Video not showing up on product page

Solsec
Shopify Partner
27 0 4

Uploaded a video through the products tab on the admin section of Shopify, however it's not showing up on the products page of the actual website. Not sure why so any help would be great, thanks.

I use the Brooklyn theme. Website is: https://poisonjam.co/

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 5.39.56 PM.png

Replies 25 (25)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey!

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

So in order to have that show-up, I'm going to need to go into the back end of your account to enable a feature. In order to be able to do that I'll need to send you an email in order to verify your account.

I've gone ahead and sent that email so if you don't see that in your inbox or in your spam folder please do let me know.

I also have 2 other workarounds in the meantime: 

1. If you add the image/video as a .gif file then it will show up without me having to go into the back end for yours.
  2. The other option is to follow the instructions on this link here which will enable you to embed the video into your product page.

You should have the email in your inbox now so if you don't see it please let me know.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

zensability
Visitor
1 0 3

Hi - Who do we contact to have this feature enabled on our shop? 

Thank you!

Amber

zensability.com

sakrumb
Visitor
2 0 1

im having the same issue

Evgheni
Tourist
3 0 1

i have the same issue

pandysgcenter
Visitor
1 0 1

Same issue happening here, Its just not showing the video at all and it should be.

Chidiamondco
Visitor
1 0 0

I use debut theme 

joseeruano
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Hello

I don't know if you will see this comment but are you able to help me out with this one?

Have the same problem but mine is with debut theme, let me know what steps to follow

Best;

Jose

edmond8tu
Visitor
2 0 6

Hello, is there a way for us to enable this feature ourselves? Having videos on our product pages is essential for our conversion funnel.

welearnwegrow
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello! I have the same issue! Please enable the feature. My site is welearnwegrow.community

Gayle_Lawrence
Visitor
1 0 1

Your second solution does not add a video to the media/photo area of the product. It adds it to the product description. How do you add a video to show up in the product media/photo area?  Nothing I've tried works. It was the original poster's question. Thanks.

Jatz
Tourist
7 0 4

Same problem here. Thought this would have been an easy addition to the product page like the photos but apparently not.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Really need to add a video to each product.

sakrumb
Visitor
2 0 1
youtube link imbed in page or upgrade to shopify plus

##- Please type your reply above this li
ArtByJakov
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem:( Please contact me and help

Luisw
Visitor
1 0 0

Good morning Dallas, 

I'm having a similar issue, the videos are showing in the Shopify admin product page but not on the live site... any ideas?

Luis

Kia
Excursionist
22 0 16

Hi

Hope you are well. I am having the same problem, on the simple theme. Can you assist?

www.zalemart.co.za on https://kiajadwattrial.myshopify.com/

ETSAdmin
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Dallas,

I am running into the same issue. If you could also give us the same fix you gave the original individual that would be wonderful.

The website is: https://excessthings.com/ 

Contact Email: shopexcessthings@gmail.com

Store Theme: Prestige Version 1.1.1

Hope to hear from you soon !

OdoudsUS
Visitor
1 0 0

Can we also be sent this!

TheAWEShop
Visitor
1 0 0

pls enable for me

Chris262
Visitor
3 0 0

Has anyone got a fix for this?  Looks like a ton of people are having this issue.

Videos work on the backend when embedded but not in the front end.

This is driving me mad...I need to get video working on our site!!!

fatum01
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dallas, I have the same problem with  videos not showing up on my product page. Would you be able to share the solution with me please?

I am using Debut theme, cheers

jmmsolutions
Visitor
1 0 0

Please contact me to enable this back end feature. I have the same issue. Thank you.

Shivamsharma1
Visitor
1 0 1

Uploaded a video through the products tab on the admin section of Shopify, however it's not showing up on the products page of the actual website. Not sure why so any help would be great, thanks.

I use the Basel theme. Website is: https://poppybells.com/

JujiWiz
Visitor
1 0 2

Having the same issue here also on the updated Debut theme.

This is a supported feature with an interface provided to add a video link (YouTube in my case) and it even displays that in the Admin product page. Why does it require a support ticket to enable?

mgibson323
Tourist
3 0 2

Very odd that this doesn't "just work." How can we get this feature enabled for our shop?

ETSAdmin
Visitor
2 0 0

Not sure if this is the case for anyone is this thread but want to share my solution. After contacting Shopify to inquire about the video feature not working they contacted the theme developer and discovered that my site was using an unlicensed theme (which was setup by a contractor hired on 5rr - lol for some reason it won't let me name the company). I then purchased the licensed theme for $199 from Shopify and everything worked as it was suppose to. Hope this helps !!!