Solved

How can I manage 3rd party app execution to improve website speed?

Nehal-Megawer
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello There,

My Website Speed is very slow approx. 40%
Is there a way to handle 3-rd party Apps execution, So the apps execute after my page rendered?

Mix And Match

Thanks In Advance.

Accepted Solution (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nehal-Megawer,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with improving your site speed, to ensure this gets resolved. 

While you will want to connect with the developer directly for any third-party apps, I have gone ahead and made a few suggestions that may help improve your site speed. There are 4 main reasons customers will experience slow loading times including: 

• Too many apps trying to load at one time: The more apps that are running at once, the longer the loading times will be. Determine if you really need all those apps and If you're not using them at all, then you should remove them. I know you mentioned you've recently added some new features, are these with the help of apps? 
  • Theme customizations: When you edit or customize themes, file sizes can increase and affect your store speed. If you have a heavily customized theme, this may be something to take into consideration. 
  •  Image sizes: The larger the image size and the more videos and slideshows you display, the longer it will take to load. We also have a great blog article with 10 Must Know Image Optimization Tips
  • The end-user/customer browser, device, and internet connection: This is something you won't have control over of course, but it is good to keep in mind. 

Additionally, I recommend checking out our Improving Your Online Speed Score document as it touches on a few more tips and suggestions. If you are using a Free Shopify Theme, we may be able to investigate further to provide basic performance improvements. You can learn more about the support available, in our Support For Themes document. 

You may also consider hiring a Shopify Expert. They are trusted third-party agencies and freelancers that work to help improve your business! To learn more, you can check out our Expert Marketplace

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

MOISCHKOWITZ
Shopify Partner
252 20 34

You do have a lot of errors your site produces. I'd check that first. What is the absolute value that you are getting when checking with lighthouse?

> I hope you find my reply helpful. To let me know click on like!
> I'd love to help. Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
> WhatsApp: https://zeep.ly/UJ0nE | Email: mluebcke@gmail.com

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nehal-Megawer,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with improving your site speed, to ensure this gets resolved. 

While you will want to connect with the developer directly for any third-party apps, I have gone ahead and made a few suggestions that may help improve your site speed. There are 4 main reasons customers will experience slow loading times including: 

• Too many apps trying to load at one time: The more apps that are running at once, the longer the loading times will be. Determine if you really need all those apps and If you're not using them at all, then you should remove them. I know you mentioned you've recently added some new features, are these with the help of apps? 
  • Theme customizations: When you edit or customize themes, file sizes can increase and affect your store speed. If you have a heavily customized theme, this may be something to take into consideration. 
  •  Image sizes: The larger the image size and the more videos and slideshows you display, the longer it will take to load. We also have a great blog article with 10 Must Know Image Optimization Tips
  • The end-user/customer browser, device, and internet connection: This is something you won't have control over of course, but it is good to keep in mind. 

Additionally, I recommend checking out our Improving Your Online Speed Score document as it touches on a few more tips and suggestions. If you are using a Free Shopify Theme, we may be able to investigate further to provide basic performance improvements. You can learn more about the support available, in our Support For Themes document. 

You may also consider hiring a Shopify Expert. They are trusted third-party agencies and freelancers that work to help improve your business! To learn more, you can check out our Expert Marketplace

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog