values change.  

Variant Option 1 = height, Option 2 = width , let customers choose values from dropdowns.

If your increment size causes you to hit the variant limit break the product up into multiple size tiers.

Or you need to break apart the size options into a separate product that you then bundle by some scheme with the base product , like a fee.

Otherwise shopify just isn't built for dimensional products, or composite products like this.

So if your already using variant options for other product attributes you need an app when extra options affect the products price.

I have already tried a few apps, but they are all either inconsistent or extremely costly.

Apps like usemechanic can let you script a draft order process https://tasks.mechanic.dev/create-a-draft-order-from-the-cart 

So you could use line item properties and/or cart attributes to contain the customer product information to generate custom products.

As for cost how much time are you going to burn trying to avoid investing in your business and focusing on actual value.

If your business model is reliant on specific behaviors pay for specific functionality.

Your either going to pay a monthly fee, or pay a lot upfront to develop a custom solution.

Long term the latter can be a better investment if done properly.

But really if an app is $20/mth and generates 10x that income and frees up just as much time then just use the app.

which is a drop box...style

What does that mean? 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Not applicable

Hello @kojubu 

Hope you are well.

I think Bundle Kit app, may be of interest to you and your problem. 

You don't need to have any coding knowledge or use any formulas, as you specified, to build and sell your bundle kits.

Through our app, you will be able to automatically list out the individual bundled item SKUs in the bundle order, and their specific values such as height and width which will then be automatically updated and it will also inspect every single incoming order, and manage its price by computing it in real-time, so it is less time consuming, and costly.

You can test out our app for free: https://apps.shopify.com/bundle-kit 

Hope that was helpful!

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or want us to guide you through the process.
Best,
Ana

ErSanjay
Shopify Partner
293 20 42

@kojubu  Do you figure out the custom code solution 

Business Owner & Shopify app developer - shopify consting - Full Stack Sofware Engineer
Er Sanjay