Website Domain says it’s expired but when I check it says active

Thirstyskincare
Tourist
5 0 2

My domain it’s saying that it’s expired when it’s searched out but when I go into the domain section of my shop at my account it shows that all my domains are active and I do not understand what is going on or how to fix it. I need help!

Replies 3 (3)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

If you purchased your domain through 3rd party domain registrars (Godaddy, siteground, etc), you need to contact them directly.

Alternatively, if the domain was purchased directly through Shopify, consider getting in contact with merchant support.

Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Thirstyskincare
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you so much for your feedback I was able to get in contact with someone who is currently helping me correct the situation!

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Thirstyskincare,

As @Nick_Marketing touched on, if you purchased the domain directly through Shopify, can you contact one of our advisors directly by logging in here. From there, they can take a closer look to what the status of your domain is. We can't look into account specifics via the community for security and privacy reasons. 

Alternatively if you purchased your domain from a third party host, your best bet is to contact them directly to find out the status and if it is expired or active. 

After you've found out the status of your domain and made sure it's not expired you can double check the status on your store is active. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.